“Great for exploring LA and starting coastal drive”

Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Boston
“Great for exploring LA and starting coastal drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was initially reluctant about staying in a hotel in a such a commercial area, but after flying into LA from Boston with three kids (late at night), and plans to drive up the Pacific Coastal Hwy (Rte. 1), it was great being in a location that made it easy to buy supplies for the trip (e.g., a case of bottled water and snacks), and to purchase items we forgot to bring. Being relatively close to the airport also allowed us to get settled in more quickly after a long flight, and the location was convenient to places we planned to visit, including Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Rancho Palos Verdes, Venice Beach, Santa Monica, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
revpar120, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback and insight of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,
Pam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Roseville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and stayed here for 3 days and were pleased overall with the service and accommodations. Since I am a hotel employee under the Marriott umbrella my critique of the hotel and its decor is a bit more on the "picky" side. Overall, I felt that the maintenance department could have spent more time in making the guestroom keep that "new look" appearance. Bathroom caulking needed some work but was not ugly, also with no exhaust fan in the bathroom to manage the humidity from the shower things were a bit on the humid side. Appearance of the guestroom overall was pretty good though. We had a room with a good size balcony too. the planter ledge did not have a single plant in the tray and was littered with cigarette butts. There was also evidence of bird "visitation" on the ledge as well. The lobby was the main eye catcher for this hotel. Very well decorated and themed. plenty of bellmen to assist you with your bags and valet parking was very well under control, no traffic jams. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. the view is very nice at night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CigarShark2015
revpar120, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Associate/Ambassador or Gentleman of Ritz Carlton (best guess),

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you offered comments while in the building to help correct the problems. I like the vote of confidence at the end. Please let me know the specifics of the room to ensure we are on the same page. Thanks !
Globe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed recently for family visiting, and a family day trip to Disneyland. This hotel really started our stay off well (after a dismal trek up the 405 from San Diego during Friday rush hour to get there). Thankfully a young lady named (Mariann?) who was from Oahu, Hawaii took care of our check in and her helpfulness and kindness made the 405 stress overload go away. I had a gift certificate to apply to part of my stay and she went out of her way to get it in the computer system successfully. I really appreciated all the help she gave me. Another young man whose name I'm sorry we didn't get (he went to high school in our hometown in AZ) he was in brown uniform and always there in the lobby area, always had a smile, and offer of assistance every time we saw him. We used the indoor outdoor pool one day, and found it clean, stocked with towels, and they had two handicapped accessible chair lifts for access to the pool. We didn't need them, but I was impressed to see them...I've not encountered those assists at a hotel pool before. At Mariann's suggestion we did go to the breakfast buffet...it was a super hot buffet including a really impressive omelette station! The wait persons for our table were also over the top in service and help. All in all we really enjoyed our stay at this facility due to the exceptional service personnel. If you forget anything, there is a nice mall across the street, and numerous dining options in the vicinity, in case you don't want to eat at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
revpar120, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and recognition of Marien and the team!! We look forward to welcoming you back again!!
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here last week while traveling on business. My experience began when I checked in at about 11pm. I was greeted and checked-in all in about 60 seconds. This was great since I had to drive here from Ventura and all I wanted to do was get to my room and get settled in. Since I'm a Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, I was upgraded to their concierge level. Breakfast in the concierge lounge was ok, just the usual items. It seemed crowded so I grabbed a cup of coffee and a pastry.

I had to meet a colleague in the morning and the valet had my car within 2 minutes. I told the valet that I was going to be gone for about 30 and if I could re-valet. When I arrived he greeted me by name and asked what time he should have the car ready for me. When I came back down he again greeted me by name and my car was ready to go! Probably the most impressive part of my stay.

The only issue that I had, which is why I did not give an Excellent rating, was that I forgot my garment bag in the room when I checked out. I called the hotel and when I told the attendant that I forgot my bag in the room. She said we'll have it at the bell desk if its still there. Still there? It had only been 30 minutes since I had checked out. Better choice of words would have been more reassuring. I had gone to Catalina Island and I arrived at 7:45pm. I had an 8:55pm flight at LAX and was short on time as it was. When I arrived to the valet, the valet asked me if i was checking in and also asked for my keys. I told him I was just liking something up from the bell desk. He was more worried about my keys than trying to help me get my bag from the bell desk. Not the same service as I had received that morning.

Although the rooms seem dated, it was very clean. The room also had a small balcony which was nice as I left the sliding door open and did not use the AC. It is located directly across from Del Amo Mall. Not sure if that is a good thing, as I remember going to this mall about 10 years ago and thinking it was old then. Doesn't look like much has changed except for an open air shopping area directly across from the hotel. I heard that they are remodeling and a Nordstrom is going in. Maybe it will be worth visiting then.

Overall a great stay and would return if I were to visit the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for a terrifc review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel! Regards.
Orange, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Located next to the Del Amo Fashion Center, the Torrance Marriott Hotel is conveniently located next to a plethora of shopping choices and restaurants. The hotel itself is located on a side street off of the main drag, Hawthorne Boulevard.

Considering the location, parking is somewhat expensive at $15 day, but there is some street parking available.

Upon entering the hotel, the front desk is located to the left. Check-in was smooth and directions to the elevators and hotel amenities were clearly explained.

After entering the hotel, the bathroom is directly to the right. It is fairly spacious, with a shower/tub combo. Water temperature is excellent, but water pressure leaves something to be desired. There is ample counter space as well.

The bedroom is on the larger side, as there is ample space to walk around. There is a small sitting area. The desk is on the smaller side, and work was difficult due to the amount of desk space.

The bed is rather firm, and it felt like sleeping on a rock with a thin covering over it.

The hotel is starting to show signs of age, and could use some new carpet, furniture and a paint job. Although not a luxurious property, it was quiet and good for a short stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheMysteryTraveler
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your positive feedback and comments regarding our service. Our guest rooms are clean and well maintain but I can appreciate your comments regarding the product. We are anticipating a room update in the next year...more to follow!

We hope to welcome you back in the future. Regards.
Torrance, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stay here every year for a 4 day convention. The staff is so accommodating. The hotel has been decorated in a very serene and zen-like atmosphere. The room I stayed in had 2 very comfortable queen beds, a refrigerator, coffee maker with a supply of coffee pods and accessories. There was even a nice robe hanging in the closet. The complimentary toiletries are Bath & Body Works and smell so good. The bedding is plush and soft - I never want to get up! There is a Starbucks in the lobby and the hotel restaurant serves up some nice meals.

The only drawbacks are that you have to pay for parking (but I guess that is common at hotels now), and if you forget anything, the convenience shop is super expensive. Some areas of the hotel are starting to show a little wear, but that is minor.

Location is really great for out of towers as it is right by the mall and restaurant row and taxis sit out front at all times.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Lovely lobby and nice bar. The pool area is great. The gym doesnt have windows so you feel closed in but the equipment is nice. There are a ton of shops and restaurants just a quick 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
The Redondo Beach Hotel
The Redondo Beach Hotel
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina

Been to Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!