After an amazing stay at Staybridge Reno, I choose the Torrance location during a weekend trip to L.A. The location is in a business area and a bit dark not easy to find unless you know the area or have directions. Upon arrival the customer service was excellent, the front desk staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. The hotel has a condo like set up it is multi level and I did not notice an elevator, we had a ground room so that was not an issue. The lights controlled by the switch by the door are very dim and you have to walk in a dark room searching for additional lights. The first thing I noticed was a strong sweaty gym locker room smell. I called the front desk and my room was changed immediately. The next room we were moved to had a slight order but it was late and we were tired. You can hear everything that happens outside all night I heard people going up and down the stairs. There were people walking by talking loudly at 2,3,4 in the morning. Sleep was not possible (I am not a light sleeper). The following morning my son complained of the noise (he sleeps thru most things). The noise was not the only issue, the pillows smelled like sweat and the bathroom had questionable stains. We were originally scheduled for 2 nights but I requested my reservation be canceled for the 2nd night. The front desk clerk did not charge me for early departure and apologized for the incident. He discounted the previous night ($12.00) after a sleepless night a bit more seemed appropriate but at least he was polite therefore I was fine with the resolution. If the property invests in better windows the property has potential. The layout of the room is family friendly. The location is near restaurants and a park. As of now, I can not recommend you to stay here unless you take your own pillows and can sleep thru loud noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome home to the Staybridge Suites Torrance, an all-suite property offering a resort style atmosphere located in the heart of the South Bay. Our central location near the 405, 90, and 110 freeways, as well as both the Long Beach and Los Angeles International Airports, make us the perfect accommodation for your corporate, leisure or extended stay needs. Our guest suites have a villa-type feel and offer fully equipped kitchens, separate bedrooms, DVD players, and free high-speed Internet. You will also enjoy our daily buffet breakfast, our mid-week manager receptions, the heated outdoor pool and Jacuzzi, BBQ grills, fitness and business centers. These complimentary amenities are our way of saying Thank You for your business. At the Staybridge Suites, you are just minutes from the Redondo, Hermosa and Manhattan Beach communities. Take a quick jaunt up the Pacific Coast Highway and enjoy Venice, Marina Del Rey and the Santa Monica Pier. We are also convenient to the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA, the nations most complete training facility for Olympic, amateur and professional athletes. The Long Beach Aquarium, the LA Harbor World Cruise Center as well as the popular Del Amo Fashion Center and South Bay Galleria are nearby. Here for business? Experience why we are the preferred hotel for Honda, Toyota, Exxon, Northrup Grumman, Boeing and Lockheed Martin. Staybridge Suites is a proud member of the elite and award winning Priority Club Rewards loyalty program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Torrance reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Torrance Hotel Torrance
- Torrance Staybridge Suites