“Clean Quiet and Safe”

Travelodge Torrance/Redondo Beach
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Torrance

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Torrance
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed here because it was the cheapest hotel near whee I had to be very early the next morning. I was very pleasantly surprised. It had a fridge and microwave, nice bed and everything I needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank Hope S
Lake Park, Minnesota
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Service and staff are excellent, probably why this hotel was fully booked during my stay. Very clean. It appears to be an older building, so some minor items are in need of upgrade or repair (sink stopper mechanism didn't work; I didn't care so didn't report it), but when I called about my alarm radio not working it was replaced within 5 minutes. The staff in particular was very welcoming and professional. When I needed to make a change, they handled it right away without inconvenience to me, in spite of all rooms being booked.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Sepulveda (sp?) are likely quieter. Ample parking available
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WoodyandPeg O
Torrance, California
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Circumstances made it so I stayed at Travelodge Torrance longer than I planned, over 7 weeks. This is an honest review from someone who doesn't usually write reviews.

First, if you are looking for a weekly or monthly stay, this place is a bargain given hotel prices in Torrance.

The staff is first class! From Richmond the manager to any of the maintenance staff, I was always treated with kindness and respect. The staff would do their best to accommodate any request I made.

The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, along with four nice big fluffy pillows. Each room has a clean working fridge and microwave. A good sized flat screen TV was mounted on the wall. HBO was included, and just about any other standard cable channel could be tuned in. The TV and remote worked with no problems ever. Plus, I never saw one insect inside the room.

The full size bath was always clean and plenty of hot water was available. When I first got into the room, I complained that the hot water in the bath was not hot enough. That was fixed immediately. When a problem with the toilet showed up, that was also fixed promptly. A good size separate sink is also in the room. Plenty of soap, shampoo, and conditioner were always placed near the sink by the staff. One washer and dryer are available for guests' use, as well.

For the most part the guests were respectful of a one another. A few beer bashes on a Friday night when the boys get off of work is expected. But over several weeks, I never heard one fight. The rooms are well sound proofed. Although I did experience one happy lady in the next room moan operatic. Nicely done, Sir! Shades of Madeline Khan.

Breakfast was nothing too exciting. The standard Continental breakfast of cereal, muffins, bagels, OJ, etc. Lots of jam, butter and cream cheese were put out. Plenty of very good hot coffee was available from dawn to dusk with real half and half during the breakfast time of 6am to 9am.

I have only one complaint. A little second hand cigarette smoke did filter in through the ventilation system from time to time. It would have been fixed if it could have been.

Before I decided to make Travelodge Torrance my extended stay hotel I stayed at several similarly priced and located hotels. For location, price, cleanliness, and a good night's sleep, Travelodge Torrance won my business hands down.

Room Tip: No restaurant. No Fitness center
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank G R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Howard Johnson Torrance
#9 of 20 in Torrance
Ramada Torrance
#15 of 20 in Torrance
LAX Area
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
#66 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Travelodge Torrance/Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!