“Great Place with Good location for shopping” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach

Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Arroyo Grande, California
“Great Place with Good location for shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is located next to a large Mall and has plenty of places to eat nearby, the price is mid to high. Lounge area is very large but the bar have very limited seating and can get a bit backed up at times. Rooms are average to small, amenities are the usual for a higher priced hotel. Plenty of special events going on with two weddings and a party for a professional soccer team going on when I was there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
revpar120, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hi Tim,

Thank you for your feedback.

I agree with your comments regarding the seating in the lobby areas and we are taking it to heart!

We've tasked our team to reconfigure the lobby and add seating to seehow we can better accomodate more guests. It's great to be so popular!

We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott Torrance South Bay in mid-January on business. I have stayed here several times in the past and this hotel is one of my favorites in the area. Many of the airlines use this hotel during layovers so there always seems to be some life in the lobby and the accompanying bar.

I stayed in room 1638 this time and the room has sliding doors that open to a small, but nice patio. I always enjoy getting fresh air while I am in the room. The room itself is a typical Marriott style room. Shower pressure was good and the bed was comfortable.

One of the aspects that I enjoy most about this hotel is the outdoor seating available just off both sides of the lobby. It seems to be a trend within the full service Marriott properties to offer space for people to congregate. Its a nice touch. The fitness center is also good size and the hotel is only about 2 miles to the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank creece007
Thank you for the terrific vote of confidence.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future!
Grass Valley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have traveled extensively on business the last decade and frequently stay at Marriott hotels. My wife and I recently stayed at the Torrance facility and were thoroughly impressed with the hotel staff to the point I would say this was the best team of inn keepers I have experienced across the Marriott landscape.

From the minute we arrived, we were met by helpful and courteous bellmen, registration staff, barmen and restaurant wait staff. Every department we encountered was represented by a friendly, upbeat staff member.

Our room and all common areas appeared to have been recently refurbished, providing a pleasing and relaxed atmosphere. The hotel is located next door to major shopping in the DelAmo mall, close to many fine restaurants and near several fine beaches and the beauty of the Palos Verdes headlands. I would recommend the Marriott Torrance to anyone planning a visit to the westside of Los Angeles .

Room Tip: Request a room as high as possible on the south side for interesting view of San Pedro and Palos Ver...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DiverRaub
revpar120, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at your hotel from Nov 29th thru Dec 4th and couldn't have been happier. The staff was all so friendly and helpful. No matter what I needed, your staff took care of me and seemed glad to do it. It was like being taken care of by your family -- family that you actually get along with. In addition to having staff that treated me so well, the room and the amenities were lovely. Having free use of the internet in the Concierge Lounge allowed me to keep up with my email and confirm my flights. The breakfast buffet in the Concierge Lounge had tremendous variety, and was a lovely place to enjoy cake and tea in the evening. I have already started telling people back home about your wonderful hotel, and can't wait to return. I will also let my travel agent know what superior service you provide your guests. A special 'Thank you' to my dearest Odette, Elsa, Jorge, Tanya, Rhoda, Eliza, Sara, Paul, Beth, & Rafael for your true professionalism and great conversation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lewis D
revpar120, General Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We apprecaite your business and look forward to seeing you in 2013!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Torrance Marriott is a very well kept older property. It is a business hotel that appears to cater mostly to expense account customers. We expected to pay extra for parking, but were shocked to have a $12.95 fee quoted for in-room wi fi. There is, however, free wi fi in the lobby, but still such a fee seems archaic. The lobby and the lobby bar was very nice but sometimes cold. The restaurant is open only for breakfast and lunch. Our only complaint besides the wi fi was that housekeeping just draped (not actually folded) our rather thin used towels back on the rack.

We found the service to be excellent and the prices fair for this kind of hotel. We would give the property a half star more but for the above.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pobremio
Thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate the comments and have shared them with the team, specifically in housekeeping
so we can better manage the services. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We are constantly upgrading and enhancing the property and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Bingen am Rhein, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Due to business I´ve been there many times. In the meanwhile it´s like coming home, staff make me feel welcomed all the time. The rooms are comfortable big, sleeping in those bed´s make you feel like never standing up again! The breakfast is great and if you want to enjoy the place at the fire outside, you although can enjoy tasty food or some drinks, you just can relax!
The staff is always friendly and attentive! I really love this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
La Habra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in 1208. Let me get this out of the way, first of all parking is $15. You can drive in and out all day, and it is still 15 for the whole day. Parking is costly, considering there were so many parking stalls in the garage... Your room key is used as your garage parking key. Secondly, we ended up using our points to say here for a night. So expectations might be different from what you might get. Check-in was 4pm, a little late for check-in. The bathroom's air circulator was quite dirty, it might have been broken.

Here's all the pleasant stuff: hip hotel, nice lobby with fast check-in service, there are people from all over here (Dutch and Japan), business and soccer clubs. Such a nice hotel, I kind of expected a spa to be located on the property too! But alas. No spa. The room was nice. Good quiet A/C. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Lots of pillows. Candy giving for the night. On the 12th floor we got to use the concierge lounge, which provided free hot breakfast: boiled eggs, egg burrito, yogurt, milk, cereals, fruits, toasts, bagels, coffee, tea, juices, bacon, sausage, etc. Appetizers starting ~5:30pm cheese, crackers, salads, finger foods, etc. And desserts at 7:30pm. Missed that one, so I can't tell you what was served. Nice service in the lounge, friendly staff, excellent. We said in a room with 2 doubles.

Overall: I'd come back again, when have points to use again :)

• Stayed October 2012