“Handy location for beach and sightseeing, nice breakfast, clean but fittings a bit tired”

Days Inn Torrance Redondo Beach
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
London, England
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This hotel is situated about 2 miles from Redondo Beach and we also found it nicely placed for coming from the airport and driving into LA for sightseeing (Getty Museum about 30-35 mins). The rooms had 2 queen sized beds plus TV, coffee machine, fridge and microwave. They seemed clean, although the decor obviously hasn't been done in a while, so bits were a little tired. But everything worked. The wi-fi was a bit slow, but that may have been our antique machine rather than the hotel's fault. The walls are a little on the thin side, but on the whole the place was quiet and we weren't woken up at 3am by any mad partying.
Breakfast was included and available from reception. On offer were doughnuts, bagels, bread, cereals, jams, cream cheese, fruit juice, tea and coffee and fruit. All was fresh and tasty. Better to get there on the early side, as there aren't many seats in the eating area, although you are more than welcome to take stuff back to your room. All in all we found it fine as a place to rest your head after a day's sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My mom and I were having some remodeling work done on our house. Budget constraints and having dogs caused us to have to stay at the Days Inn. A nightmare from the moment we arrived. Although the check in time was listed as 2pm, we were not allowed into the room until 3pm because it "had to be cleaned".

Our definition of clean however appears to be vastly different then theirs. The bathroom and kitchenette floors were both sticky. Fixtures and tables were dust filled and the carpet was disgusting.

Then their were the problems with the room.... one of the TV's didn;t work, one of the heaters didnt; work, the bathroom shower was broken and the bathroom door did not shut completely. All were eventually resolved ,but when I had to speak to the manager, SHAHI CHOWDHURY about the trash that had not been emptied in two days (I was out of places to dispose of because the trash dumpster was full as well), his response was the following:

"Well, if you don;t like it here than leave" and "you have called ten times for the same thing" (we called once for each issue). When I tried to calmly speak to him about the issues, he kept talking over me and repeating his "mantra", "if you dont like here, than leave".

I asked him if he thought having the repairs made were unrealistic expectations on our part. Again, he did not take any ownership and instead placed all the blame on us as being "complainers". He also demanded that we write him a letter of apology in order to stay. He stated: "If I do not receive a letter of apology, than you are out of here by 12 o clock today". We were forced to comply because we could not make other arrangements at such late notice.

For $20 more per night, we could have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Torrance which has excellent customer reviews. Too bad my mom is retired and I am unemployed. We payed the ultimate price for being cash strapped.

BOYCOTT Days Inn, safe yourself the grief.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mmarley1

Travelers are raving about these Torrance hotels

Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed March 2, 2011

For the area (which is good), this is about as little as you can pay, so that should tell you something right there. I don't remember being grossed out or feeling ripped off, so I consider that a victory. It wasn't the disaster others have experienced, but you wouldn't call it great. I stayed in the tower part, above some rooms that are used for offices or events or something. I was there on New Year's Eve, and they had rented one of the rooms in the tower to a group for a party that was extremely loud and went on for quite some after midnight - no warning to guests at all. That's the level of concern they have for their customers here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Lancaster, California
Reviewed January 11, 2011

we booked for two weeks dirty dirty nasty,after complaint moved to another room,never again this is the nasteyest place ever and staff sucks wish i could post the pics hundreds of cockroachs,cockroach urine and poo,maid did not come on some days and carpet dirty,oven did not work,this place needs to be torn down

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Baywood Park, California
Reviewed December 16, 2010

Only two things going for it - cheap and pet friendly. Not necessarily human friendly - rude service, lousy internet service (weird codes changing daily) - decrepit rooms
The only thing going for it? It is located on same property as a terrific Indian restaurant - first rate!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Point Reyes Station, California
Reviewed October 14, 2010

The only thing that might have made it worse on my part was that I brought my dog along so I assumed that is why I got one of the worser rooms. But I passed by the rooms next to me peeking inside and they seemed much cleaner. My room was a suite that smelled of pee and stale cigarette smoke even though it was a smoke free room. The walls were stained the carpets seemed clean but made the bottom of your feet filthy. Also the bathroom was full of mold and stains I still shiver about. You get what you pay for in this hotel. Just wish we could have picked out a better room. Would never want to go there again. I think I lost weight because I couldn't even eat in there for the 2 week stay. Loved the pool though.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Yorktown Heights
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I was a liitle nervous about staying at this hotel,because it got mixed reviews. But I was pleasantly surprised,the staff was very friendly and the location was great. the hotel was just a couple of miles from the beach ,and there was a great pancake house a couple of blocks away. My husband and I normally dont eat breakfast,but the food was amazing and reasonable we kept going back.
Another plus to the hotel was its convenient location to L.A it was very easy to get around. I must also say,the satff came right away when I called about a problem with the T.V
Only downfall is the hotel need a definite updating.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Ramada Torrance
Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn
Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Super 8 Torrance LAX Airport Area
Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay

Been to Days Inn Torrance Redondo Beach? Share your experiences!