“Check Your Invoice!”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Coatesville, PA
“Check Your Invoice!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The facilities of this hotel were very good, comfortable and clean. The setting was very good for us as we were not too far from my grandchildren ... and there were decent restaurants nearby. These were needed because breakfast was not included. I recommend staying there ... but with the following caution.
We were there 10 days and I made the reservation based on information on TripAdvisor. The daily rate was $160 (round numbers) but I applied for a senior discount, which would bring that down to 144 per day. When we checked out, the invoice given to me included the senior discount rate for the first day only! We were billed about 152 for each of the following 9 days. I called the hotel when we got home a week later and was told that since I made the reservation through a "travel agency", Marriott was not able to correct the situation. The net result was a bill that was about $86 higher than expected.
In summary, I do not recall using an agent to make the reservation since I went directly to the Marriott site from the TripAdvisor listing. I asked them what alleged agency was responsible for the billing and they could not tell me. I don't believe I would agree to a discount for only the first day out of ten. If that did happen, I believe that someone on receiving end would certainly catch it as a possible typo ... and, if ethical, make the correction.
In summary, during our 30-day, 7300- mile coast-to coast, driving tour, the was the ONLY time the above was encountered. We stayed at other famous hotel chains ... Drury, Hampton and DoubleTree ... and several independant hotels without any problems regarding reservations or billing.

Room Tip: I should add the saying "buyer beware" when dealing with this hotel. I suggest that Marri...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BikeLike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The rooms are nice and very comfortable. The location is very good, just across the street from the mall with lots of restaurants nearby. It is a hotel to recommend, good for families and business travelers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review. These reviews are very important as they are what other traveler's use as a guide when choosing where they will stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will visit us again the next time you're in town.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We only stayed for 1 night. The room was clean and comfortable. It's not that close to the airport as i thought but it is very close to a big shopping mall. I would recommend this to friends and family. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I'm glad that you had an opportunity to stay here with us at the Torrance Palos Verdes Courtyard and when you did, even though it was only for 1 night, you were able to enjoy yourself in our clean and comfortable Hotel. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here for a short trip to LA (only one night). I always stay at Marriott because their Rewards Program is awesome. I'm a Platinum member and they treat you right. This hotel is pretty standard, not amazing and certainly not lame. As with all Courtyards, breakfast is not included but it's still nice. Most importantly, it was super clean and neat. The bed was comfortable as always so that make for a nice stay. Free internet would be nice but I wasn't there long enough to use it.

I recommend this hotel and would stay here again...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
My name is David Zimmerman and I am the General Manager here at the Torrance Palos Verdes Courtyard. It makes me very proud that you had such a wonderful stay with us and I would like to sincerely thank you for filling out this review.

Marriott prides itself with being a leader in providing the best guest service possible and something we here at the Torrance Palos Verdes Courtyard strive for every day. We appreciate that there are other options when you travel but as a Platinum Reward member choose Marriott time and time again because of our hospitality and consistency. We hope that you decide to stay with us again during your next trip to Los Angeles. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Torrance is known to be a city with lots of Japanese restaurants. There are many sushi bars in the area. We arrived the hotel late night, and saw three gas stations and small plazas along the way.

The hotel restaurant closes at 10 pm. We had quesadilla and sandwiches there. The quality of the food was good. The next day, we had breakfast there. The portion was big and the food was good, too.

The room was clean and tidy. The stay was quiet. There was a small fridge in the room. The room also came with Starbucks coffee and a coffee machine. The bed was comfortable. Wifi was pretty fast. Somehow phone reception was not v good in the room. We were unable to load emails with the phone.

Overall, it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013
CYTORRANCE, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you were able to enjoy a variety of restaurants as our cuisine here in Torrance is very diverse. Our Bistro stays open late to accomodate all of our guest so I'm glad that you were to enjoy dinner as well as breakfast. I'm sorry that you had difficulty using the email on your phone, however, we do have a business center that is open 24 hours where our guests can easily access their email, internet and print. I hope the next time you visit Torrance, you'll remember your wonderful stay and come back to see us.
Stockholm
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I like Marriott. Even though the hotels are standardized and on the brink of boring you know what you get for your money. Courtyard in Torrance is no exception. Friendly staff and clean. The cost cutting has gone a bit far though - it was very short on amenities (shampoo etc) and this charging of broadband wireless...give me a break..it's 2013 and internet should be treated as running water - nothing to charge extra for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We returned for our grandsons birthday and baptism. It has not changed at all. Still an excellent value. Good that we had reservations, since it was quite full. Service very good. We needed a last minute room for our older son, but they squeezed him in. Good breakfasts. I recommend the oatmeal. Liitle cool during our stay this time, but we checked out the nice pool. Others were using it, not us.
An excellent value for most travelers, close to all sorts of shops.

• Stayed June 2013