“Disgusting!”

Days Inn Torrance Redondo Beach
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed August 20, 2010

You know when you pull into the parking lot there is nothing good coming from this! We should have heeded this warning and left, but our trip was a SouthWest Airlines Vacation, prepaid and prebooked..............NEVER again! This hotel needs to be demolished, it is dirty, smoked filled (people standing everywhere smoking outside the nonsmoking rooms) falling apart, ac makes loud noises, no parking (parking in the front is reserved only for restaurant business), no elevator for most of the rooms, nonfunctioning TV (had to move 3 times in the first hour to find one that worked) not to mention the fithy dirty rooms and exterior. The rooms have very few electrical outlets (look behind the TV/fridge they are an electrical nightmare, one wonders what keeps this place from burning down) we had to unplug the bed lamp to recharge our camera battery. It looks like the maid service comes in and cleans the middle of the room (half way) and never gives any thought to anything else in the room. Bathroom tiles cracked, toilets don't flush properly. and the list goes on..............Like I said NEVER again! Be advised! If you want cheap remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 5, 2010

DIRTY,DIRTY!!! Should be condemned. Smelled horrrible. Dirty carpet, walls EVERYTHING! Mold in bathroom, stained sheets. Really took away from enjoying my vacation. Good lesson in YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

During my second stay at Days Inn... I was attacked by bed bugs, the floors were filthy and the bedding was dirty. My first stay two months earlier wasn't so bad. If you decide to stay here despite the complaints.. choose your room wisely. For the money its a great location if you happen upon a clean room with no bed bugs...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2010

At arrival warm welcome, quick check in and get overall idea. Room was very clean including towles, sheets, pillows, bed, furnitures, feels like home. Staff is very friendly , knowledgeable and professional. My whole stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I was visiting family for the holidays and happened upon this hotel. The check in process was quick easy and efficient. The gentleman was very nice and there was even a phone call later asking how everything was. The room was nice; we had a small problem with the cable box but it was fixed within 10 min. . Breakfast in the morning was simple but nice. What stuck out the most in this hotel was the positive and cheerful attitude of the staff. Everyone went out of the way to greet you and make you feel at home. They definitely went that extra mile that is overlooked by so many other businesses. This hotel is a reasonable price and I am looking forward to coming again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I stay here several times throughout the year, some for business and some pleasure, as I have alot of friends that live in Redondo Beach and PV. I stay here because of it's location, easy to both cities. I have been coming here for about 5 years now, I stayed in the beginning because all I needed was a place to sleep and shower. I could have cared less about the rest, but I must say, thinking back it was pretty bad. Over the past year I have seen such major changes, rooms are being renovated, there have been changes in the staff that now it seems as though they really care. I had my daughter and her friends with me for a weekend and I told the staff when I made reservations, when we walked into the room, we had extra towels, extra shampoo, etc. and even a call from the front desk to see if evrything was ok or if we needed anything. I have stayed at 4 star hotels that don't even do this. Some of the rooms have seen better days, but with the economy the way it is, the owners and staff are doing their best to make things better. Even just a year ago I was paying $30 more a night for the same room, I don't know how they are doing it. I will say the staff makes up for short comings in other areas, this goes from the front desk, night auditor, housekeeping, maint. and the managers! Give this place a chance, you will be glad you did!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank trvl4fun38
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Went to several locations around the area looking for a cheap room. Had been to the days inn before but didn't like it much. After calling several places we were left with few options because of our budget, so we decided to give them another chance. Nothing in the room looked like it was brand new, but for the price we paid it's not like we were expecting a marriott. We actually spent less than HALF what we would have at a marriott.

Staff was great, seemed to make up for the dated furniture, and the place seemed really quiet. Towels and bedsheets were clean and we didnt see any bugs. We looked too after reading the last review on this place. The only reason I felt compelled to write a review is because I noticed the difference in service and cleanliness. We also noticed they had a new manager from the time we were the before. Great guy, talked with him during breakfast. OH! and they have tables now for breakfast! Before they only had one table with four chairs. Now there are 4 tables, 4 chairs each. Much nicer.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Howard Johnson Torrance
Ramada Torrance
Ramada Torrance
#15 of 20 in Torrance
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.
3 mi away
Staybridge Suites Torrance

Been to Days Inn Torrance Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!