Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
BestWestern.com
$97
$110
Orbitz.com
All reviewsdouble treecookiesexecutive loungethe penthousefire pitbusiness travelerdel amo mallbreakfast buffetfree parkingbusiness triprestaurants and shoppingconvenient locationfront desk staffvery nice hotelredondo beachthe south bay areala area
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I spent a week here. Good service. Nice clean rooms, each with balcony. Interesting people watching. There was a huge crowd there for their fiftieth high school reunion one night. Plus there are lots of flight crews there for Singapore Airlines and Korean.

As far as location, you are trapped in the most generic shopping district I can think of if you do not have a vehicle. I would recommend Santa Monica.

Last thing: The front of the hotel is new and modern. The other three sides are old, motel style lodging with exposed walkways to get to your room. I don't know if those rooms are bad, but I'd stay in the newer part.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel itself has had a face lift-nice furniture, comfy beds and HUGE flat screen TV's. However, there are a few things wrong with the plumbing and phone lines. One day, no phone servie, the next,- waking up to no cold water.

To top it off, hammering could be heard Sunday through Wed during my stay (installing new carpet the floor below.) My question, why do in on the weekend and at night? I awoke to a worker HAMMERING onto a contcrete floor at midnight! I was appalled and cranky!

When I voiced my concern to the managment - the response "Your company pays for your lodging, don't they?" Like somehow, my expectations should be lower because the charges were not out of my own pocket.

I have to say though that the staff in general was very friendly and apologetic. Their genuine concern soothed my agrivation a great deal!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Our stay at this hotel was horrible. The hotel sent me a satisfaction survey after our stay and this is my response to it. This covers everything:

The ceiling in the bathroom filled with water while i was taking a shower and i called careline they sent maintence who quickly came to the room and we were switched to the room next door. I understand that the ceiling had to be fixed but they worked on it all night and it was very loud and i was unable to sleep. When i asked to speak to MANAGER i was told they wouldnt be in until 230pm the next day but i should call and speak to the am manager. When i called i ended up having to speak to 3 diffrent people who kept saying they had to talk to there boss. The last person i spoke to was very rude and wouldnt give us a refund or a decent discount on another stay he actually said "THESE THING HAPPEN". I will not be staying at your hotel again. All that we were given for the inconvience were vouchers for breakfast that i eventually had switched to lunch. I wish i would have never used them. The wait staff in the restaurant was horrible. They took forever to take our orders and then bring the food. And when it came time for us to pay our $4 bill they took the cash and 10 min later we were still waiting for the change for a $20. I got so irritated I went to the register and got the change myself. That dining experience is the only time in my life I havent left a tip. People dont pay that kind of money to stay somewhere they are treated like crap. I would have been better off at Motel 6. Also we were told at check out that there were no charges on our room and everything was taken care of only to later find out it wasnt and my debit card was charged $50 as a preemptive fee that i wasnt old about. The only redeeming quality was when i called the hotel to inquire about it they actually apologized for us not being notified at check in and let me know the money would be refunded in 3 days.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for three days while attending a conference nearby. The hotel provides everything that a business traveler requires. The Saff is helpful, the rooms are clean and quiet and the central location of the hotel is good. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast buffet offered something for everyone, lots of hot food selections, pastries, cold cereals, etc. The room could have been a little bigger for 2 adults and 1 teen, but not a big deal. Clean, comfortable, everything was fine. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends