Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
San Francisco, California
“Pleasantly Surprising”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife and 2 kids stayed here for the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised how nice and clean this hotel was kept. When we came in we were greeted kindly by the receptionist and check in was rather quick. For the price, if you are looking for affordable nice clean and hotel to stay this is the best place to go.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your clean room and our staff's friendly service. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I travel extensively for both business and pleasure. I booked this location because it was in walking distance with 3 days of meetings at Wal-mart. I would stay there again because of the property and most of all because of the staff. They genuinely care and take pride in their jobs. (Take a look at the responses to comments below) The rooms were clean and quiet. The desk was large with a comfortable chair to work with. The bed and bath were very good. I did not encounter any challenges while I was there but feel confident if something should have come up it would have been taken care of in a proper manner. The lobby, hall ways and overall property was kept very clean. Thank you to all. Dale

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed November 29, 2013

If you need a no frills place to stay at a great price, this is the place. Room with small kitchen is fantastic, the people are very friendly and helpful.
This is not luxury, but a clean comfortable room at a great price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Front Office Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen, and the service our staff provided. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Seattle
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed one night for business. The major things I look for when traveling on a budget are costs of the room, free parking/wifi, good wifi, and a clean room. I was extremely happy with all of these aspects and have no complaints. The appearance of the lobby / room were excellent (I've never stayed at an Extended Stay so I'm not sure how this location compares). Friendly service. Would definitely recommend staying here if visiting Torrance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Christopher - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for making sure that you, our guest, was happy and satisfied. It is great to know that you enjoyed your room, the free Wi-Fi and our friendly service.

Torrance, California
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and 4 kids and it was disappointing and depressing. We stayed in 2 rooms; 3 per room. I've stayed at at least 2 other Extended Stay America locations and this one was inferior. I would not stay here again or recommend this location. We ended up checking out and staying somewhere else.

The rooms were depressing and dark. The walls are plain with no artwork or decoration. The blinds and bed covers were a dark brown - a color that might be good for handling a lot of wear and tear, but not cheerful colors. The rooms also smaller than the other ESA locations we've stayed at.

The staff was great at times and horrible at times. The shower head in one room was really noisy and the drain was really slow the first night we stayed there. We called the front desk and an employee came to check it out within 2 minutes and repairs were made the next morning - very impressive. On the flip side, my wife went to ask for more bowls since there's only 1 per room and we needed a total of 6. The employee initially would only give us 2 more even though we had 2 rooms and 6 people. It's not like we had 6 people into 1 room. What's the point of staying in a place with a kitchen if they won't provide enough bowls to eat with? After some "discussion," another employee stepped in and gave my wife the 4 bowl she asked for.

Breakfast is provided, but simple and limited. Coffee, instant oatmeal, packaged (not fresh) muffins and fruit - just like the picture on the ESA website. At least the picture is accurate.

There is NO pool at this location.

One positive is that this location is very close to several food options - Starbucks, Chinese food, Japanese food, a sandwich place, Carl's Jr and Walmart is about 1 block away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We get there almost by 11 pm during delay of flight, go check in only take 2 minutes?? As told they don't have room available for 2 queens bed, but the will upgrade us to be a suite (Kind bed with a sofa bed) of course I do not have choice. The room was clean and big, but the sofa bed was horrible, I need to take the mattress out and sleep on the floor. Next day went to front desk and ask for changing room. Unfortunately, they don't have any available. They put a panel under the sofa bed and make it harder with 2 extra mattress topper on the sofa bed mattress for us. Its better than sleep on the floor. They was very helpful and I believe they try the best as they could.
Grab and go breakfast is OK, coffee, tea, muffin, energy bar and fruit.
The staff was very polite and courteous, over all satisfied, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank feona622
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Feona - We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel and our staff. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Please know that we sincerely apologize for not having the bed type you requested available. To prevent this from happening again, we will monitor our inventory more closely and strive to fulfill all of our guests requests moving forward. As well, I am sorry that the sofa bed was uncomfortable; however, I am glad that our staff provided you with additional mattress toppers and tried to make the best of the situation for you.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.