Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Good stay”
Reviewed February 24, 2007

I will start by saying the room was spacious. The vanity area was small but the room made up for that. Very nice location. I could tell the hotel took pride in the landscaping which was very good. The location is excellent. Anything that you want is within 5 miles i.e; banking, shopping, eating , etc. This hotel offers a breakfast buffet daily for $12.95 per day. We only ate their one time because it was complimentary for one day because housekeeping forgot to clean our room. So the three of us received breakfast for free. There were a couple of bad points but the good ones out weighed the bad ones. One bad point was that we had a room on the first floor so whenever someone had the room above us we could hear every step that they took. which became annoying. Will never book a room on the first floor again. The beds are very, very, very comfortable. The only reason why I would not use this hotel again is because it is south of the city and everything that we did was on the north side (Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Inglewood, Downtown L.A.) of the city. On the average you are looking at a 30 min. drive without traffic. Out of the five days that we were there, we experienced traffic 1 time on the freeway. That was when we were leaving Downtown L.A. on the 101 south heading back to Torrance but the carpool lane really helped out with that. The hotel is located about 3-5 miles from Del Amo Mall which is a bigger than it looks. I highly recommend trying Lucille's. It is B.B King's restaurant which is on Hawthorne Blvd about 1-2 miles north of Del Amo Mall. Just passed Barnes and Nodles if travelling northbound. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. If you do not like Del Amo Mall, there is another mall about 3 miles north on the opposite side of Hawthorne Blvd that is about the same size as Del Amo if not bigger. If I remember correctly I think the name of it is the South Bay Galleria.

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank jazz2591

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Stockton, CA
Reviewed August 24, 2006

We made a late summer trip with the kids the final weekend before school started. This was a very nice hotel. Our hotel reservation included breakfast for 4. As with the previous post, if you have to pay for the breakfast, it is quite expensive. However, to have it included into the price of the hotel was very convenient. There were eggs, omelets, breakfast meats, potatoes, waffles, fruit, yogurt, breads, muffins, and juices.

Service at the hotel was very good. Any requests we had were handled quickly and efficiently.

Minor complaints...I booked a room for 4 and there were 3 sets of towels in the room. I had to ask for extra towels 2 out of 4 nights. My kids were a little annoyed that there were no children-oriented television channels available (Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon).

Pool was very nice. Water temperature was warm but not too hot.

The laundry room provides complimentary detergent. A very nice touch.

Overall, we enjoyed ourselves immensely. We look forward to a return in the future.

• Liked — Quiet location
  • Tips/Secrets — If breakfast is not included in your room rate, go elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank swirlinabc
Torrance, California
Reviewed August 11, 2006

My wife and I stayed here one weeknight in July 2006. The room was very nice with modern furnishings. We paid $170, which we thought was a little high, but the room we had on the first floor was extremely quiet. The bed was a bit hard for my wife, but I like a firm bed - so I had no issues with it. the A/C was excellent, and had a constant hum - unlike many A/C that cycle on and off. There is a pool and fitness center available.

One suggestion is to stay away from the breakfast buffet. It's too expensive (about $12) , and there is a fantastic King's Hawaiian Bakery/Restaurant about 1 block west (easily within walking distance) on Crenshaw Blvd where you can get a wonderful Hawaiian style meal (or standard American breakfast) for less than $10.

Our only complaint is that they offer free high speed Internet access. What they don't tell you is that its only available if your laptop has a built-in ethernet port. Ours didn't, and they no longer support USB access, and do not have spare ethernet cards (like the room card states).

• Disliked — Breakfast buffet too expensive for the food offerings.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank orbops
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 7, 2005

This stay was from 11/4/05 to 11/7/05:

Very clean, large rooms with large bathrooms, new beds, pillows and linens, very friendly and helpful staff, and a safe, central location near resturants and shopping.

PERFECT!

• Stayed November 2005
san diego
Reviewed April 5, 2005

My family and I stayed at this Courtyard, and I was somewhat disappointed. The rooms seemed clean and well maintained, but it was very noisy. Apparently there was a group of men who were part of a bachelor party staying at the hotel. They were a well behaved bunch, but there was a lot of traffic in the hallway all night long. They really were not loud, but I could understand every word they said--even when they were in the room next door! Again, they were NOT loud and rowdy. The walls were very thin!

We had also asked for two connecting rooms and they were not able to accomodate us when we got there. I think they should have been able to tell us this when we booked the rooms. I would probably have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2005
1 Thank nchamp
Bellevue
Reviewed April 2, 2005

Stayed there twice in the past week on weekends. This Courtyard was renovated two months ago - all the rooms are clean and new. The pool is great, and the courtyard is really that: gazebo, Palm trees, great pool. The breakfast buffet is outstanding as well, with the best waffles I've tried.

• Stayed March 2005
1 Thank archippus
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 20, 2004

This review relects a stay at the hotel back in December 2003--on the nights of December 5, 6, and 7, 2003.

My stay was for leisure. I paid $69.00/night under a special Marriott Rewards member-only rate (promotion code M11 if you are booking online at ----------------). This rate includes a standard guest room and full hot breakfast buffets for 2 adults each morning of your stay. Parking is free at the hotel and plentiful. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful.

The hotel has very attractive public areas (lobby and exterior) and the guest rooms are pleasing. It's not a luxuriously appointed, but you will definitely not be disappointed--the rooms are very clean and tastefully decorated. Very well suited to business or leisure travel. There is also free in-room high speed internet that you can use if you have a laptop; otherwise you can use the guest internet station in the lobby for a steep price--$0.49/minute.

The hotel does not have quick access to the I-405 San Diego Freeway as it is located deep into the South Bay area (on Sepulveda Blvd. near Crenshaw Blvd.), but there are many services in the surrounding area. The hotel is located near the Plaza Del Amo shopping mall. Many good restaurants (such as Claim Jumper and Olive Garden), stores (aside from the mall, there is Costco, Ralphs, Target, Tower Records), business services (Kinkos) and gas stations are nearby.

The spread at breakfast was good; there were fried potatoes, different kinds of eggs (scrambled, spanish-style scrambled), fajitas, sausage, bacon and different kinds of breads and pastries. There was no waffle station--you had to request it from the staff. Unfortunately, some of the breads I had on the first morning were moldy... and I didn't discover this until after my second bite. I brought this to the attendant's attention. I wasn't offered any explanation or compensation; just a quick apology. Nonetheless, the restaurant does post a Grade A placard from Los Angeles County Environmental Health Services, so hopefully this is an exception and not the rule.

In spite of the moldy bread, I still give Courtyard 5/5 for the excellent value I received.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member