“Another Great Stay @ Miyako Hybrid”

Miyako Hybrid Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My second stay the the Miyako Hybrid and it was my husband's first stay. He was impressed from the moment we checked in, early I might add at approximately 12 noon! We were upgraded to an Executive Suite from our original Executive King!! Spacious and immaculate as was the Deluxe room last year.
I would love to give a rating of 5 but the wi-fi in this end suite was intermittent and being that it was my birthday weekend, my daughter was planning to Facetime with me using our iPads...we had to end the Facetime and revert to a regular cell phone call. Slightly disappointing but the hotel staff was very diligent in attempting to improve our wi-fi service. There was also a slight mix-up in our spa reservation, but that error was immediately rectified by the spa management. MHH front desk extended our checkout to 1:00 due to the setback in our massage times.
We had three meals in Gonpachi and the only thing I noted, as I did last year, during the breakfast buffet is that when they run out of items in the pickled side dish area, the bowls are not replenished. We ate at 9:00 a.m and the buffet contined until 10:00 a.m. Staff did replenish the fish but overlooked the empty bowls of side dishes. It did take away from the full effect of a "Japanese breakfast."
Overall, we did have a wonderful second experience at MHH. This was my second annual spa weekend there with my older daughter who drives up from Del Mar.
Overall, we had a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Dear iTinKso,

First- Happy Birthday!! I apologize for any inconveniences, we have installed a second wifi service to speed up the wifi, but we will have final resolution shortly as we are installing fiber optics, which up to now have not been available. We are pleased that we were able to provide you a high level of guest service. We look forward to your next birthday!!
Sincerely, Cherie Davis

There are newer reviews for Miyako Hybrid Hotel

Reviewed June 30, 2011

About 25 minutes from downtown is the best hotel in LA for the price. If you are visiting LA for business or pleasure and if you want great service, excellent accomodations and a Japanese bathroom, this is the place for you. Free internet, awesome western and Japanese breakfast (cost in line with other top hotels), comfortable beds, and environmentally friendly. Great Japanese and Korean restuarants nearby. Right up the street from the 405. LAX is just 20 minutes away. The staff are wonderful! I have been here time and time again on both business and pleasure and can say that every single time, I have a 5 star hotel experience at a very reasonable cost. Best bang for your buck in LA!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ericraheem
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Dear Eric,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know about your experience with the Miyako Hybrid Hotel. It is so rewarding to our staff to hear that we are providing the hospitality and hotel that we strive to offer. We look forward to your return. Have a lovely holiday weekend.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I've stayed here 3 times now and I think it's great. The rooms are clean and stylish. The bathrooms even have the washlets popular in Japan. Great value. Will be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank kenhsiang
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Dear Ken,
Thank you for being such a loyal supporter!!! Have a great holiday weekend.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed here recently and we were impressed with the customer service and attention to detail. Our original room was upgraded to the "executive" level which are located on the top floor. These include the rain shower heads and a few extra amenities. Having never been to Japan this felt like a mini vacation! We walked to Mitsuwa Marketplace next door and had a nice quick ramen dinner before stocking up on groceries to take on our drive back home the next morning. Upon check in the staff was attentive and made sure to call our room to see if everything was as expected. The bed was so comfortable and the decor was pleasant and stylish. The room rate was reasonable for what we received. Our original plan was to stay in Redondo Beach to be closer to our appointment in the area but we're glad we chose the Miyako Hybrid Hotel. The Hotels in Redondo Beach quoted similar if not higher rates for a bland/generic experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SLODVM

Dear SLODVM,
We appreciate the time it takes to write a review and you have our gratitude. Should you have the time to visit the Torrance or SouthBay area again, we look forward to your return visit.
Best wishes,

Reviewed June 9, 2011

This hotel was supposedly 3 or 3.5 star. Honestly i've never had it so good. Very very friendly staff. Typical Japanese style extremely polite, extremely clean well presented hotel.

Bar was funky had a lot of locals in for drinks before a night out.

Room was very nicely kitted out, huge walk in shower style bathroom, with the japanese style toilets with tonnes of buttons... you know the joke.. so i was too scared to push any lol.

Would definitely stay in again if i visit LA.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Dear Ernald,
Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your experience. London isn't so far. We will hold a room for you anytime. Torrance is an up and coming destination. We now offer transportation to the beach, Del Amo Fashion Center and Redonda Beach Pier. Old Town Torrance is within walking distance. Let us know when you return, we'd love to say hello.

Cherie davis, General Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2011

The hotel gets its Hybrid name because the Toyota and Honda corporate campuses are within walking distance, and the Honchos visiting from Japan stay there. The service and the room was excellent. Beautiful Japanese bathroom and free Japanese television.
The spa has a Korean style stone sauna (extra). There is a Japanese supermarket complex next door, and lots of great restaurants nearby. The hotel restaurant is overpriced and a let down. I am comparing it to Japango at the Hyatt in La Jolla, near my place, which is really good, this Gonpachi felt it should be in a 1.5 Star hotel. Next time I stay, I will go to another restuarant or get some deli items at the Marukai Supermarket for 1/8th of the price.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Dear Hisa,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. You have our apologies for not meeting your expectation in Gonapchi. We always try to exceed expectations. Please contact me at cdavis@miyakohybridhotel.com. We would like to invite you and a guest back for dinner, complimentary. We hope to recover your opinion of Gonapchi.
CherieDavis

Reviewed June 2, 2011

I decided to stay at this hotel because I wanted to get a massage treatment from the spa located inside the hotel. The hotel was a pleasant surprise. I was upgraded to the Executive Suite upon arrival and got a phone call from the front desk within first 20 minutes making sure the room was to my liking.

The hotel stay comes with a 20% off coupon for the usage of spa which was also another pleasant surprise. The room and bathroom was extremely clean and modern... nothing to fault here. I also like that there is a refrigerator in every room so I can keep cold drinks and snacks. The hotel key electricity activation part was little tricky to get used to but liked the idea of being environmentally responsible.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Dear Ivsena,
We appreciate that you took the time to write about our hotel and spa. A staycation which includes a stay in our deluxe rooms and a spa visit is the South Bay area's best kept secret. Glad that you discovered it on your own! We look forward to seeing you again.
Cherie Davis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Downtown
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
#46 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Miyako Hybrid Hotel? Share your experiences!