“Disgusting!!!”

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Disgusting!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2010

DIRTY,DIRTY!!! Should be condemned. Smelled horrrible. Dirty carpet, walls EVERYTHING! Mold in bathroom, stained sheets. Really took away from enjoying my vacation. Good lesson in YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Modesto, California
Reviewed August 3, 2010

During my second stay at Days Inn... I was attacked by bed bugs, the floors were filthy and the bedding was dirty. My first stay two months earlier wasn't so bad. If you decide to stay here despite the complaints.. choose your room wisely. For the money its a great location if you happen upon a clean room with no bed bugs...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Torrance hotels

hollywood
Reviewed January 25, 2010

At arrival warm welcome, quick check in and get overall idea. Room was very clean including towles, sheets, pillows, bed, furnitures, feels like home. Staff is very friendly , knowledgeable and professional. My whole stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Grants Pass, OR
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I was visiting family for the holidays and happened upon this hotel. The check in process was quick easy and efficient. The gentleman was very nice and there was even a phone call later asking how everything was. The room was nice; we had a small problem with the cable box but it was fixed within 10 min. . Breakfast in the morning was simple but nice. What stuck out the most in this hotel was the positive and cheerful attitude of the staff. Everyone went out of the way to greet you and make you feel at home. They definitely went that extra mile that is overlooked by so many other businesses. This hotel is a reasonable price and I am looking forward to coming again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I stay here several times throughout the year, some for business and some pleasure, as I have alot of friends that live in Redondo Beach and PV. I stay here because of it's location, easy to both cities. I have been coming here for about 5 years now, I stayed in the beginning because all I needed was a place to sleep and shower. I could have cared less about the rest, but I must say, thinking back it was pretty bad. Over the past year I have seen such major changes, rooms are being renovated, there have been changes in the staff that now it seems as though they really care. I had my daughter and her friends with me for a weekend and I told the staff when I made reservations, when we walked into the room, we had extra towels, extra shampoo, etc. and even a call from the front desk to see if evrything was ok or if we needed anything. I have stayed at 4 star hotels that don't even do this. Some of the rooms have seen better days, but with the economy the way it is, the owners and staff are doing their best to make things better. Even just a year ago I was paying $30 more a night for the same room, I don't know how they are doing it. I will say the staff makes up for short comings in other areas, this goes from the front desk, night auditor, housekeeping, maint. and the managers! Give this place a chance, you will be glad you did!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank trvl4fun38
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Went to several locations around the area looking for a cheap room. Had been to the days inn before but didn't like it much. After calling several places we were left with few options because of our budget, so we decided to give them another chance. Nothing in the room looked like it was brand new, but for the price we paid it's not like we were expecting a marriott. We actually spent less than HALF what we would have at a marriott.

Staff was great, seemed to make up for the dated furniture, and the place seemed really quiet. Towels and bedsheets were clean and we didnt see any bugs. We looked too after reading the last review on this place. The only reason I felt compelled to write a review is because I noticed the difference in service and cleanliness. We also noticed they had a new manager from the time we were the before. Great guy, talked with him during breakfast. OH! and they have tables now for breakfast! Before they only had one table with four chairs. Now there are 4 tables, 4 chairs each. Much nicer.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This motel is located on the Pacific Coast Highway in Torrance, very close to many sights in Palos Verdes and Redondo Beach. My family picked this place to stay based on location and price. The 3 rooms we rented had 2 double beds, cable TV, a microwave and small fridge..adequate for a two day stay. There were also many places to shop and eat within walking distance. MY complaint didn't materialize until a couple of days after checking out when my daughter started complaining of bug bites appearing on her body, then her husband had the same complaint...then a few days later I started scratching..definitely bed bugs in 2 of our 3 rooms...(I actually had a doctor look at my bites because of the severity of my allergic reaction.) I called the motel to inform them, and the manager's response was " we don't have bed bugs, we have cockroaches", (like that's better?) Anyway, after I mentioned my doctor visit, he admitted they have a special light to check for the nasty critters as they only come out in the dark. If not for the bed bugs, I probably wouldn't have bothered to write a review because this motel is otherwise unmemorable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Ramada Torrance
Eldorado Inn & Suites
Eldorado Inn & Suites
#17 of 20 in Torrance
Best Western Plus Avita Suites

Been to Days Inn Torrance Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!