“Very Good”

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
San Jose
“Very Good”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The units were clean and very quiet. It would have been nice to have a microwave unit in the room. I would stay there again if ever in the neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RamadaInnTorrance, Manager at Ramada Torrance, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and we do that with each and every comment we get online. Thank you and hope to see you back soon.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed April 17, 2013

came in for a business trip (choice to stay here was not mine). In the past I considered Ramada to be one step above a Motel 6. I figured with the new changes and being a "Wyndham" property it would be better.....now maybe they're 2-3 steps above Motel 6!

The lobby is small and outdated, leaves a lot to be desired. The front desk staff was kind, personable, & helpful. The TV worked (no channel guide though) That is about where my positive review stops.

The room made my skin crawl as soon as I walked in. Did not feel cozy at all!!! High ceilings, wood floors, red wall, out dated decor....gross!!! I didn't even want to sit on the bed....which had wrinkled sheets from either being poorly made that morning or someone had sat on them.
The room had a musty old smell to it and I ended up going to the Walgreens up the street to buy Lysol and candles to try and disinfect, kill the smell and make it semi cozy. The fridge had a leak or something and all I heard was a constant dripping sound!

My view consisted of an alley, residential backyard, power lines, and some sort of fruit tree....so much for California dreams.

I sprayed down EVERYTHING - the furniture, bed, bathroom, even the fridge!
At one point I spilled a little soda on the floor and proceeded to wipe it up with a towel...the towel was FILTHY (I took a photo of it) which tells me the hardwood floors haven't been mopped is ages!!! Gross...thank goodness for house shoes and socks!!!

The wifi didn't work in my room! I had to go to the lobby to sign in and the connection died when I got back to my room. The source didn't even populate to give me a chance to log back in! Thanks goodness they didn't charge for this or I would've been looking for a refund!

On the upside the location was a mile away from the site of my business meetings and there are lots of options nearby for dining and convenience.

I was really looking forward to a few days in California to relax and enjoy a mini vaycay. Hard to do when you are constantly worrying about the germs festering in your room

As for food....I didn't/wouldn't trust the Chinese food place or breakfast if they keep their restaurant and kitchen like their rooms.

Bottom line....2 nights was more than enough for me and if I could've changed hotels (even for more money) I would've.

Disappointed is a understatement.
Ramada Inn needs to so better because this is UNACCEPTABLE!!

• Stayed April 2013
RamadaInnTorrance, Manager at Ramada Torrance, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay wasn't all that it could have been. I apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your inconvenience. I assure you we are addressing each issue you mentioned with the proper department. At this time we are going thru a remodeling that will improve the property as a whole. Once again please do accept our opologies as we work to correct these issues.

Management
Napa
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. We brought our small shy cat and she had a window to look out. We didn't want the door opened while we were gone & we could tell no one came in, as we put a note on the door that was never touched. I definitely would stay again when we're in the neighborhood. Very clean and quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Diane D
RamadaInnTorrance, Manager at Ramada Torrance, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad that you were very satisfied with your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for staying at Ramada.
Avalon
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our overall service was ok. I would prefer a bottom room for when we have the dog. There were no sweet pastries, just bagels.W fi was extremely slow hardly worth using.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We will certainly look at the issues you've mentioned and will look at how we can do better in those areas. I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Howard Johnson Torrance
Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn
Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
Super 8 Torrance LAX Airport Area

Been to Ramada Torrance? Share your experiences!