“Neat Tablet ordering system”

STACKED: Food Well Built
Ranked #31 of 555 Restaurants in Torrance
Cuisines: American
Description: Burgers, Pizzas, Salads, Sandwiches, Mac 'N' Cheese, Appetizers and Desserts served in a dynamic, contemporary way. Customize your food using our innovative ordering system to create your own perfect meal.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This restaurant allows you to super customize anything on their menu via their tablet ordering system using ipads at every table. The food is good too I orderd a salad and customized it like crazy. The thing I was most impressed with was that they put a lot of avacado in my salad. The decor and seating feels like a casual sports bar, there are big TVs. Thereare alot of windows so you get a lot of natural light.

I felt comfortable with my 6 monthold baby there, she was a little fussy, but nobody noticed because of the ambient noised and size of resturant.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a fun restaurant - day or night. There are lots of TVs in the bar area, which is great for a game night. My cousin loves coming here with us because of the iPad that you use to order - which is fun. My favorite thing to order is a milkshake and gluten free cookies in the middle of the day. I have had dinner here twice and love that as well.

Great service, fun atmosphere, reasonable pricing. Also the iPad makes it easy to split your check among a group.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The best veggie burger I've ever had. You order from the table's Ipad and can chose your bun (pretzel bun was delicious), type of cheese, onion (thin sliced onion rings were so good), tomato, lettuce, and then a variety of sauces. Everything such as chips or fries are extra, but you get what you want. They have a good variety on the menu and desserts, as well. For those who don't like using the ipad, the waitress will take your order. Also, was impressed when they cleaned the table they used a wipe to clean the ipad, too. Excellent meal.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We are so happy that Stacked has made it to Thousand Oaks. For those unfamiliar with this "high tech" restaurant, here's how it works: Every table has an iPad menu. You can either order one of their fabulous burgers, pizzas, salads, sandwiches, etc... as is or, as I like to do, you can "create" your own! Just start building your burger, for example, by using the iPad. You "drag" the type of bun you want from the menu side of the iPad to the order side. You then "stack" exactly the type of goodies you want. There are a variety of toppings, cheeses, and sauces you can add. When you get it just right you click "send order to kitchen" and away it goes.

You do this with drinks, appetizers, and desserts. You can stack you own pizza and salads too. Now, don't think there aren't tons of service folks out there to help you and get you what you need, because they were very attentive to our needs. Refills on soft drinks without having to ask was especially nice.

As far as the food goes, it was really good. Great burgers and salads. Our table didn't order the pizza, but it looked good based on the table next to us.

There was a lively bar scene and lots of TV's showing the latest sporting events. This one is located in the Thousand Oaks Mall, across from the Cheesecake Factory.

We will definitely come back!

1  Thank jtlerman
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went in on a Sunday night and that might have been the problem. Although the idea of ordering your own food just the way you like it with the ingredients you like is great, if the technology doesn't work it sucks... The restaurant is well built but the food not so much. Average at best. The burger was overcooked and the brioche bun too wet. My salad was good but the kids food wasn't. the service was slow. Our server was aloof and not too concern about refills and dropping our check in a timely manner. The oscars and a basketball game were on... I have mixed feelings about the place, might give it another chance...