“Remained the same for many years.”

Shakey's Pizza Parlor
Ranked #440 of 688 Restaurants in Torrance
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Been visiting this location for many years when I lived in California and when I visit. I mainly visit for the Mojo Potatoes and the fried chicken. The pizza is and has always been just ok. But they have lot's of TV's and some games for kids. I just really like the Mojo Potatoes. Staff was friendly.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Excellent lunch they had a mortgage for all you can eat very reasonable amount very good there was pasta pizza chicken salads and a drink for about $9 for lunch excellent and all you can eat an excellent place for lunch I would come back here more often when I'm in town

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Man - I can't tell you how bummed I am. I'm a native Californian who returned home this week after 45 years. Shakey's was one of my penultimate childhood memories - my favorite thing to eat when I was a girl. On Sunday, I patronized the Upland Shakey's and it was absolutely spot-on - the exact pizza I remembered. The crust was crispy, slightly caramelized. The sauce was spicy and the blend of cheeses just perfect. I floated out on a cloud of deep, nostalgic satisfaction. Fast forward to Thursday, Torrance. It was time to indulge in a Shakey's pizza one more time before my return to South Carolina on Saturday. I ordered up a large pizza, so I'd have some leftover for a cold, toothsome breakfast. One look, however, and it was apparent this was not a traditional Shakey's pizza. The crust was tasteless, anemic-looking, the sauce was sweet and the cheese, flavorless. What kind of pizza trickery was this? To say I am disappointed doesn't begin to describe my feelings. I've been duped. This is definitely the lowest point of an otherwise perfect vacation. Why the disparity? Why?

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Recently, my family and I tried Shakey's in Torrance, CA. We ordered a large pizza and it was disappointing, the sauce had a sweet taste to it; we ate half the pizza and left the rest.. Pizza is not suppose to have a sweet sauce. The price we paid was very expensive for what we received. We actually could have gone to a regular sit down Italian restaurant for what we paid for pizza. The environment is fair, it is a large room with a lot of noise. The TVs they have on to sports are blaring along with music they have on to top it off. I would not recommend this pizza place. You can even get better pizza for half the price at Papa John's.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 7, 2017

I ate at this Shakey's a while back and it was very disappointing. They have the worst pizza that I ever tasted. There was no service, you have to walk up to a counter to order. The prices are extremely expensive for what you order. It was a very bad experience and I would personally not go back there again.

Date of visit: July 2016