“Nice refurbished comfortable suites”

Staybridge Suites Torrance
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Stayed for one night on stopover before joining a cruise at LA Harbour. Excellent service in lobby and nice spacious accomodation. Nice and near local shopping mails if your a Brit looking to spend sometime shopping, as we were. Go to the Galleria, it has by far the best shops. (2/3 miles away) The hotel is in it's own grounds on the edge of a business park (offices not industrial) Reception very friendly and helpful. Room we were told had recently been refurbished and was good. Own kitchen area, nice and clean and good equipment. Lounge with settee in front of television. This led through double doors to the double bedrom and then through to own wash area and toilet/shower room. Clean all round. I've stayed in LA before on holiday/vacation and wish I had found this place then, it would be a perfect pad for a week or more stay.
We used it the one night but enjoyed the experience, definately go back again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 18, 2008

I've been to many Staybridges, this won't be one i'll visit again.

The cons:
Smelly stale room
Old nasty furniture.
Hard old bed.
Huge area of mildew in shower (they DO clean these, right?)
Non Functional Internet (250k down, whee 5x analog modem)
No trays for breakfast (impress your friends with a balancing act!)

The pros:
There was a little shelf for my razor in the shower, hurray!

I actually cancelled the next day, and the week I was going to stay here. I can see they are working on renovations, that would be why I couldnt find a spot in the parking lot with all their trailers.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank FredGarvin666
Reviewed October 19, 2007

Good location for business trip to Torrance. Clean rooms, fair price and very good breakfast provided.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2007

We stayed here for a couple days in early October. I have family in the Palos Verdes area and it was convenient for that. We checked in after a long travel day and notorious LA traffic and it was nice to come into a lobby with munchies. The lobby has a snack spread Tuesday through Thursday - nothing fancy and I believe there is a different theme each night. Ours was crackers, cheese, chips, dip, wine, and other drinks. It hit the spot before dinner.
We got to the room and were very impressed. It is a great size with a full kitchen, bedroom, living area, dressing area, bathroom, small dining area, and large closet. Very clean and comfortable! There is a great pool and hot tub near the lobby - there is also a picnic area equipped with a huge stainless steel grill. Also in the lobby, there are frozen dinners, snacks, and drinks for sale.
The breakfast buffet is impressive - cereal, eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, fruit, juice, coffee, pastries...anything you can think of. There is a nice eating area with a big screen TV.
We went to Universal Studios one day and itis not close to that at all - it's a good 40 miles away on jam packed freeways. But, it is fairly close to the airport - maybe 20 minutes away.
I would absolutely stay here again! It was comfortable, clean, had great services, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blr0408
Reviewed February 9, 2007

I loved this hotel! The room was very nice, pretty large! The furniture is nice and new. Stylish. The beds were TOTALLY comfy with above average bedding!! Room was really clean.

The hotel grounds itself are very beautiful. Landscaped, clean. All staff was nice.

The breakfast was goooood! Lots too choose from and actually TASTED good!

Very close to a really awesome shopping mall. Lots of good stores and restraunts there!

Kitchen was pretty nice. Some older appliances but they do the job! And they were very clean.

The only bad things I would say are
1) Lighting in the bathroom is horrible!
2) No elevator that I saw so it was hard lugging my suitcases, purse and laptop up the stairs.

AND FREE WI-FI!! Which was my favorite :) And worked all the time.

About 20-30 Minute drive to Disneyland.

Would def stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank crxsicutie
Reviewed February 4, 2007

I've been working in Torrance since Sept 06 and this is only my second week staying there. Both rooms I've had are in perfect shape with clean white walls. The kitchen appliances all look brand new and work great. They include a free hot breakfast 7 days a week (not 5 like elsewhere), and even a free (albeit cheap) dinner Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays (who does THAT? No one!)

I know I finally found the best deal in town because there are H1Bs everywhere. The location is perfect for working at the nearby auto manufacturers' corporate offices.

Pros: Every room is literally a small condo. Full kitchen, dining area, living room, bedroom, bathroom, and walk-in closet. Free high speed Internet that actually works. Two tv's and a combo DVD/VCR, with aux inputs for my xbox. The complex actually resembles my own condo complex at home. Very "neighborhood-like" design.

Cons: The clientele can be shady because its such an excellent deal for the price. Loud music booming from cars and such. People partying in the center plaza. I never feel safe leaving my wife alone at hotels with outside doors. The steps can be annoying when you have luggage for two people staying a month. The sink is off the bedroom, not in the bathroom, so I don't like waking the wife when getting ready for work in the morning, and I hate standing on carpet instead of tile after a shower. If you need wireless Internet, bring a Linksys router and convert it yourself. I did and found someone else who did, too. Their pet policy is completely ridiculous. If you have a pet, they charge you $150 to change the carpets at checkout (fine), but they also force you to upgrade to 7-day housekeeping AND charge you $10/day for that forced housekeeping. Why are you going to charge me $70/week to clean up after my cat when I'm already going to pay to replace the carpets at the end anyway??

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank EasternPA
Reviewed May 1, 2006

We had a pleasant 5 night stay in March 06. Close enough to LAX after long flight, easy check-in and ample free parking. Plenty of room in large two room suite, decor a little tired but not a problem. Well equiped kitchen, suite had everything we needed, two bathrooms, 3 TV's, wireless internet access.
Staff very pleasant and helpful, requests followed up. Great complimentary breakfast with good variety every day.
Location although in industrial area was fine and quiet but no shops or restaurants within walking distance, just a few minutes by car though. Small store on site, also a small pool and sauna although we didn't get time to use it.
Ideally located to visit LA attractions, would be happy to stay here again. Book in advance for best value.

• Stayed: March 2006