“Clean, Comfortable and Convenient!”

Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Sunny California
“Clean, Comfortable and Convenient!”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in May 2011. The hotel seems to have been recently renovated and/or redone. It looks very modern and clean. The decor is welcoming and the staff friendly. The hotel is located in a commercial district and is surrounded by office buildings. There is not much to do around the hotel with little kids. However Redondo Beach and it's cute downtown are quite close by (15-min. drive).
Some of the folks complained about the noise from 405. I would definitely recommend calling the hotel ahead of time and asking for a room away from the freeway. We got a room facing the pool and noise was not a factor.
The hotel has a bistro on-site which offers the usual breakfast menu and a condensed Starbucks menu. We got a package from the hotel which offered breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children for $10. That was a real good deal! The breakfast was hearty and kept us going till late afternoon. There are little booths with their own TV where you can have breakfast in the lobby. My kids loved that! They were watching Spongebob while having breakfast - a vacation treat!
One of the days we went to the pool. It seemed to be a heated pool as the temperature was definitely warmer than the day! In either case it didnt matter to the kids, they jumped in and had a blast!

Room Tip: Check hotel website for package deals
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank svc1785

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I have been to this hotel numerous of times over the last decade. This was probaly my fist time visiting in the last year. I was suprised to see that they had remolded the lobby. Everything was beautiful and modern. The staff was nice. The room was clean and comfortable. As always the price was reasonable. This place is simple but lovely. If you are looking for a nice quiet place that is not over the top, this is the place for you. It is in a nice location. It is really close to the 405 freeway. It is near a walmart and lots of fast food eating places. There is also a restaurant at the hotel, but in all the times I have been there I don't think I have ever eaten there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I went with my teenager kid and fiance and we had a lovely time. Although it wasn't summer yet, we managed to jump in the pool and hot tub. It has a lovely gym and it's a very clean hotel! The food was good to grab a bite and go! The location is good too because it is close to 405 and 110! We are definitely going back to his hotel and the people are very friendly. I can't complain about this place being dirty because it wasn't!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 17, 2010

This place looks like a war zone with construction crews working hard to make for a completely new look by the beginning of the year. Drywall spatter & dust permeate the stairwells (do you think they could limit it to just one stairwell?), they don't even give you a channel guide for the tv, and despite the large flat panel tv set there is no digital channels (all analog) so it still comes in fuzzy like say 1980. you have to walk outside thru the courtyard (even in bad weather) to get to the lobby or temporary breakfast area (a converted meeting room that can fill up quickly during the morning rush). The back stairwell doors are propped open to accommodate the workers (I presume); so much for feeling safe. Internet is fairly stable (and thankfully free) but it has gone out on me intermittently and I had to reconnect. I missed my wake up alarm because I couldn't figure out how to set the clock, and I've done this a time or two so I'm no rookie. If you like to swim I'd be careful - not sure I'd go in that water.

All that said, the bed is thankfully very clean and no sign of bugs which are my two main concerns. Other than all this - a courtyard is a courtyard so you pretty much know what you are getting.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I had done some shopping prior to check in, and I left the bag in the room with receipts still inside. On the second day, after returning to the hotel, the bags were gone. The hotel did not place a very high priority on this situation and absolutely no customer service to speak of. The hotel did a key card investigation but the only access to my room was done by the housekeeper. They reviewed security tapes as well and it turs out this was inconclusive. Apparently the housekeeping staff did not take the bag and that was the final conclusion from the hotel. I know that my bag did not walk out of the room on it's own. The hotel filed a claim with the insurance agency however, due to the fact that this has never happened at this hotel, my claim was denied as I assumed it would. Do not stay here if you want to keep your belongings.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Spring, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Booked reservation on Marriott.com 10 days prior to arrival.

Check-in was fast and easy. After reading other complaints about freeway noise, I asked for an interior room and the clerk had already assigned me a room overlooking the pool. Except for a neighbor who played the TV a bit loud, the hotel overall was rather quiet. Room was clean and all the amenities worked. Free parking with many spaces next to building exits. Paid $71 a night and would have been thrilled if I got it via Priceline for less than that. All in all, a nice place and one I'd definitely stay at again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I've stayed here several times since 2006 when I worked as a consultant for Toyota. Yes, the hotel is right next to the 405, but I never once noticed noise problems, and I stayed in several rooms over the years. This hotel is very easy to get to from LAX, and is a short drive to the beach communities and downtown LA. The staff is incredibly friendly, but it can take a while for them to respond to problems. Had a room with a constantly running toilet and it took them 2 hours to get somebody up there. Otherwise, I can't recommend a hotel in the area more highly.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled solo