“Superb!”

Miyako Hybrid Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here from 10-14 August 2012 and it was superb! The staff were absolutely fantastic, in particular the female Manager (originally from the UK) who chatted with us at length a number of times.

Our room was immaculate and had everything we could have wanted. Having previously travelled to this part of LA frequently a number of years ago the location was perfect for us. The freeway was a short distance away for our day trips North and South, and Thrifty Rental Cars were on Hawthorne Boulevard just a few blocks away.

We ate at the Japanese restaurant downstairs in the hotel and the service and food was fantatic.

I really cannot say enough about this hotel - it was the highlight and definitely the best of the 4 hotels we stayed in whilst in the USA.

Thank you to the Miyako team - you are superb!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KathrynAuckland
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear KathrynAuckland,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled that you came so far to stay with us and that you had a memorable stay. Our staff truely go above and beyond to ensure the best customer service for every one of our guests and we are happy that you experienced this.

We are honored to have been your highlight and hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Had to go to Torrance for business and was told about this hotel. Clean beautiful rooms, extremely helpful staff, well taken care hotel and Awesome Breakfast buffet with everything offered. anytime I go back I will stay here...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dyoun
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear dyoun,
Thank you so much for your comments. We are thrilled that you chose Miyako Hybrid for your business accomodations and very happy that you were referred to us! Our staff are meticulous in every way, from the housekeeping team to the front line staff and we are very happy to hear that you experienced the top notch service and enjoyed the breakfast offerings.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while visiting Hermosa Beach and Santa Monica. I chose this hotel based upon outstanding Trip Advisor reviews. I would not have stayed in Torrance had it not been for those favorable reviews and I was not disappointed. The only downside was that the horrible LA traffic made visiting my beach destinations much more difficult than I had anticipated. Nevertheless, the trade-off between closer proximity and an excellent hotel stay for a reasonable price made my stay at the Miyako definitely worth it.

My room was on the top floor. I was in an executive king room facing towards San Pedro and the Long Beach harbor. The view was nice and the small balcony with a sliding glass door was a plus for fresh air when I wanted, though the in-room air conditioning controls worked great and let me chill the room nicely at night for sleep.

I was travelling on a touring motorcycle with a fair amount of luggage. Guests cannot cart in their own luggage at this hotel, but the bellman was very nice accompanying me out to the self-park lot and waiting while I unpacked. The desk staff was extremely gracious. I received a call shortly after checking in asking if everything was OK. I told them I found someone's leftover pastry in the refrigerator and the response was a swift visit by two individuals who removed the item and apologized for the oversight. I was impressed by such outstanding customer service throughout my stay.

The room itself was just great and reasonably sized. The bathroom with the deep soaking tub and the large shower area was fantastic and the bathroom amenities were top notch. I didn't use the toilet features but they are there if you need the heated seat or other add-ons. The internet connectivity in the hotel and in the room was excellent and fast. The large flat screen TV in the room had an ample selection of DirectTV stations to choose from. The refrigerator in the room was small but adequate. I requested a microwave which costs $35 for your stay for a small unit. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bedding was superb.

My room was very quiet. I had only a minor amount of hall noise coming through the door. Insulation from outside noise and adjoining rooms is excellent. The hotel is in an area of business parks (Toyota's sprawing complex is just down Western Avenue) with a Japanese grocery store and a Ralph's market right near by.

I would highly recommend this hotel. Next time I look forward to taking advantage of the spa facilities and the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank southwest_traveller9
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear southwest_traveller9,
Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you chose to stay at Miyako Hybrid and to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely apologize about the item left in the fridge, but am happy that it was taken care of immediately. Our team is truely dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service and creating memorable expreriences for our guests.
We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We LOVED! the hotel! Our only (minor) quibble was with the location. Not their fault of course, it was because of our unfamiliarity with LA. We were on a three night "never been to LA" whirlwind tourist trip and the hotel was a little remote from most of the attractions that we were interested in. Consequently we spent more time on the freeways than we would have liked.

The staff were extremely professional and very friendly. Service was excellent all around. The room was large, spotless, well appointed and the price was very fair. Very comfortable bed. Nice desk and internet workstation although we weren't there for business. The iPod dock was a nice little extra. The hotel had all the facilities you could need (although we didn't use the spa, restaurant or convenience store).

Self-parking was available but in short supply on the immediate property. There was a larger lot just across the street but the $8 valet fee wasn't a huge hardship all things considered.

If your travels take you to the Torrance area, stay at the Miyako Hybrid. We'd go back without hesitation.

Room Tip: Our floor (the fourth), didn't have an ice machine which necessitated an elevator trip to the fi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scooter157

Dear Scooter157,
Thank you so much for your review, we are thrilled that you came so far to stay with us and that you had an enjoyable time. Our staff are committed to providing the highest level of customer service to all of our guests. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our room amenities, we hope that you will visit us again and try our Spa and Restaurant.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I just got back from a whirlwind west coast trip. Flew from Boston to San Francisco for a meeting, then flew the same day to Los Angeles for a meeting the next day. We checked into Miyako Hybrid Hotel at about 9:00 PM after a long day of travel and meetings. From checking in to getting to the room it was friendly and efficient. The room was super clean and I loved the soaking tub and separate shower. I had a little trouble with the TV, which was tuned to Japanese channels. There was a good work area in the room with a comfortable and appropriate chair at the desk. Some hotels don't have good chairs for working, but Miyako does. Free wifi and free parking were appreciated. We ate at the restaurant the next night after we checked out, and it was delicious with very good service.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor, so I didn't have a balcony. I visited a room on the 6th floor and th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear dobrienma,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are delighted that you came so far to stay with us and you enjoyed your time at Miyako Hybrid. Our staff are committed to creating memorable experiences for all our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our guest room amenities.
We hope to see you return very soon and perhaps next time you could stay longer.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

After a couple of scary days in LA Korean town area during 4th of July week, my wife and I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights. The area was pretty quite and somewhat boring, but has a few charms around it.

Location wise, it is pretty close to nice beaches. Redondo beach is about 15 minute drive to the west, Long Beach is about 25 min down south. You can watch people fishing right off the pier, or huge seagulls stealing churo off of your hands, your call. Long beach has pretty nice inlet where you can do some kayaking or paddling.

Probably the largest Mituwa in the country is right adjacent to it. They have nice selection of descent Japanese food selections in the food court. In the old town, which is about 3 minutes drive, we dropped by a Brazilian place called "By". It was my first experience on Brazilian BBQ, and it was awesome. They have a couple of Brazilian beers in stock, if you like to try.

The room was very clean and I liked their bathtub and shower, since I did not have to worry about the wet floor because there was a drainage on the floor. Bathroom was nice and clean, just like they described on their web. One thing that surprised me was that I could open the entire window, which is prohibited by lots of other hotels.

Their lounge, japanese place, was not so impressive, though. Nigori sake, which is about 5 bucks in Safeway, was like 50 bucks. A rip off. But I guess what else do I expect for the hotel lounge, right?

Overall, my experience with Miyako hybrid was very much positive. You can expect nice and considerate services as well.

Room Tip: Rooms are pretty much the same. Choose at least above 5th floor for better privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Korean_traveler_chan,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We have a fabulous Housekeeping team that ensure the highest quality of cleanliness throughout the hotel and I am happy to hear that you experienced this. I apologize that you were dissapointed with the prices in the lounge and I will be passing your comments on to the restaurant management team.
We hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I wish I could give the Miyako Hybrid a "10."

I was skeptical of the consistently high ratings this place was receiving, until I stayed here. Simply beyond explanation. From the courtesy and professionalism of the front desk staff, to the comfortable rooms with spacious Japanese-style bathrooms, to the breakfast and the beer graden happy hour, this one really just has to be expereinced to be fully appreciated.

A great location for doing business with Toyota or Honda. And the Mitsuwa Market a stone's throw away is a nice plus. Convenient to the airport too!

Room Tip: Can't imagine there are any "stunning views" of Torrance from any side, but a room on...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear rwckennedy,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Miyako Hybrid and are honored that you would give us a 10! Our staff are truely committed to ensure all our guests have memorable experiences. Our bathrooms are one of our most talked about features and our location is convenient and close to many attractions and I am happy that you experienced this.
We hope that you return very soon.