“Wonderful and comfortable stay”

Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Traveling with our young children (5 and 7), we were in the South Bay to spend some time with relatives before continuing on to Disneyland. Loved the location on a relatively quiet side street to the busy Hawthorne Blvd and just across from Del Amo shopping center. Had a great room on the 13th floor - overlooking the shopping center. The lobby was beautiful - with a bar and a Starbucks. We didn't eat-in but we did have roomservice breakfast (a tad expensive) and made full use of the indoor/outdoor pool area and enjoyed it tremendously. Being from Oregon, we found it to be very warm and tropical at 10 AM in the morning :-) We have found our place in Torrance for the next time we come by to visit relatives and enjoy what the South Bay has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Torrance Marrio... B, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here one night because we had a sports event nearby. The hotel's interior was very nice. I loved the Starbucks downstairs. We enjoyed the lovely seating area when we had our coffee in the morning. Our room had a nice city view. Overall a very pleasing experience with staff, service, and cleanliness.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Torrance Marrio... B, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for yoor feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've had gold elite membership until now and was usually satisfied with my room and service at this hotel. In fact, thanks to my recommendation other family members have stayed here too when visiting our relatives in PV.

Well, this time, as just a silver elite member, I got a room with a "high price" but a bed so soft I kept waking up with a backache; the pillows in my feather-free room that were usually comfortable were stuffed into the smallest pillow slips this time - it was impossible to sleep on them, compare them to boulders! - ; my room wasn't vacuumed after my first night and the area around my sink hadn't even been wiped. The faucets leaked when you turned on the warm water so the whole area got wet if you washed too long...

I decided not to unpack my computer and just use the business center to print out my boarding card, but the key lock to the center wasn't functioning so went to the front desk to have someone let me in. The man who helped us said that they had been having trouble with it... I'd noticed the lock was already defective when I was here Dec. 30th. Finally when I tried to print my boarding pass, the printer didn't work. So I ran to the front desk again, they sent a technician who didn't have a clue except to say that the printer had been out of order since last week...A young clerk at the front desk -- what a very nice, helpful young woman - apologized and kindly brought me to her front desk computer and we printed everything there. I do thank her; she was a genuinely helpful, nice person. This hotel needs more staff like this well mannered, well spoken young lady! Also must say how friendly and helpful the doormen are.

However, my general feeling is that the management at this hotel is guaranteed so many reservations from the airlines and becasue of the lack of much competition in the area, that many of the stafft don't put out a great effort for occasional, lone travelers.

Everyone else gets the free wireless in their room so why bother with the couple of people who might want to use the business center? Putting up a sign on the printer "Out of order" would have been a courtesy to their guests.

Room Tip: get a high floor. breakfast is good but expensive. parking is expensive too.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paicines

I apologize that we missed the mark on so many levels. We take a tremendous pride in our product and services and anything less than that is unacceptable. I would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Please let me know if this is an option in the future and email me at mhrs.laxtr.dos@marriott.com . Sincerely, Pam Ryan, General Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Friendly staff.
Comfortable and clean rooms.
Parking lot at the hotel.
Good location, restaurants and a mall nearby.
Could have free wifi in the rooms, but it's free only at the lobby.
Expensive at business days.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gustavo F
Torrance Marrio... B, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for the nice review. You spelled it out nicely. We hope you enjoy yourself while staying here!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked the hotel for three nights to attend a funeral. The hotel is well situated close to commercial establishments. Del Amo Mall is across the street. The lobby is nice. The staff were very nice and helpful. We had a two-bed room on the 10th floor, which oversaw the city view. The room was nice and clean, definitely met the quality of Marriott. I made a reservation on the senior rate for $84 per night. You can not find anything so nice with such a rate, even outside LA.

The only negative is you have to pay nightly rate to park your vehicle. Of course, you can park it in the shopping mall parking for free. It only takes a short walk. Also, I does not have designated parking for visitors.

Room Tip: great location, great value
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrwaste

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed for over two weeks on business, leaving mid-Feb 2013. It's an average Marriott in terms of accommodations. The staff was particularly friendly and accommodating - more at the level I'd expect at the Ritz Carlton. Big kudos for that. But they dropped the ball twice when communicating with Engineering on technical problems. Each time, it took two requests to get matters fixed - once in my room, once in a conference room. So I can't give 'em five stars. Oh, and if you need to watch a program on CBS - say the Super Bowl or the Grammys - forget it. Their DirecTV service is a mess, and they don't seem too concerned.

Anyway, for a business trip in the neighborhood or a cheaper place to stay within minutes of Redondo Beach, it's a great value.

Room Tip: Note the "Excellent" Breakfast is for the Concierge Lounge, and is compared to other such...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RobertMichaelW
revpar120, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thanks for the kudos and sorry about the tv issues. We tracked down the root of the problem as your post brought it to full light. Apparently some kind of surge to the power source that caught the engneer off guard.
We take alot of pride in our services, so our team's response was not smart. I hope we get to see you again and make things right. Thanks again for the response.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We are here for a meeting. The hotel is clean, nice amenities. They have a garden to relax in, a nice pool, and nice lobby areas. It is right across from the del amo mall, but the hotel is quiet. There are many restaurants around. Enjoy your stay here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank activeoneCa
revpar120, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working on enhancing our property and looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.