“Great Value, Stay”

Staybridge Suites Torrance
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed September 3, 2008

I booked a this hotel via Priceline at less then $50.00. Upon arrival, I was given a handicapped room, which I disaproved of. Everything in a handicapped room is very low and akward, especailly to a tall person like myself. I went back to the front desk and was told that was the room Priceline booked. I asked him if he could change my room and he did after I mentioned I was a Priority Club member. I do not think the hotel which mostly caters to business people was full on a Sunday night before a holiday. My new room was a 1 bedroom suite, a bedroom, small kitchen and living room. It consisted of 2 TV's, a stove, refridgerator and microvave to name a few. The room and bathroom were very clean with the usual amemities such as high quality shampoos and lotions. There was an ample supply of towels. My only maintenance problem was a loose toilet knob, but since I was there only one night, I didn't make an issue of it.

One great thing about this hotel is many services are complimentary. Parking, computer use and printing in the lobby, laundry facilities and local phone calls. The free breakfast was great, scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, cereals, and the usual assortment of danishes and bagels. The staff with the exception of the person who checked me in were great.

There is a pool and area to BBQ.

The location is about 5 minutes from the 405 in a business area, so it was very quiet. Hawthorne Blvd. is nearby with many restaurants and a big mall.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed June 17, 2008

Unfortunately, we stayed here for a week. Wish we'd moved after the first night!!

Their wireless internet NEVER worked.
Their "sundowner" meals were terrible - don't know who's cooking, but they must LOVE grease!!
The room was NEVER cleaned. After arriving back after a long day at work, I had to go to the front desk to get towels, soap, etc. Apparently, the housekeeper didn't know how to find this room, since there was built up mildew on the shower curtain.

Their website says they have "full" kitchens. WRONG - no oven, and the stove only barely works. On top of that, their cooking pans are the cheapest I've ever seen - certainly not non-stick.

Their front desk staff act like guests are a bother - interrupting personal phone calls and the like.

Try the Crowne Plaza in Redondo Beach, CA as an alternative. That's where I went after 1 week at Staybridge Hell!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank turtlegal0624
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Stayed for one night on stopover before joining a cruise at LA Harbour. Excellent service in lobby and nice spacious accomodation. Nice and near local shopping mails if your a Brit looking to spend sometime shopping, as we were. Go to the Galleria, it has by far the best shops. (2/3 miles away) The hotel is in it's own grounds on the edge of a business park (offices not industrial) Reception very friendly and helpful. Room we were told had recently been refurbished and was good. Own kitchen area, nice and clean and good equipment. Lounge with settee in front of television. This led through double doors to the double bedrom and then through to own wash area and toilet/shower room. Clean all round. I've stayed in LA before on holiday/vacation and wish I had found this place then, it would be a perfect pad for a week or more stay.
We used it the one night but enjoyed the experience, definately go back again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2008

I've been to many Staybridges, this won't be one i'll visit again.

The cons:
Smelly stale room
Old nasty furniture.
Hard old bed.
Huge area of mildew in shower (they DO clean these, right?)
Non Functional Internet (250k down, whee 5x analog modem)
No trays for breakfast (impress your friends with a balancing act!)

The pros:
There was a little shelf for my razor in the shower, hurray!

I actually cancelled the next day, and the week I was going to stay here. I can see they are working on renovations, that would be why I couldnt find a spot in the parking lot with all their trailers.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank FredGarvin666
Reviewed October 19, 2007

Good location for business trip to Torrance. Clean rooms, fair price and very good breakfast provided.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2007

We stayed here for a couple days in early October. I have family in the Palos Verdes area and it was convenient for that. We checked in after a long travel day and notorious LA traffic and it was nice to come into a lobby with munchies. The lobby has a snack spread Tuesday through Thursday - nothing fancy and I believe there is a different theme each night. Ours was crackers, cheese, chips, dip, wine, and other drinks. It hit the spot before dinner.
We got to the room and were very impressed. It is a great size with a full kitchen, bedroom, living area, dressing area, bathroom, small dining area, and large closet. Very clean and comfortable! There is a great pool and hot tub near the lobby - there is also a picnic area equipped with a huge stainless steel grill. Also in the lobby, there are frozen dinners, snacks, and drinks for sale.
The breakfast buffet is impressive - cereal, eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, fruit, juice, coffee, pastries...anything you can think of. There is a nice eating area with a big screen TV.
We went to Universal Studios one day and itis not close to that at all - it's a good 40 miles away on jam packed freeways. But, it is fairly close to the airport - maybe 20 minutes away.
I would absolutely stay here again! It was comfortable, clean, had great services, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blr0408
Reviewed February 9, 2007

I loved this hotel! The room was very nice, pretty large! The furniture is nice and new. Stylish. The beds were TOTALLY comfy with above average bedding!! Room was really clean.

The hotel grounds itself are very beautiful. Landscaped, clean. All staff was nice.

The breakfast was goooood! Lots too choose from and actually TASTED good!

Very close to a really awesome shopping mall. Lots of good stores and restraunts there!

Kitchen was pretty nice. Some older appliances but they do the job! And they were very clean.

The only bad things I would say are
1) Lighting in the bathroom is horrible!
2) No elevator that I saw so it was hard lugging my suitcases, purse and laptop up the stairs.

AND FREE WI-FI!! Which was my favorite :) And worked all the time.

About 20-30 Minute drive to Disneyland.

Would def stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends