“Great for an extended stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Torrance

Staybridge Suites Torrance
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Portland, Oregon
“Great for an extended stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip and I chose this hotel over another because it had a kitchen and free laundry facilities. The newly remodeled rooms are tastefully decorated and quite comfortable. The grounds are quite large and have a nice pool, hot tub & BBQ area. The staff were always very nice and professional. The hot/cold breakfast items were really great. The food options for the evening receptions didn't move me. I'd check them out and head out for something else. My only complaint... They have the WORST toilet paper. I know that sounds weird, but seriously you could read a newspaper through it. Other than that, it was a great place for an extended stay.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We decided to book at this hotel again, as it was convenient to a location we were doing some work in the area over the weekend. Check-in was a breeze (although upon entering the building we did notice the entire breakfast area quartered off due to renovations). The kind desk clerk was quick to note that our suite, along with the rest of the suites had just been renovated and that we'd enjoy the 'new look'.

Upon getting into our suite, I was floored by the stunning renovations within the suite. The first thing that stood out were the 2 32" Panasonic LCD HDTVs (Living Room & Bedroom). The reason they stood out, other than being HD sets, was that this is one of the extreme very few hotels I've stayed at where the HDTV actually has True HD (Not stretched out SD on an HD set). I was able to enjoy the College Football Games on TV in full HD. While this might not be of importance to most, those who chose to stay at this property on an extended basis might enjoy knowing they can watch TV in HD, be it the living room or bedroom (Should you get a 1 or 2 bed suite).

Amongst other renovations within the suite, the new sectional couch with chaise, which is a huge upgrade from the old 1970s couch they used to have LOL. The section lets you either sit down to watch TV or lay down on the end on the chaise. They also took away the center table that used to be in front of the couch and replaced it with 2 small cushioned cubes that serve as both a table or can be used to sit on.

Of major importance to most, is the fact that they also installed new carpeting, to match with the new look. Walls were repainted, and the entire livery has been changed, with new framed pictures.

The bedroom was also re-done, with an awesome bed and wooden accent base as well as new lamps to compliment the new look. The bed was extremely comfortable and certainly allowed for some great sleep. I should mention that the new sectional in the living room also has a pull out couch, thus you have that option as well should you need an extra bed.

The kitchen was also renovated, albeit a minor one, the areas below the cabinets on both sides were re done with marble finish.

Overall, the Staybridge Suites were efficient and very much a great overall renovation, which was much needed. We certainly will be staying at this location again for our future hotel needs in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and on this stay I was upgraded which was Awesome!!! I loved it! Everything about this stay was Perfect..first I was able to check in early thanks to the wonderful Front desk clerk Meeta then she told me I was upgraded but when I got to my room I was speechless the room was beautiful and very spacious and I loved all the new upgrades. My family was actually sad that we were only staying one night we would have loved to stay at least 2 more nights it was home away from home. The breakfast was great it didn't even matter if it was under renovations because the hotel had everything in order.
P.S. I am an employee of IHG and an Assistant Manager of my property so when it comes to pointing out everything wrong at another property I do but I absolutely couldn't find anything wrong here. And I am bragging about your hotel to all my staff and we are going to learn from you especially on upgrading employees to suites. I used to stay at the Holiday Inn on Vermont St. for the past 6 years when ever I go down to visit my family but I will only be staying with you from now on. Excellent job!!! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Second time staying, wonderful facility, in need of upgrading (which is happening now). Great rooms with kitchen, breakfast buffet, free car parking and staff very helpful. Will definitely recommend to friends and stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good: Nicely Remodeled Room Granite and Flat screens
Good Water Pressure
Dishwasher
Pool & Grounds
Freebies: Bfast everyday, Dinner 3 a week midweek with beer and wine...YEH!
Excellent Staff, very courteous.
Bad: Odd location
Still undergoing refurb, although this posed minimal problems for me.
Wow, that is all I can find bad.

Room Tip: Like most hotels, top floor keeps the pounding elephants From waking you up. Request a room with a p...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Winchester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here 2 days for a family wedding. After arriving around 1:00 am due to late flights into LAX, we were woken at 7:45 am with hammering & construction on the floor below our room. My family had to step over 5 gallon buckets & other construction materials to get to our room during the day. The workers were also tossing wood planks from the 3rd floor to the ground past our family as we climbed the stairs to our 2nd floor room. The parking capacity was also cut in half by construction trailers & materials, causing us to have to park on the opposite side of the complex. At the very least, the building our room was located in should have been closed off during this construction. I consider it extrememly inconsiderate for the hotel management to even put any guests anywhere around this construction. I voiced my displeasure to the front desk a couple of times. On check-out, a day early, the front desk clerk told me she had spoken with her supervisor and they were adding a night's stay of points to my Rewards account. It has been 3 & 1/2 weeks since leaving and my account was never credited with any points, other than the normal 2 nights' stay. This was our first stay at a Staybridge Suites...might have been our last.
Better check to make sure construction is complete if you want any chance of a decent stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank LittleBigMac
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Torrance, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear LittleBigMac,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
dutchess county, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This place is GORGEOUS and has all the comforts of home.
My husband and I stayed for a week and the rest of our family is staying an additional week as I write this review. When we booked, we were advised that construction was going on at the hotel. One early morning, around 7, we woke to the sound of hammering. We spoke with the front desk and the manager about this and we were promptly relocated to another area of the hotel. The front desk clerk was courteous and super friendly and I am mad at myself I cannot remember her name.

Room Tip: Away from the construction if possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
BEST WESTERN PLUS Avita Suites
#2 of 20 in Torrance
4.5 of 5 stars 382 reviews
Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina

Been to Staybridge Suites Torrance? Share your experiences!