Staybridge Suites Torrance
Agoda.com
$97
$110
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsliving roomfull kitchenbeer and winewalk in closetwafflesfree breakfastlong travel daymon wedpool areaoil refineryno elevatorredondo beachsmall apartmentwe stayed in a two bedroomhot tubthe breakfast areaa ground floor room
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel has many positives. I found the full kitchen to be very useful. I ate my evening meals there during my four-day business trip. The furnishings were fairly new, and the bed was very comfortable. The walls provided good insulation from noise from adjacent rooms. The fitness center was clean, and the machines were in good working order. The breakfast was good, with several hot items. For the most part, the members of the staff took their jobs seriously. Now for the negatives. The fitness center did not have a multi-function weight machine. There is no elevator, so be prepared to use the stairs if you get a room on the second or third floor. Those stairs and the corridors are on the outside, which means that from your room you can readily hear outdoor noise such as a car horn. Finally, for several days the cleaning staff did not take care of scraps of a pizza that someone had left on the second-floor walkway to my room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

As part of our trip around LA, we stayed at several other Staybridge and were impressed therefore we booked a Staybridge again at this location as a base to visit Hollywood and Santa Monica. The rooms at this particular location seamed larger than the other hotels. The other notable feature is the BBQ's outside available for guests to use with nice seating areas. I would defiantly recommend this hotel and location but beware that it is surrounded by an industrial estate.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robbie B
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I and our two teenage boys stayed for 6 nights. We weren't in the hotel much, so we missed out on the pool, exercise room, and afternoon food and drinks. However, we did take advantage of the breakfasts, the small store, and a free DVD "rental". They have catalogs of DVDs that you can check out for free. The only negatives were some days being given only 3 towels, and the noisy people above us on our last night. All in all, we had a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were a family group including children and were on a road-trip to Los Angeles and San Diego. At both places we had chosen Staybridge Suites for suitability & convenience. The accomodation of two separate bedrooms with bathrooms, a kitchennete and a sitting room was just right for us. The best part was that apart from a full-spread breakfast, on several days there was an evening meal - a different type each day - plus beer/wine/soft drinks on the house! There was a swimming pool, which we did not find time to use. We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay and would highly recommend Staybridge Suites for both short or extended stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

First, I need to say that all in all - I really like Staybridge Suites in general. It fits my family just right. We need clean space in a safe neighborhood and we love to go on long and short hop vacations. I have come to really appreciate the breakfast too....

Second - I can not say enough about the Torrance location. Really. I came in from a long travel day with kids where everything was tough - flight was late, airline crushed luggage, rental car was not right, kids were tired and cranky, etc. We got to the Staybridge and Sara took care of us. OMGosh I can not tell you what a change in our day! Thank you Sara!!! She was so friendly, full of smiles, and really went the extra mile to make sure our family was taken care of. She was amazing! Then our room - we have stayed here before and liked it a lot (we came back!) - but wow. I love the rennovated rooms. Absolutely beautiful and comfortable. So that would be enough, right? Well, there was more. The manager's mixer was great! The fellow in charge of the dining area is the same as last time we were here and he is always meticulous and so friendly.

We are here right now and I have to give the 5 stars +. If there was an ueber awesome I would give it to the Torrance Staybridge and I will always come back. For a family vacation or romantic getaway in Los Angeles - you have to rent a car anyway - I would absolutely recommend the Staybridge Suites as the perfect value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family