“A place of refreshing rest ...”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Torrance, California
“A place of refreshing rest ...”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have to say, that I was pleasantly surprised to have a very nice room that made me feel comfortable .When I called just to find out about reservation information the hotel staff was friendly and helpful and therefore: I decided to have them keep a room for me.My room is on the third floor and it is quite and has given me time to take care of some important matters without any interruptions .I have also enjoyed the freedom to come and go, knowing that all is well. The housekeepers keep a very clean place here and are nice.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Lisa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you truly enjoyed your room and the friendly service our staff provided. As well, I am glad that you were able to get a good nights rest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've stayed with this hotel chain several times because most low-rate hotels are sleazy motels. My experience with the staff has been great. It's usually the guests that are questionable: loud, bringing dogs down to the complimentary breakfast station unleashed; damaging hotel property (I can tell by the condition of the room that a guest just didn't care). My BIGGEST complaint about Extended Stay? Worst mattresses I ever slept on. Homeless shelters probably have better mattresses.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the mattress did not give the comfortable nights rest that we try to provide at our hotels. I am working with my staff to properly identify and correct issues like yours ensure that our guest receive a peaceful nights rest and that these issues due not happen
in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lto@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Tonga
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed here last weekend, Place wasn't bad until the Air Conditioning unit didn't work properly we were in room 334 and even the toilet plugged on us? the Cleaners never came by to check on the room... I don't know what else to say other then it was alright...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is in the middle of everything. The room is new, clean, and equipped with everything you need. Grab-n-go breakfast is ok but not so much variety; as long as it is complimentary, I'm ok with that.

Bathroom was clean but towels was dirty.

Room Tip: Front staff sometimes disappeared, be patient and wait.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Piichiez
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel was very nice. The room was perfect, we had a kitchen, small living room and bedroom. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was not very motivated and just ok. Not very friendly. The breakfast if you can call it that, was terrible, it is just grab and go, but nothing that was offered i wanted to grab, so bring your own!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We live in Arizona, and when we decide to get-away for a weekend we head to Los Angeles. We have many hotels to choose from, but Extended Stay-Torrance Blvd. has always been our favorite. It is located near those places we want to go to, and the home away from home feeling is always there with their ready to go kitchens. The staff (especially Tammy), makes you feel like family and friends. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. P.S. We don't smoke, and had no issues with smelling smoke in our room.

Room Tip: The second and third floor rooms allow you to open the windows at night and a catch nice breeze. Wow...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that this location is your favorite to stay in. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The room was somewhat clean. But I was scared to take off my shoes. Faint smell of smoke on towels and bedding. Do people jump up and down all night? Walls are extremely thin. The sheets had stains on them. I feel creepy crawlies in them. Overall haunted vibe. Should have gone to the Marriott.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank 2013cali
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd., responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you had to endure the smell of smoke in your room. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working diligently to properly identify and treat the issues like yours. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at lto@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.