“A Sad experience”

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Sad experience”
Reviewed June 20, 2006

Day 1: check in at approx. 3pm. beautiful pool. Room ok. left for dinner. Returned at 11pm. electronic key malfunction. Recieved new key at front desk.

Day 2: Walked over to the pool area, "CLOSED" because of new roof being installed. And will remain closed for the whole week. (the remainder of our stay). Left for the day and returned at 11pm. Electronic key malfunction again and my ground level door was open. Got new key from front desk and no explaination about the open door, or appology. Nothing inside was disturbed.

Day 3: Left early am and returned approx 5:30pm to another malfunction key. Got a new one from the front desk, opened the door and it wasn't made up yet. I asked the front desk why, and he said we have 88 rooms here. So we left and went out to dinner, returned at approx 11pm, Yup, another key malfunction. Got a new one at the front desk. My wife called the front desk to ask about the key matter and the Front Desk night manager hung up on her.

Day 4: I was in the lobby in the am and overherd another guest telling the day manager about his door being open the night before when he returned to his room. Manager had no answer.
My wife was in the lobby also a little later on and heard the owners on this ramada yelling and screaming at each other right outside the front door. A very ugly time here.
We left for the day and returned at approx 11pm and presto the key worked. The room was made up. But I noticed the window being left open. This is a bottom level room with an alley in the back and the only security we had was a screen. Asked the front desk about the window, they had no answer. It looked like we were being set up. However nothing was disturbed.

Day 5: Check out. Pool still closed. A very bad experience at this place. We were visiting family in the hospital who has little time left. Our sad trip in that respect turned into a VERY bad trip thanks to Ramada. I just checked google for complaints about Ramada inn's and their are thousands. Never Again

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 1, 2006

I booked at this "hotel" because it had excellent ratings. I was summarily disappointed. It is a 2 story MOTEL. It is very old, dark and musty smelling. Since we were on the 1st floor, we had to keep the drapes closed or we would be staring at people outside the room. They give you one tiny bottle of shampoo for 3 people and the towels don't even dry you off!

I is located on PCH at the very end of Torrance...certainly NOT an 18 minute drive to the airport. There is NO EASY ACCESS to the 405. It takes quite a while to get there via surface streets.

I would NOT stay there again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 5, 2005

A better than expected experience. I stayed at the Ramada one night with my husband. Didn't know what to expect since there were no reviews. I was pleasantly surprised with the nice sized room, friendly front desk person, and FREE WI-FI!!!. Not sure if the free wi-fi was intentional, or someone nearby just happened to have an unsecured network.
We chose this hotel because of its low price ($65 plus taxes) and the late check out time of 12pm (we needed to get as much sleep as possible). Despite being on a very busy road, even on a Saturday morning, we slept fine.
My only complaints were with the bathroom. The shower head was so low (I know, it's a common complaint) my husband kept banging his head on it. It was covered with so much lime that the water spurts sprayed in at about a 45 degree angle, all colliding about an inch in front of the head and then bursting out all over the place. When I went to get into the shower on the other end (so the water wouldn't spray all over the adjacent toilet), I slipped on the tub area that wasn't covered by the tiny mat (which was most of it) and nailed my elbow on the wall when I tried to keep from falling. Coincidentally, the the soap dish was mounted into the wall right at elbow level, so you know I banged the same elbow on that about 5 more times during my shower.
So, despite our bruises, I would still recommend this place, and we'll probably stay there again in a few weeks.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Owner/GM at Ramada Torrance, responded to this review, February 25, 2006
Thank you for your patronage and support for our hotel. I feel very touched that you would still come back to us even after the bruises. I care very much how my guests feel about our hotel, and I am sorry that the shower has caused so much trouble for you. Just to let you know, the next improvement project will definitely be the showerhead and the soap dish; I constantly look for areas of improvement to better serve my guests. I hope I know who you are so that I can offer you a complimentary room night the next time you come to town. I truly appreciate your candidness and cheerful expression. Hope everything goes well wherever you may be and hope to see you soon. Blessings!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Howard Johnson Torrance
Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn
Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
Super 8 Torrance LAX Airport Area

Been to Ramada Torrance? Share your experiences!