“On Par with Marriott” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
San Francisco
“On Par with Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

I stayed here for 2 nights in June because I had business nearby. I was with a coworker, and the room I stayed in was just okay but his room was much nicer on a high floor with a flat-screen TV. My guess is that they are currently in the process of upgrading the rooms since our rooms had a pretty big differential. A little miffed that my status didn't get me a better room but I won't take it too personally.

Stayed June 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Milano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

We have just returned from 3 days at Marriott torrance. The hotel is very beautiful and service is really excellent and we appreciate the tranquility of the hotel.
The room was very clean , beds were conforable , and we enjoed taht after a long travel.
Hotel has a swimming pool and excercise room.
Hotel is convenient located , near LAX apt, and near Redondo and Long beach , in a safe area.
Just one block away you can find Del Amo Mall.
Concierge personal was very friendly and coperative. I've forgotten my personal belongs in the lobby area ( with pasports, money , cc etc ) and they returned to me avoiding to stop my vacation..

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marina Del Rey, Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

Don't stay here unless you work for Lufthansa - my room was not ready as promised. The front desk staff told me that it was too bad, they have a contract with the airlines and the airlines get priority over every other customer.

Once you do get to check-in (be ready to sit in the lobby for three hours) the elevators don't work, you have to call the front desk every time you want to get into your room. Never been to a hotel like this.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — no rooms - rude staff, keys don't work
  • Stayed June 2008
5 Thank cali90210
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

Booked the Marriott for my wedding weekend. After standing in a line for 30 minutes to check-in, they said my room wasn't ready. I was getting married that day, and ended up 45 minutes late to my own wedding! (at least I didn't miss it, can't start without the bride).

Don't book this for anything important.

• Liked — Close to the church
  • Disliked — Everything - this place sucks
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LAgirlz
Harpenden, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

stayed here again in may a couple of times, as per my previous review its functional and in my opinion slightly better than the rebranded (now doubletree) across the road...... The photos on the website however do make things look more glitzy than they are but as somewhere to stay, the rooms are always clean and unlike past experiences across the road at the doubletree, the staff always are willing to help.

beds are comfortable, rooms are ok, but 80s in some of them, the room i had on the concierge level had a new tv in it and a balcony which was nice, but the view isnt that spectacular....

Its an ok place to stay given the choices in the area........compared to say the marriot west india quay in london, i would agree that this is a slightly lower end marriott but its generally ok.

• Liked — free internet in reception, select the ibahn ssid and select free 24 hours :_>
  • Stayed May 2008
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2008

I recently stayed at the Marriott in Torrance South Bay just outside Los Angeles. This was for a business trip, and I wasnt paying for it, so I picked this hotel because it looked the nicest out of the many others in the area. My mistake.

Upon arrival I valeted my car and asked for it to be ready the next a.m at 7:15am. The parking attendent said he would have it ready. Then I proceeded to check in, and also asked that they provide me with a wake up call at 6:30 a.m.

Needless to say, I never did receive the wake up call. Thank goodness I had set the alarm on my blackberry. Then I went to go make myself a pot of coffee...and I noticed the coffee make wasnt working. And that there wasnt a refridgerator in the room either. Annoyed as heck, I left for work , without my coffee or a nice cold glass of want....and low and behold, my car wasnt ready either!!!

When I got back that day and spoke with the manager they assured me it wouldnt happen again.

The next day, I did get the wake up call, but again, car wasnt ready.

The rooms at this Marriott were decent but reminiscent of the early 80's. The beds were comfy...and the bathroom was a good size...but in my opinion not enough to win me over. And the fact that parking was 15 bucks a day, and internet was 9 dollars a day....why bothor??? This hotel sells itself well on the internet but seriously failed to live up to its image. I was completely disapointed and woudlnt reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a nicer expereice. This hotel is more a 2 star, then its advertised 4 star rating. Maybe Im just that one person in a hundred that had a bad experience but....the fact that all they did was give me an extra 5000 marriott points when I complained wasnt enough to satisfy me which is why I feel compelled to give this place such a poor reveiw.

Annoyed as heck, I promplty checked out and checked into the Doubletree Hilton in Torrance. This hotel is 20 dollars cheaper per night, has free parking , has free internet..and is right across the street from the Marriott. The Doubletree Hilton at Torrance is a much better choice if you need to stay in that area.

• Liked — Comfy Beds
  • Disliked — Expensive parking, expensive internet, in room appliances not functioning or not in room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank Jaid96
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

Easy 15 minute drive from LAX - 5 minutes from Redondo, Hermosa and Manahattan Beaches. 45 Min to Hollywood, Disney. The best bed I have ever slept in. Nice pool area and landscaping. The Del Amo Mall next door has everything you could want in the way of shopping, PF Chang's and Ra (Japanese) - we went 3 times it was so good. Torrance is a really nice community - everything seems new. The parking is easy and safe - in and out priveleges with your room key. $13/night standard for LA. If you want to be near the beaches, LAX and in a nice safe area - you can't go wrong with this Marriott.

Stayed March 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
The Redondo Beach Hotel
The Redondo Beach Hotel
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes

Been to Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!