“A Dining Experience”

Aliotta's Via Firenze
Reserve with OpenTable
Aliotta's Via Firenze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 533 Restaurants in Torrance
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: ANZA AVE
Transit: Torrance Blvd
Description: ORDER food Online from our website - Powered By Clorder. Please relax, have a glass of wine and enjoy your fine dining experience at Aliottas Via Firenze while we prepare your lunch or dinner.
Los Angeles, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

First of all, if you are looking for an in and out fast food experience- this is not your place.
It is pricey, most everything is a la carte. Soup or salad does not come with the meal and the prices are on the high side.
This is the reason. It is because of the quality of the food. This is REAL FOOD, not processed prepackaged stuff. It takes time to cook it as well- it is not straight out the microwave. The quality is quite amazing. After years of Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill, I had "forgot" what food should really taste like. I had fallen into the modern day quantity over quality trap.
The service here is fabulous. Be prepared to spend time sitting, eating, conversing and enjoying a great atmosphere over some heavenly food.
I had pasta in white clam sauce. No rubbery clams here, they were tender and my meal just melted in my mouth. My daughter just wanted plain basic spaghetti, and though not on the menu, it was not a problem. The sauce was a beautifully articulated blend of Italian tomatoes with herbs and spices. Even this simple dish made my mouth water.
This restaurant is perfect for the special occasion or any time that you would want an exceptional dining experience.

1 Thank bettyking

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A bit expensive, but tasty.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2008

A bit expensive, but tasty.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Redondo Beach, CA
“Overpriced, not tasty food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2008

I can't quite put my figure on it but somehow the flavors don't mesh very well for their dishes. The meals are quite expensive and not worth it! The atmospher and service is good but they don't have the flavoring of the dishes or a sense of the sauces down at all.

2 Thank foodproficient
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not ready for prime time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2006

My mom lives in Torrance, is in her 80's and uses a cane. She has become a slave to the chains (think Carrow's, COCO's, etc) and it drives me crazy to eat that stuff when I go to visit. I have lived in NYC and joke that I list 2 maitre d' and a wine steward as dependants on my W-2.
We set off on a mission to find decent food in the South Bay. Aliotta's was our first expedition.
The place couldn't have a better location. It is convenient with a good size parking lot. Better for us, the handicap parking was at the front door. You will need to look for the place as it is set back in a strip mall.
Once inside I thought I was home. Everything has a rustic country palazzo look with high ceilings. We were warmly greeted and seated at a booth (mon's choice). So far-so good.
We started with a half bottle of Prosecco. A good idea bu not a great bottle. With so much good Prosecco out there why would they choose this one?
The food: it is a comprehensive menu that resembles better Italian places. Mom ordered Shrimp Frienze, her friend ordered clam chowder(?), and I tried the beef carpaccio.
Mom went through the shrimp like a buzz saw, her friend thought the chowder the best since the last New England trip, and the carpaccio tasted like 2 month old roast beef that was left outside. Further, it was pure gristle. A first reminder I wasn't in NYC.
The entrees were Rack of Lamb, Chicken with tomatoes, peppers and onion and I had one of the "family specials" which was decribed as sheets of pasta folded over cheese, proscitto with a bechamel sauce. I remember something similar years ago in Siena and I was hopeful. This dish , for all it's ingredients, can float on clouds if done properly.
The results: the rack (New Zeland) was ordered mediium rare but showed up medium well. It still had lots of flavor and was moist but definitely wasn't to order. The chicken was pronounced very good, and the pasta special consisted of several lumps containing indeterminate stuff buried in a red sauce. It could have been used to bomb the enemy in an emergency.
As the restaurant filled up service went totally awry and there were long periods between appearances of the waiter, or our courses. This was definitely non-professional.
The wine list was very complete accross all price ranges. We chose a "chef selection" Cabernet/Sangiovese blend that was very good at $60. There were good wins at $25 as well.
Desserts were good -mom loved the ladyfinger, friend loved the flourless chocolate cake and I again struck out with some crepe concoction.
This is a family operation and looks to have been around a long time. One would think that on their day off they might venture north to see what the competition is doing. I assume the lack of competition has made them lazy. As we left I glanced into the semi-open kitchen and saw the lamb racks just sitting on the grill waiting. I am sure we got the rarest one of the evening.
I may go there again some day but I have other places to try.
My advice to you is "keep it simple". If it were not for the experience of my dinner companions I would have rated it a "2". Their experience, being somewhat better than mine, got it a "3".

A TripAdvisor Member
“Bad Experience but Great Story”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2005

When the waiter seated us next to the 2-burner stove and the wine refrigerator, we were confused and asked to be seated at any of the other wide open tables. When the waiter espied our bottle of wine and described the $15 corkage fee, we were confused and asked about the $9 corkage fee indicated on the website. When the waiter served the room-temperature main courses with the cold vegetable sides, we were confused but didn't ask anything until the owner inquired about our dining experience. When she stoutly defended her establishment and chastised us for not complaining immediately after the food was served, we were confused and asked for the check. When we got outside, we laughed until tears rolled down our cheeks. What a hellish evening!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member