“family gathering”
Review of Riviera Health Spa

Riviera Health Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Torrance
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Clean and well maintained. Foods are excellent. Shave ice out of the world. I visit this place every month with friends. We usually have scrub and have foods. Social events for us.

All reviews
"acupressure"
"koreatown"
"spas"

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I went there for a body scrub and a massage. They did a thorough job.The place is clean and well kept . The only thing I didnt like was the lack of privacy. You get your services naked in full view of everyone of the same gender. Also , the staff barely speaks English so it's hard to communicate. However , I left feeling relax and rejuvenated. It's worth what I paid for and I'm going back again next week!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Scheduled facial for today at 1pm with Jin or Estela. Neither showed up for my appointment. The two women at the front desk were rude and unhelpful. Since skincare staff are contracted out, the spa staff would not help me try to contact the aesthetician. Jin did not return my call for an appointment so I had to call the spa to find her. The whole experience was a waste of time.

1  Thank thconstructivecritic
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I had the opportunity to visit Riviera Health Spa last weekend and we are already planning a return visit. What a delight! This was the perfect opportunity to be immersed in the Korean culture for a few hours and to relax and "get away from it all."

We started our visit(s) in our respective downstairs male and female separate facilities. The women on my side were very comfortable without thier clothing and did not appear to notice each other or me, so I was quite at home in my "birthday suit." I had the opportunity to soak in the warm (medium) jacuzzi before I dressed and headed upstairs to the communal room to reunite with my husband, relax and await my massage. I must say, the Swedish Massage was unlike any I have ever experienced. It was much more of a deep tissue meets acupressure meets the massages I had in Thailand than what I would consider to be a traditional Swedish Massage. Still, I enjoyed it immensely and the massuesse was highly skilled. My husband, on the other hand, recieved a massage that he considered to be more typically Swedish. After our massages, we relaxed on the large heated floor and fell asleep. Bliss! People around us were realaxing and doing their thing, but it all had a real "day at the beach" feel, where you have people around you and are still able to fall asleep on the sand. Maybe not being able to understand what the people around me were saying also kept my mind from getting too attached to their voices. It was probably that massage, though. When we woke up, we sampled the dry saunas on the communal floor. Nice variety.

The best part of this experience for me was the contact we had with the Korean community. We were made to feel very welcome and had the opportunity to observe families relaxing together and various groups of friends gathering, playing games and just chatting. In the women's room downstairs, women washed their young children (Yes, children over 6 are allowed!). Now while this is something that would typically be an enormous turn-off to me, the children really did blend in with the place and were all well-behaved. I got the impression that this was a regular weekend retreat for some families. More "mature" patrons were helped along by their families as well. Beautiful.

The food was very good and served at traditional low tables - we sat on mats. I also love the hours of this facility - open until midnight every night of the week! The facility was EXTREMELY clean. I have no idea what these other reviews are referring to and wonder if we were even in the same place! I think when we return next weekend I will look into a body exfoliation prior to my massage. This seemed to be quite popular and I'm anxious to try it.

What can I say? It's very unique and different from anything you have ever done, if you haven't yet been to a Korean spa. Be open and give it a shot. A cross-cultural experience doesn't have to cost thousands of dollars and take you thousands of miles away. Adventure is right on your back doorstep...

2  Thank Goldfamily4