“Good hotel for short stay”
Review of Ramada Torrance

Ramada Torrance
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good hotel for short stay”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I recently stayed there during a relocation to East coast. I researched online for pet friendly hotels because I'm moving with 2 pets. Found this hotel and called directly. The lady at reservation was very helpful and even offered a special rate since I was staying for 5 nights.
The hotel is in a safe area with convenient access to major freeways. Facilities include swimming pool, jacuzzi and breakfast room.
Housekeeping staff were friendly. The room is spacious and clean. The only drawback I could think of is the Wifi did not work from my room but I used the terminals in front desk area with no problem.
Definitely will recommend to friends for future stays.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly rather than Expedia.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
RamadaInnTorrance, Manager at Ramada Torrance, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thanks for the great review CalifPV, we're glad we could help with your extended stay during the your busy relocation process. Thanks for mentioning our pet friendly policies and all the great facilities we have on our property. However we are truly sorry that your internet was not able to work. We do have wifi throughout the property and are in the process with our cable company of upgrading our internet speeds. We can't wait to see you again here at Ramada Torrance!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pleasanton
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This was my third stay at Ramada Torrance. I googled the Inn and got a phone number. I called and she took my reservation which turned out to be Expedia. Usually I call direct to the Inn and it works out well. I expressed to Expedia I wanted a first floor room, not up stairs due to our age, and we always bring our little dog with us. I had made these reservations three months in advance and paid for in advance. When I got there they had no first floor rooms available. Ramada charged $20.00 per day for our dog, and a new policy has been installed charging $100.00 for incidentals, which we did not pay on our other visits, but if none you get the money back. Expedia had the dog fee at $10.00 per night. During our stay the motel was under full remodeling. I had a car rental and was afraid to park in places where they were painting the upper floors. OTHERWISE- Our stay was again enjoyable, the room was satisfactory, but the air conditioner did not work. The room was hot durning the day. I have reservations again in thirteen days and will again see how nice the room is and what point the remodel is in. If I had a complaint I guess it would be against Expedia for not doing what Iasked for and paid for.

Room Tip: After three stays, I feel any room would be good, especially after this remodel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RamadaInnTorrance, Manager at Ramada Torrance, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
First off, sorry for your difficulties while staying at our property. Sorry we did not receive any remark on your reservation through Expedia for a downstairs room, however we do now have it in our system for your future reservation. In addition the pet charge was changed in the beginning of this year, and is still one of the most competitive rates without any pet weight restriction! Incidental Deposits however are not a new policy and although we have raised the incidental deposit, it is not a charge and will "fall off" the card within 24-72 hours. Thank you for your repeated business and we're glad you like the new renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you again during your next reservation!
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Fairly quiet even in the middle of commerical area. Rooms are being renovated. Breakfast is really poor, don't plan on much. Orange juice is really Sunny D and that is the only "juice" provided. They also have white or wheat bread for toast and a couple of choices of sugar cereal. That is it. They provde tea bags but no hot water. And if there is coffee in the coffee urn you are lucky. Adds no value to the cost of the room.

Room Tip: make sure your room is in the back side of the buildings for less highway noise
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Laurel A
Hello Laurel, thanks for taking the time to create this review. We're glad you mentioned how quiet our property is although located on a massive street such as PCH. Sorry breakfast seemed inadequate during your stay, we are currently working on remodling the lobby along with a new breakfast area as well as plenty of new breakfast items. We hope you will return soon!
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have lived in the Southbay (S. Redondo Beach) but never stayed at the Ramada Inn, Torrance. Having come back to the area while apt hunting, I needed a comfortable & clean hotel to call 'base camp'. In this property I found it and while the overall hotel needs renovating, the rooms are large, it clean and problems get solved instead of overlooked. The property is in process of being renovated as this is being typed and believe it will be a higher rated hotel once it is complete. Kudos to Ben, Sandy and their staff; Marlene, Paloma, Nia, Rudy, Marciano and the housekeeping dept with only Maria the one I know, all are great. If a problem does arise they do their very best to parlay a positive solution as soon as possible & and fast as they can. Some things to pass along....1) larger fridge & add microwaves to rooms, 2) fans in the bathroom instead of the opening there now, 3) painting which is being done, 4) 86 wallpaper in rooms and paint instead and 5) redo carpeting or add pergo.

I would also amp up the breakfast, maybe waffles, eggs, bacon/sausage, fruit/yogurt....healthy:-).

Thanks very much for the 'home away from home'........

Room Tip: It is all what you prefer, 1st or 2nd floor has it's advantages to both, no elevator. Rooms in t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Hey Paul, thanks for your continued and repeated stays with us at Ramada Torrance. Glad you are still around and it's been a pleasure housing you so far! Although in the review you mentioned our rooms pre-remodling I'm glad you like our new renovations as well as the plans for the future. Thanks for mentioning all our staff members and we're glad we can assist you in any way possible.
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Bedding don't look clean. Housekeepers were rude.
Terrible motel.

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank Hernandezmm
RamadaInnTorrance, Manager at Ramada Torrance, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you for your time reviewing our business. I'm sorry that you felt that our rooms cleanliness was not up to your standards. We are improving our bedding and actually are recieving new some new beds next monday! We are always striving to improve, so thanks again for the suggestion. Please come back to visit and see!
Veracruz, Mexico
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I recently reviewed this hotel, but since last time I went back once more and things are not getting better.

The hotel is old and it is getting older, the Internet service is slow, tv sets are old.

In one of the rooms that I sayed there were ants in the bathroom and the a/c broke while in the other room it worked properly it was falling apart.

Still an option if you are going to Robinson but after 6 years I'm thinking of staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Luis K
RamadaInnTorrance, Manager at Ramada Torrance, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
First I'd like to say thank you for writing another review on our property. We're sorry we were unable to meet the standard both you and I expect from our motel rooms. We are striving to make improvements and new flat screen TV's are already on the way! We wish you the best but hope that you'll give us another shot!
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I want to say thank you to al the staff @ Ramada Torrance. The staff here are so friendly. The hotel is a little retro but I like it. The rooms are clean, and roomy It is centrally located in a safe neighborhood. If you need anything the staff is right there for you. They are nicest people I've met. I was in Torrance Ca in March 2001 as my mother became very ill and passed away. It was a difficult time for my son and I. This is the only hotel I stay in when I come home to visit my family... Thank you Marleen. I look forward to our next stay in Torrance at the Ramada.. Of course our usual room....! Laura

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lalizona
Thank you for your strong review Laura! Your business has been a pleasure for us and we're glad we can accomidate all your needs! We would like to thank you for metioning our location near much of Torrance's residential areas. Come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Howard Johnson Torrance
Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn
Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
Super 8 Torrance LAX Airport Area

Been to Ramada Torrance? Share your experiences!