“Place to Sleep while visiting relatives”

Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
West Coast USA
“Place to Sleep while visiting relatives”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Second time staying here. Easy check in. Rooms above average. We weren't there much. Towel were very rough, felt like I was drying off with a Loofah. Internet work well. Make sure you put "do not disturb " sign out. Housekeeping was knocking on our door at 8:15a on Thanksgiving morning woke us up.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Convenient location just out of LA. Perfect for driving to Venice, Malibu, Santa Monica. Free parking is a plus. No breakfast was included. The staff was very helpful. Comfortable beds. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Although this is a typical Courtyard, it's two stars comes from its housekeeping (or lack thereof). When I checked into my room for a one night stay after a long flight, I started unpacking. When I when to get in the shower, I noticed the former guest's used bar of soap and empty shampoo bottle. This made me question the other 'housekeeping' areas that had also been neglected. Although by this time, I was too tired to contact the front desk.
On a positive note, the staff at the desk was very friendly when I checked in and the rewards for being a Platimun member within Marriott rewards was very nice (I got a Hershey's chocolate bar and free Starbucks item at the Bistro).
Unfortunately, I can't comment on much else, as I arrived late and left early, so I didn't check out any of the hotels amenities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Coatesville, PA
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The facilities of this hotel were very good, comfortable and clean. The setting was very good for us as we were not too far from my grandchildren ... and there were decent restaurants nearby. These were needed because breakfast was not included. I recommend staying there ... but with the following caution.
We were there 10 days and I made the reservation based on information on TripAdvisor. The daily rate was $160 (round numbers) but I applied for a senior discount, which would bring that down to 144 per day. When we checked out, the invoice given to me included the senior discount rate for the first day only! We were billed about 152 for each of the following 9 days. I called the hotel when we got home a week later and was told that since I made the reservation through a "travel agency", Marriott was not able to correct the situation. The net result was a bill that was about $86 higher than expected.
In summary, I do not recall using an agent to make the reservation since I went directly to the Marriott site from the TripAdvisor listing. I asked them what alleged agency was responsible for the billing and they could not tell me. I don't believe I would agree to a discount for only the first day out of ten. If that did happen, I believe that someone on receiving end would certainly catch it as a possible typo ... and, if ethical, make the correction.
In summary, during our 30-day, 7300- mile coast-to coast, driving tour, the was the ONLY time the above was encountered. We stayed at other famous hotel chains ... Drury, Hampton and DoubleTree ... and several independant hotels without any problems regarding reservations or billing.

Room Tip: I should add the saying "buyer beware" when dealing with this hotel. I suggest that Marri...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BikeLike
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The rooms are nice and very comfortable. The location is very good, just across the street from the mall with lots of restaurants nearby. It is a hotel to recommend, good for families and business travelers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. These reviews are very important as they are what other traveler's use as a guide when choosing where they will stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will visit us again the next time you're in town.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We only stayed for 1 night. The room was clean and comfortable. It's not that close to the airport as i thought but it is very close to a big shopping mall. I would recommend this to friends and family. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I'm glad that you had an opportunity to stay here with us at the Torrance Palos Verdes Courtyard and when you did, even though it was only for 1 night, you were able to enjoy yourself in our clean and comfortable Hotel. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here for a short trip to LA (only one night). I always stay at Marriott because their Rewards Program is awesome. I'm a Platinum member and they treat you right. This hotel is pretty standard, not amazing and certainly not lame. As with all Courtyards, breakfast is not included but it's still nice. Most importantly, it was super clean and neat. The bed was comfortable as always so that make for a nice stay. Free internet would be nice but I wasn't there long enough to use it.

I recommend this hotel and would stay here again...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
My name is David Zimmerman and I am the General Manager here at the Torrance Palos Verdes Courtyard. It makes me very proud that you had such a wonderful stay with us and I would like to sincerely thank you for filling out this review.

Marriott prides itself with being a leader in providing the best guest service possible and something we here at the Torrance Palos Verdes Courtyard strive for every day. We appreciate that there are other options when you travel but as a Platinum Reward member choose Marriott time and time again because of our hospitality and consistency. We hope that you decide to stay with us again during your next trip to Los Angeles. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.