“When My Nose That Doesn't Smell, Smells!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
“When My Nose That Doesn't Smell, Smells!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

As a former smoker, I sort of killed my sense of smell. For me to detect odors they need to be very strong. That goes for good or bad. The lobby area and 3rd floor of this building smelled like they regularly held AA meeting of a hundred or more smokers who then left their extinguished butts in a wet ash tray. Fortunately, my room was on the non-smoking side of the hallway and provided relief. That said, I still had to arrive and leave through the gagging smell of the building. The rest of the place was acceptable. The shower was awesome. I've not ever traveled where I didn't want to return to my room for a good nights sleep. It was like I had to walk through a dump to get there. Clean that (7@p up.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

This Extended Stay America is hands down the best one I have ever stayed at. Clean, safe, great quiet location, free parking, comfortable bed and GOOD PILLOWS!!! The community room on the first floor is great for a place to go watch tv if you want to get out of your room. Nice flat screen TV's. The breakfast grab and go is a nice touch, just not what I would eat but the coffee is very good, nice 12 oz cups. Not sure how long they can continue the free muffins and breakfast bars with people taking so many, I saw one man fill at bowl from his room up with them, he took over a dozen!! I do wish they would start offering a daily newspaper. Finally an ESA that takes pride in their location. Reading the other reviews I do not understand why people complain about the hotel when they do not understand what an extended stay hotel is all about.

Room Tip: 3rd floor allows smoking, ask for 1st or 2nd if you do not like the smell of smoke.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve on the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable and exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered the value and experience you expect. Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.
walnut creek, ca, usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Pluses: price point, relatively clean, kitchen, free parking
Negatives: housekeeping services for less than a week cost more, if you want clean towels you have to exchange them with front desk yourself, few amenities, front desk shuts at 10 p.m., skimpy towels, uncomfortable pillows/beds

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JD_WCCA
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went here for a girls' weekend away. For an ESA property, it was rather small. The room was small, the lobby practically non-existent and the breakfast room really cramped. There is no pool or other amenities that you generally get with this chain.

The room was clean and comfortable and the linens were good. The kitchen was clean, however it was not stocked properly and we had to go to the front desk to obtain enough plates, etc for 3 people. Same with towels.

The hotel has been remodeled, but mostly just cosmetics. The place still feels rather old and dark. Probably won't stay here again. It met our needs for the weekend, but just barely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CAHSMOM
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel could use vending machines for snacks.yes, you can go to the store and buy them, but if you want something late at nite, you're SOL. There is a sign by a back door to the smoking area, where not everyone will see it, that states the hotel has cancer causing elements in the hotel.
The coffee is ok, a little weak for my taste. Breakfast consists of apples, oranges, packaged muffins and breakfast bars. You have to ask for extra coffee and sugar/sweetner. Depending on who's working the desk, you may get a roll of the eyes.The coffeemakers leave alot to be desired. They leak as much on the counter as you get in the 4 oz. cup. Bring paper towels.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank townie54
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent two weeks in LA to watch the baseball playoffs. We've stayed at Extended Stay locations in the past and I was shopping around for one for this trip, but was steered away by some of the negative reviews that came up. We had never stayed at the Del Amo Circle location and I was curious about it. But we ended up staying at a Best Western Plus closer to Dodger Stadium that turned out to be a disappointment. When we needed to extend for two more days and the Best Western was sold out, I jumped at the chance to stay at Del Amo Circle. I must say the hotel has a very modern feel and is well managed and in a nice area of Torrance. The room was very comfortable and appointed nicely. I would definitely stay again and recommend this location for families and couples who like peace and quiet and want the comforts of being at home in your hotel room.

Room Tip: You need to rent a car if you stay in Torrance.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

So I'm sick of some people giving bad reviews and when I arrive the place is Most of the time in way better shape than my last worst one.We stayed here 17 Days and would stay here again.. I just wish they had a outside Grill

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business