My family and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in May 2011. The hotel seems to have been recently renovated and/or redone. It looks very modern and clean. The decor is welcoming and the staff friendly. The hotel is located in a commercial district and is surrounded by office buildings. There is not much to do around the hotel with little kids. However Redondo Beach and it's cute downtown are quite close by (15-min. drive).
Some of the folks complained about the noise from 405. I would definitely recommend calling the hotel ahead of time and asking for a room away from the freeway. We got a room facing the pool and noise was not a factor.
The hotel has a bistro on-site which offers the usual breakfast menu and a condensed Starbucks menu. We got a package from the hotel which offered breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children for $10. That was a real good deal! The breakfast was hearty and kept us going till late afternoon. There are little booths with their own TV where you can have breakfast in the lobby. My kids loved that! They were watching Spongebob while having breakfast - a vacation treat!
One of the days we went to the pool. It seemed to be a heated pool as the temperature was definitely warmer than the day! In either case it didnt matter to the kids, they jumped in and had a blast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit the Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay and experience stylish and convenient accommodations in South Bay near downtown Los Angeles and LAX airport. Our Torrance hotel has an ideal location, putting guests in the middle of a variety of Southern California attractions including Hermosa Beach, StubHub Center, Queen Mary and the U.S. headquarters of Honda and Toyota. Enjoy our South Bay hotel's high-tech lobby featuring flexible space to work and relax, free Wi-Fi and easy access to up-to-date news, weather and local information via our GoBoard. The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. allows guests to enjoy a variety of healthy breakfast and dinner options without having to leave the hotel. Smartly redesigned rooms at this hotel provide the optimal mix of relaxation and flexible functionality with free Wi-Fi. When downtime arises, take a dip in our pool or stay in stride at our on-site fitness center. Whether for work or play, come experience the convenience of our South Bay hotel with free parking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay Hotel Torrance
- Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance
- Courtyard Torrance
- Torrance Marriott
- Torrance Courtyard