“Nice Oktoberfest Place!”

Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I brought a whole group of men from our church for a Sunday lunch to this place during Oktoberfest. Now, I've been here when it wasn't October and had a very nice German meal, but it's quite fun showing up on Oktoberfest and going into the big tent, ordering basic food, and listening to some genuine German oompah band play the Chicken Dance. I don't know, I can just say that it was very fun, quite pleasant, and a worthwhile time. There is a small town of sorts surrounding the restaurant with shops that sell German baubles and foodstuffs, and it was interesting reading the intro instructions that forbade anyone from bringing their own steins on days other than Sunday. Apparently it get fairly raucous on Friday and Saturday during the fest and stupid people smash one another on the heads with these, but on Sunday everything's copacetic. Go then, and have a great brat and beer, buy a t-shirt and a collector stein, and have a very happy afternoon. Nice place. I recommend.

3  Thank RevLovebrew

Reviewed July 21, 2013

A couple of years ago Alpine Village suddenly changed from a German Restaurant to a 'normal' restaurant and i stopped going. Jicama in the salad was a tip off that things had changed. After reading some reviews online, it seemed like it had reverted back to what it was supposed to be so we gave it another try. The menu was back to being German staples with some interesting new items as well. Food was back to what we expected. Plus its still a dance floor and pickup joint for the Social Security crowd which is always surreal and entertaining. However one big complaint needs to be made. They used to collect your $5 cover charge and then refund it to you if you ordered dinner and now they don't. A party of four who just wants a nice German dinner now has to pay $20 just to get in the door. That policy needs to change or we probably won't return I'm sad to say.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Gone there for dinner. Since we are not locals we did not realize that there was band called bits and pieces performing. We arrived at 8pm just as the music started. The music was deafening. Ordered dinner selections because we had an appetite for German food. The bread was genuine German quality - great - the goulash suppe and the salad were good. The sauerbraten was tender - the red cabbage was made with a little to much vinegar for my taste. Other members of our party enjoyed the cordon blue and the sausage. The lager beer was liked by my husband, but I thought it was nothing special. There were many people on the dance floor seemingly having a good time. So I have to remember to go earlier to dinner if I want to have a conversation with my dinner companions, because once the music starts you can not hear yourself think.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Well, I am not a German, but I do like the food here. I mainly go to the cafeteria which is adjacent to the store and closes at 3pm, and which has a pretty good selection. Portions are generally 'German size' or 'American size" and I usually have some leftovers, if I order something other than a sausage. You can also get some great German / European beers and have them with your lunch as well. Afterwards, go check out the European grocery store.

One of my friends, grew up in Germany and loves this place. He favors the restaurant and we've met for brunch there. I think the price is about $25, but it is wicked. All you can eat sausage,meat, desert, etc. Lots of authentic sausages that scared me, but my German friend loved them. I don't go to the restaurant often, but I know that I will leave this place satisfied and stuffed.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Alpine Village Inn is part of a complex that includes a restaurant, shops, cafeteria and market. It is also the site of an annual Octoberfest celebration. I found the restaurant food mediocre and the atmosphere rather cheesy. The cafeteria food is less than good and the market prices a little steep. If you are smitten with airport security you will be enthralled with the Octoberfest celebration as the security at this event is quite extensive. That is because the venue is in the middle of a seedy, crime-ridden neighborhood. In fact, there have been two murders in the Alpine Village parking lot in the past couple of years. The little European flavor and charm this place ever possessed is also long gone. Avoid this establishment!

Been to Alpine Village Inn? Share your experiences!