Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
Agoda.com
$97
$110
Orbitz.com
All reviewsdouble treecookiesexecutive loungethe penthousefire pitbusiness travelerdel amo mallbreakfast buffetfree parkingbusiness triprestaurants and shoppingconvenient locationfront desk staffvery nice hotelredondo beachthe south bay areala area
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A little old, but the people were great and helpful. I had some boxes that I needed to get to my car and the two security guys were so nice and friendly. Only stayed one night, but it was a great location and a good value. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joaelk
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was a one-nighter, one of those desperate, necessary last-minute bookings. Everything was comfortable, clean, and totally perfect in the room. Even the fan/AC unit was easy to control and not too loud. Internet was fine. But the pool was the unexpected joy. If you swim for exercise, you know that most hotel pools are hopeless. Now, this is no 25-yard lap pool, but it's more than 15—long enough to get a few strokes in before you turn. The very nice outdoor spa is an added plus.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Epistemologist
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was a little disappointed this time staying at the Doubletree. I paid for the upgrade and wasn't impressed at all. The bathroom did not have any ventilation, I kept having problem connecting to the internet and I wasn't near the elevator as the info stated I would be with the upgrade. I enjoyed the fitness center, up to date equipment. The hotel is centrally located, lots to do. I will use them again, just had a bad experience this time around. Usually, I have no problems. Don't purchase the upgrade unless you check out the room first to see if it's worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

good hotel..overall good stay. only had a few "challenges." 1. i had a non-smoking room, but when I walked into the room, it smelled of smoke. I went down to desk and they switched it with no problem. 2. in the morning, I went to get a coffee at the cafe, before I left. I arrived at 6 am and it was not open yet. she stated they didn't open until 6:30. If you are a Hotel catering to "business people" you need to serve coffee before 6:30 am. overall great hotel and good stay. bar/rest was awesome!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is the 3rd time I ordered dinner in the bar and I have to say-so good! The service was great and the bartender attentive. I stay at this hotel whenever in the South Bay area-consistent and recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends