“Good place to stay on business”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
“Good place to stay on business”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

THG is a great place to stay on business. The weather is nice, and restaurants and shops are close by so that makes for a nice walk. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the rooms are clean. So far Uber to the airport has not cost me more than $20 and they always come within about 10 minutes. This is my place of choice to stay when in Torrance.

Room Tip: The weather is great so leave your windows open at night.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Leland D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean rooms, and convenient location. Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed at Extended Stay-Harbor Gateway in Torrance, CA. The rooms are stylish and clean, the beds are so comfortable.The staff, namely Flora (Manager), Cynthia and Anthony; Front desk are very professional and thorough. When I stay away from home I like to be treated like an important guest and that's how I was treated. If your ever in town and need a nice hotel with caring staff and excellent customer service, I advise you to stay at this hotel. Close by everything; food, shopping, entertainment and freeways for easy access to your next destination.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank cathy s
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am glad to read that you received excellent customer service during your stay. As well, I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and that we could provide you with a clean, stylish, comfortable room. Thank you so much for choosing Extended Stay America, and for sharing your positive experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Dallas
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I'm a frequent traveler and my three nights at the Extended Stay American was one of my more disappointing experiences in some time. It would appear that the management is optimizing around three objectives; keep it simple, keep it clean, and cut every cent possible.

It's the last that, in the aggregate, made for a rather icky experience. Let's start with the bathroom; if you decide to stay here plan on bringing your own shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap. Other than two silver dollar sized slivers of soap you'll get none of these. If you're used to towels that actually dry you off bring your own because the two provided were so thin I needed both after my shower. Oh.. and whatever you do, be sure to hang them up to dry when you're done because house cleaning never visited my room once in 3 days. If you're planning on preparing a meal in what appears to be a small kitchen in the stock photos be sure to bring your own utensils, something to cook on, plates to eat on, and glasses to drink from because you'll find none of that in your room.

Whatever you do, get a room on the third floor. I felt bad for the folks on the floor beneath me because unless I practically tip toed, every step caused the entire floor and the walls to vibrate.

Perhaps I've been spoiled by my experiences at the Staybridge down the street (another property that caters to extended stays) but this place made a motel 6 feel luxurious. I suppose that if I were to inquire at the desk I could probably get some of what was missing from the room but I didn't check.

NOTE: The property seems to cater to line workers from nearby industrial businesses. I didn't meet anyone rowdy or unpleasant but you definitely get the sense that you're highly unlikely to bump into families on vacation or white collar business travelers.

On the positive side; my room was clean, spacious, and well maintained. The flat panel TV was large and modern. The A/C was quiet and kept the room cool. The staff was friendly. The location quiet and convenient to the 405. In short, there was nothing 'bad' about the property - there just wasn't a lot to recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the third floor to avoid vibrations from the clomping of people walking above y...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Ok first thing that is completely ridiculous is this "fresh room Program" this means there is NO tea or coffee in the rooms, if fact there is NONE of the normal things you find in a hotel kitchen! You have to go to reception and ask for anything you need. I did this and asked for coffee making stuff. They gave me a brewer and nothing else, I had to go back down stairs, as they put the coffee brewer in a bag, I assume the cups and coffee would be in there. Nope I had to ask for all the ingredients to make a coffee. The duty manager was clearly brain dead. When I asked why they are doing this she said " it is to customize every need of the guest!!!!! Really??? The reason we went back to this chain is because we were given free nights from the last time we stayed and they completely messed up our reservations... Guys ....the properties are mostly not bad for a cheap hotel.... Just get the small stuff right and you might have half a chance.... Free or not we wont be back

Room Tip: Bring everything you need
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Was there for a 7 week buisness trip.
Friendly staff, clean rooms and good Prices for L.A. Free Wifi and parking
Rooms are big and are fully equipped with all you Need for a longer stay.
Already booked for my next trip.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor preferred
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Grisette S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
I want to thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, your clean, spacious room and our free parking and Wi-Fi. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Convenient location. ...Clean rooms.... friendly and helpful staff.... Starbucks is a 2 minute walk with other good small eateries nearby. 5 stars! !! For a late night snack I used to be able to get a coke or a sprite! But they recently switched to Pepsi. ... not a reason to not stay here but please bring back the coca cola vendor as soon as possible!

• Stayed May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we have continued to provide you with an enjoyable stay each time you visit us. It's great to hear that you were pleased with our location, your clean room and our friendly, helpful staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team.

Thank you for continuing to choose Extended Stay America. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Torrance, California
Reviewed May 18, 2014

If you are looking for a place to stay, "home away from home", this is the place to stay!
Excellent customer service, friendly staff, and very clean! Comfortable accommodations, clean laundry room and nice selection of complimentary breakfast options.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RGranadosCA
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our laundry facilities, our grab-and-go breakfast and the great customer service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.