Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here for three weeks while I waited for my house to be ready. I moved here from Michigan. From the outside it looks very nice. Inside is a totally different story. I have to say that the one positive is that in all fairness the front desk staff was quite friendly for the most part. However, when we checked in, there were hairs on the bathroom floor and the tub was dirty. The rug was dirty and so was the foldout couch. They are in serious need of renovation. You have to pay your stay ahead of time, so even if you don't know how long you are staying you have to decide if you want the weekly rate or the monthly rate. If you pay the monthly rate and move out earlier you owe them money. If you move out later you don't. It's a weird plan. Anyway, the King size bed was so close to the window on one side of the bed that I had to climb into it from the middle to get in. My son used the foldout couch and said it was extremely uncomfortable. I asked if the could send a housekeeper to my room the next day, because they don't do cleaning every day if you are a long stay person, and they did send one. The breakfast is a bit of a joke, I can get granola bars and wrapped up muffins at the Shell station. There is a laundry room with no chair to sit in while your clothes are being done and the floors of the laundry room were dirty and I was afraid to leave my clothes there and go back to my room. You have to bring your towels to the desk and exchange them for clean towels. You have to ask for an extra roll of toilet paper. You have to ask for everything. After 10PM no one is at the desk, but I think they have a line for emergencies. My husband left for Michigan and asked me twice if I was sure I wanted to stay there because he was so anxious for me to move to another hotel. I stayed there mostly because we had already brought all my stuff into the room and he was flying back the next day and I didn't want to move everything again. The staff did ask me if I wanted another room, but they did not have any others with a King size bed and my husband is over 6 foot tall and needs a King size bed. At night, when I came back to the hotel, there were lots of people lingering in the driveway,and although the entrance is well lit, I did not feel very safe. I think I left my phone charger there and when I called to see if it was there, they told me that I needed to call back in a few days because they did not know. I left my phone number but no one ever called me back. All in all, for the money, it was not worth it. For an extra ten dollars a night I could have stayed at the Hilton Doubletree at the corporate rate and had a luxurious room with housekeeping every day and no hairs in the tub or dirty carpets.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Del Amo Circle. Our company prides itself on providing great service and clean rooms which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Please know how important your comfort is to us. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were in town for one night to attend a funeral. We arrived in the evening after a 6 hour drive and the hotel looked nice from the outside. We checked in and went to our room. Upon entering we noticed a strange odor. As we looked around we could not believe the poor quality of the amenities. This room had not been updated for at least 30 years. The countertops and floors were disgusting. The windows had mold. Had it not been so late we would have left and went to another hotel, but we had a funeral early the next morning and were not staying another night. We did not use the shower and made sure not to walk bare footed in the room. I cannot believe that this hotel is in business with rooms in this condition. There were people loitering in the lobby area, not sure if they were employees or residents, but they did not make us feel that we were entirely safe staying there. I let the hotel know the condition of the room, but they never responded or offered a refund or apology. I took pictures of the condition of the room, but they did not ask to see them. I think that they are fully aware and dont plan on fixing it. Very disappointed because this is in a nice location in Torrance and the rooms do not match how the hotel appears on the outside.

Room Tip: I dont know about other Extended Stay locations, but wouldnt stay in this hotel again.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Del Amo Circle. Our company prides itself on providing great service and clean, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the cleanliness in your suite and cleanliness issues. Please know how important your comfort is to us. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Manager Anny June and her staff consisting of Karla, Daisy, Yolanda and Angelo have always been very helpful when I've need extra clean towels, giving advise to close by places to eat, help in getting to airport, directions for travel, looking after my cat when I've been away more than a day for work or when at times I've needed extra tissues or TP.
You can't go wrong with this Extended Stay America hotel staff.

Room Tip: Arrive early or make a reservation.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Pancho L
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Del Amo Circle Los Angeles - Torrance. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've been staying in this hotel for a while as a travel nurse and all I have to say is that the staff and the manager, Anny, had been so helpful and nice. It's home away from home. Having lived across the country (mostly Extended Stay) working as a Travel RN, Extended Stay Del Amo Circle have this "Homey" feeling. It all starts from the way the staff treats you, the cleanliness and of course the location.
Keep up the good work Miss Anny D!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mel F
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially our General Manager Annie. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Most people who stay here are here because they either have work or have an extended Hospital stay. I reserved a handicapped, non-smoking, ground floor, queen bed room for while we wait for a knee replacement. When we arrived all they had was a third floor, queen bed, smoking room (floor) and a tub (with handicap bars) and they promised they'd move us as soon as they could. This is 3 days later. They boasted a light breakfast in the lobby as a selling feature. The first morning there were three rotten bananas ( I took the least rotton one), several oranges, two types of coffee, instant oatmeal, three flavors of nutri-grain bars and individually packaged blueberry muffins. There was no juice, no decaf, no cereal. That was almost acceptable as a light breakfast. The next day there was coffee (again no decaf), no fruit, no muffins, no breakfast bars only a selection of instant oatmeal. There were only two pillows in the room (not great pillows). I called the desk and asked if we could have a couple extra pillows (as we are here because of a medical condition that requires propping up) and said I could come get them. They volunteered to bring them up. Three hours later I went to the lobby and the attendant said, "Oh yeah, the pillows." I just said that I'd take them up. We came in Monday night, it is Thursday night and we have at least another week to go and there is no hope in sight that we will be moved or that "breakfast" will improve any. Their customer service should be taught better and improved. The price is about as good as you can get, but in this case you definitely get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Make your reservation WELL in advance and confirm several times before arrival. Stress that you wil...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We hope that the surgery went well and your knee is healing properly. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory, especially since you were with us for a medical reason. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

As well, we pride ourselves on providing our guests with exceptional customer service. Our staff is tasked with being friendly and enhancing each guests experience at our hotel, creating a "home away from home" feeling. Regrettably, it seems that we failed in this area with you.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Writing from my hotel room right now. I have stayed here at this location a few times. a few years back this place was a decent hotel however that is not the case anymore. Six months ago I was here and was disappointed in a big way. however I was told hotel was going through some renovation so I was hoping there would be some improvements this time. OK it didn't happen! This place is worn out and dirty. Carpets, chairs, and other furniture in the room are not only old but unclean to a disgusting point! Few months ago when I stayed here for couple of days I mentioned to management that chair in the room was disgusting and they said it will be taken care of however as you see in my pictures nothing has changed since then. Also this hotel allows pets but they have room service once a week! I imagine when people with their 60lb pitbulls stay here there should be extra cleaning and maintenance going on but that is not so! Carpet in the room is filthy however it looks better in hallways. Parking is outdoor and is OK. Home size refrigerator and oven is good for saving money not to eat at restaurants all the time but you have to live with the smell of other people cooking most of the time. Location is very good and close to
Shopping and groceries.

Room Tip: Try to get room at discounted rates through internet if you have no choice but to stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Farzin,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Del Amo Circle - Torrance - Los Angeles. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the extended stay America. The outside is nice and the rooms cozy with ample space which I liked since I had guests over. I'm a hotel brat and always need to stay at nice hotels, so i was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the hotel. And for the price we paid we got a great deal!

One set back though is that the room wasn't ready when we arrived for check in. We waited a while in the commons room but overall the experience was great. They have complimentary breakfast from 6-9 which was really nice too.

I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great rooms at great rates for our guests to enjoy and strives to meet 100% guest satisfaction. It motivates myself and the staff to know that we have fulfilled this promise with you.

My staff and I look forward to having you as a guest again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. We truly appreciate all of your praise; thank you again.