“HOJO in Torrance”

TORRANCE
“HOJO in Torrance”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice:
- Room, staff, breakfast, comfort...

Point to be improved:
- Internet with low speed and low signal in the room

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Redondo Beach
Reviewed September 21, 2012

It was very nice Hotel when i was in a trip with my family there , Room is cleaned and freshed but the internet is so slow , i think they should upgrade it a little faster for their customers who might really need the internet while staying there .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The 1st stay we were given 1 king size bed for a family of 4. The room was stink it smelled like a care home. The 2 nd stay a week later was ok-we were able to get 2 beds for the 4 of us. Was quite upset when I we placed the do not disturb sign went to eat breakfast went to the room and kids went to get ice and headed to the car, we left the room for the day and the sign was missing. The maid was cleaning the room next to ours so.....obviously she must of took it off and hid it so she didnt have to clean our room. Wen we got back to the hotel at midnight there was the sign ON The door with a note from the maid she didn't clean the room cause we left the sign hanging. Total BS. Front desk are super cool. Breakfast was simple and filling. Kinda weird when u used the waffle maker the lights went out. Parking was good, elevator was old and ice machine is straight up ghetto and moldy. No chair to sit on in room, sheets and blankets had hair and cigarette holes.

Room Tip: Pay a ill extra and stay next door @ the residence inn.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Torrance hotels

TORRANCE
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Area was nice to stay to go around LA !
Easy access to freeway and town is nice and calm and safe.

People were nice at hotel and friendly. I really enjoyed my stay here !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Antelope Acres
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel before and did not have a problem. this time a couple of us had arrived at 12:30 and had already requested an early check in.. we were told the rooms weren't ready because the staff had gone to lunch, and were told it would be at least an hour. so, we waited and came back after an hour (the front desk person had said she would call us but had not at this point) so, we got to check in, and the 2 of us that checked in, were sent to rooms near the back of the hotel, I noticed the room was pretty clean and did some unpacking, when I went to the bathroom area there was a strong urine smell and also a strong cigarette smell.. since we were so late checking in, we had limited time to get ready and head out to our destination for the day, I went ahead and took a shower to get ready, and the smells did not go away, so, I called the front desk and told them about this issue, their response was, well, it is next to a smoking room, since I had requested a non smoking room, I thought it was odd that they would place me next to a smoking room. the girl asked if I wanted to change rooms or check out (without a penalty??) and, I said, I didn't care for the check out response, and thought that was out of line, since, at that late time, where else would I go! it didn't seem to matter! so, i changed rooms and it was much nicer, NO SMELLS.. the bed was comfy and it had a small regridgerator, good air conditioner, and was clean...... another person in our party had to change rooms because there were dead flies in the room. they explained that someone probably had the window open and the flies got in..
too many problems this time, we may have to look elsewhere next time we come for an event.. I also feel that possibly our placement of rooms may have been because we had a discount for the room...

Room Tip: make sure you if you want a NON SMOKING room to ask for one away from a SMOKING room.. the ventilati...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brteyes1
istanbul
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have stayed at Howard Johnson in Torrance for 3 nights on past weekend. A friend of mine has booked a room for me because its so close to his house that's why I have stayed there.The location is great if you are looking for a hotel next to malls,outlet shops etc at Hawthorne Blvd. The room is enough for two persons and the hotel have provided free breakfast that the 3 star Park Inn in Vancouver and 4 star Radisson Airport in Los angeles have not offered. The air condition is old-fashioned and was not working even if it was working I am sure that it could work very noisy.I do not have many things to write about the hotel and I do not know do they charge for car park.There is no business center and it's a huge deficiency. I think to buy two or three p.c and a printer and set them on a place must not be a huge expense for the hotel management. The staff was kind. Anyway if you do not want to spend too much money for the hotels you can stay that budget hotel that's all I can say..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank tolga23
Torrance, California
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Again writing from my hotel room. This is second time staying here in past 6 months. Place is worn out and not taken care of. inside elevators are torn apart and not fixed for a long time. Ice machine is broken and not working for a long time! ( Few months back was the same when I was here) I had to go to another floor to get some ice. No microwave in the room. Blanket has torn spots and bed is not comfortable at all. There is a desk in this room however there are only two outlets under it and both are taken by a lamp and TV! Therefore you can not work on your computer at the desk! Called front desk to ask for an electric splitter and they had none. Front desk clerk was amazed how come all outlets are used in the room by appliances and none left for customer use by the desk! I have stayed at other Howard Johnson hotels before but this one is one of a kind I guess!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
Redondo Inn and Suites
Redondo Inn and Suites
#9 of 19 in Redondo Beach

Been to Howard Johnson Torrance? Share your experiences!