The facilities of this hotel were very good, comfortable and clean. The setting was very good for us as we were not too far from my grandchildren ... and there were decent restaurants nearby. These were needed because breakfast was not included. I recommend staying there ... but with the following caution.
We were there 10 days and I made the reservation based on information on TripAdvisor. The daily rate was $160 (round numbers) but I applied for a senior discount, which would bring that down to 144 per day. When we checked out, the invoice given to me included the senior discount rate for the first day only! We were billed about 152 for each of the following 9 days. I called the hotel when we got home a week later and was told that since I made the reservation through a "travel agency", Marriott was not able to correct the situation. The net result was a bill that was about $86 higher than expected.
In summary, I do not recall using an agent to make the reservation since I went directly to the Marriott site from the TripAdvisor listing. I asked them what alleged agency was responsible for the billing and they could not tell me. I don't believe I would agree to a discount for only the first day out of ten. If that did happen, I believe that someone on receiving end would certainly catch it as a possible typo ... and, if ethical, make the correction.
In summary, during our 30-day, 7300- mile coast-to coast, driving tour, the was the ONLY time the above was encountered. We stayed at other famous hotel chains ... Drury, Hampton and DoubleTree ... and several independant hotels without any problems regarding reservations or billing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Torrance/Palos Verdes boasts a state-of-the-art lobby which provides greater choices with flexible spaces to work or relax in, complimentary Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news and weather conditions via our GoBoard(R). A great place for breakfast or happy hour in Torrance, the hotel's modern lobby has The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.(R) which serves healthy food and beverages in the morning, including Starbucks(R) coffee and evening dinner service with cocktails. Enjoy luxurious bedding in newly renovated guest rooms with balconies, 37" LCD HDTV's, mini-refrigerators and complimentary high-speed internet. The hotel also features two meeting rooms, self-service laundry facility, outdoor pool, fitness center and complimentary on-site parking. Located in Torrance California, we are conveniently located just blocks from Del Amo Fashion Center Mall and near the Long Beach Cruise Terminal, downtown Redondo Beach and the gorgeous LA views from the Palos Verdes cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Marriott, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes Hotel Torrance
- Courtyard Torrance
- Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance
- Torrance Courtyard
- Torrance Marriott