Travelodge Torrance/Redondo Beach
$124
$89
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskredondo beachstay there againmini fridgebed was comfortablea great place to stayfree breakfastplenty of parkingdel amo mallcerealreceptionist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Since December I have spent 2 or 3 nights each week in Torrance for my job and I spent my first 2 months trying out different hotels and extended stay locations that are priced below $80/night. For that price range, I have decided that the Travelodge in Torrance is the best option due to the friendly workers, clean and comfortable rooms, and nice continental breakfast. So, I have now book stays at this hotel for the next 2 months, even though my work will pay for more expensive options. The microwave the mini-fridge are nice to have, though I unplug the mini-fridge each night before going to sleep (even though it is much quieter than the mini-fridge at the Ramada and other places).

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
TorrTravelodge, Manager at Travelodge Torrance/Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

We are happy that you have found all of our amenities to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel and for your continued preference to the Torrance Travelodge. We greatly value your choosing to stay with us and we hope that you will still think of us in your future trips.

Reviewed February 4, 2011

This place is a gem. The staff was friendly and courteous. I think what impressed me the most was the attention to detail. It was evident everywhere, even in the lobby. Everything was neat and in place.
I've never seen what is basically a motel, as nice as this.
Please stay there and you will see.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

We truly appreciate your posting and we are so pleased you found everything to your liking. We hope you can return very soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

The hotel is average looking but at the same time it is clean, quiet, plenty of parking, great location, fast check-in, and good free continental breakfast. I stayed 2 nights and the only problem I had was that the TV will lose the audio and it was not able to be turned off either using the remote or the power button, but after 5 mins it would work again. Free WiFi was excellent and fast.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Torrance/Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Guest satisfaction is our number one objective so we really appreciate the input regarding our location and parking. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will give us a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed January 26, 2011

I stayed at Travelodge Torrance for about two weeks. I needed somewhere affordable and clean, and it seemed decent enough for the price. The rooms were what you'd normally expect from a motel, nothing spectacular. It did have a mini fridge and free (although unreliable) wifi. Everything seemed fine for a couple of days, but soon I started to get itchy, red rashes whenever I was in the room, especially when in bed. My hands were the worst, they got so itchy that they felt like they were on fire. I figured I must have been allergic to either the laundry detergent they used on their bedding and towels, or to their hand soap. I bought some of my own soap to try to remedy the situation. A few more days went by, but the itchiness wouldn't go away no matter what I tried. Finally, one night before going to bed, I noticed something down on the baseboard, and thought it was dust or a stain.. But once I looked closer, I saw that it was a brown bug. A bed bug. I had never seen one before in my life, so I searched online for photos to compare. The bug was about the size of an apple seed, brown, and had horizontal stripes across its back. There was absolutely no doubt whatsoever that it was one. My significant other and I killed the bug with a tissue and presented it to the front desk, wanting a refund for the night so we could get the heck out of there. However, the front desk said that it was probably just a roach (it was NOT a roach, roaches scurry away if you move toward them, the bug in our room just sat there as if we couldn't see it even though it was indeed alive. You could look at it and tell it was not a roach) and that they couldn't refund our money since we had already reserved the room for that night! They said that even if it was a bed bug, it probably hadn't bitten us since they sprayed all of their beds with pesticides!!! When they said that, it all made sense.. The rash, the persistent itchy feeling like my skin was on fire. When told about my skin reaction, they just said that they had to spray to protect from bed bugs. They said they would show the bug to the manager the next day, and all they could do was move us to another room. We reluctantly moved until we could make arrangements elsewhere the next day, checking everywhere possible for bugs, and barely being able to sleep out of fear. Plus, we now had to worry if we would be unknowingly bringing hidden bed bugs back to our home in our belongings. Upon checking out, the front desk informed us that they had sprayed for "the roaches."Needless to say, we won't be returning and will avoid all Travelodges at all costs in the future. Unfortunately, that still won't stop the nightmares..

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Clrblu7

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We take this very seriously and are very sorry about the issues you faced; this has been forwarded to management. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to earn your business in the future by continuing to evolve and improve guest experience.

Reviewed January 12, 2011

I stay here twice a month while in the South Bay area. It is nice to be recognized when I arrive and check-in is very prompt. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and I feel that the value here at Travelodge is the best in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for continuously choosing to stay at the hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying at the hotel and that you found our services to be the best in the South Bay! Please know that we value your continuous patronage to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.