“Nice Surroundings Close to the Beaches”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel is being upgraded which is in definite need of one. The rooms are small even for an extended stay property. Remember this is an extended stay property which means no daily housekeeping service. If you are staying one or two days its fine.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Del Amo Circle. Our company prides itself on providing great service. Please know how important your comfort is to us.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly

I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotel brand location in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My sister and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. Checking in was good they allowed my sister to check in early in the day I arrived later that night. The room was okay clean but with a funny odor in the room?The next day we leave our room for the day when we return our beds had not been made, our towels not replaced? I called the front desk asked what happened ? I was informed if I paid extra per day we could have clean towels??? FREE Internet was SLOW Internet if I paid extra $ I could BUY high speed. Continental breakfast here means packaged muffins,granola bars,OLD fruit,small cups for coffee!! This hotel is pitiful I've had a better stay in a Motel 6 for a lot less $$ take my advice DO NOT STAY HERE. Go to a real hotel this place is a JOKE. I will NEVER stay here again PROMISE and I NEVER break a promise!!

Room Tip: Tip- DO NOT STAY HERE! Unless you like to pay extra $$ for common hotel essentials.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tammi M
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I live in the area and we had to come to this hotel due to termite extermination being done in our building. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and it is one of the safest areas in Torrance. The hallways need new carpeting but I'm not sleeping in the hallway. Continental breakfast was ok, nothing great just oatmeal packets, Otis spunkmeyers muffins, fresh fruit, coffee and tea. If you are looking for a full service hotel, go somewhere else, but if its a place to sleep and watch some tv, this is the place. Del amo mall is one block away and restaurant row with a souplantation, red lobster, elephant bar, Starbucks, bev mo, the counter and bagel shop are very close by. True, no pans and only a few plates. Also no detergent to wash the dishes or towels to dry them, so I didn't bother eating on their items. For it being an extended stay place, I expected these items by default. I think they need to work on some things, but they rely on a lot of non picky people to stay here. If they up'd their game just a little bit, it could be a much better hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you did not have any of the amenities we provide in the room at check in. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is making sure that we are inspecting every room to ensure that they are up to company standards. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tor@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a lapse between moving out of our apt in San Diego before we could move in to our new one in Los Angeles. After spending five days here we couldn't be happier to leave. I've stayed at many Extended Stays and the beauty of them is having home amenities. This place provides NOTHING. Yea, there was a stove but no pans or silverware so what's the point? There are no housekeeping services at all. Never once even got clean towels. The quality of the bedding, towels, soap, everything only rivals what I would imagine you get at homeless shelter. I once walked out of the room at night forgetting my key and when I went to the front desk it was closed for the night. Really?!?!? Spend the extra and go to a real hotel. I wish we had.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you did not have any of the utensils we provide our guest with in your room. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is making sure that when we are inspecting rooms we are making sure we check that no utensils are missing in the rooms. We will also make sure that we inform our guest at check in time of our Housekeeping policy. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tor@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

On the outside, it looks like an updated modern hotel with everything newly painted and nicely landscaped but on the inside, the bathroom was gross. It had an old shower curtain, sink didnt work properly, tub was an eye sore, kitchen was old and out dated and bed spread smelled.
I looked under the fitted sheet just to find dark yellow stains.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is retrained to make sure we check all rooms before we rent it out. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at 310-543-0048. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were in town for one night to attend a funeral. We arrived in the evening after a 6 hour drive and the hotel looked nice from the outside. We checked in and went to our room. Upon entering we noticed a strange odor. As we looked around we could not believe the poor quality of the amenities. This room had not been updated for at least 30 years. The countertops and floors were disgusting. The windows had mold. Had it not been so late we would have left and went to another hotel, but we had a funeral early the next morning and were not staying another night. We did not use the shower and made sure not to walk bare footed in the room. I cannot believe that this hotel is in business with rooms in this condition. There were people loitering in the lobby area, not sure if they were employees or residents, but they did not make us feel that we were entirely safe staying there. I let the hotel know the condition of the room, but they never responded or offered a refund or apology. I took pictures of the condition of the room, but they did not ask to see them. I think that they are fully aware and dont plan on fixing it. Very disappointed because this is in a nice location in Torrance and the rooms do not match how the hotel appears on the outside.

Room Tip: I dont know about other Extended Stay locations, but wouldnt stay in this hotel again.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Del Amo Circle. Our company prides itself on providing great service and clean, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the cleanliness in your suite and cleanliness issues. Please know how important your comfort is to us. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Manager Anny June and her staff consisting of Karla, Daisy, Yolanda and Angelo have always been very helpful when I've need extra clean towels, giving advise to close by places to eat, help in getting to airport, directions for travel, looking after my cat when I've been away more than a day for work or when at times I've needed extra tissues or TP.
You can't go wrong with this Extended Stay America hotel staff.

Room Tip: Arrive early or make a reservation.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Pancho L
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Del Amo Circle Los Angeles - Torrance. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.