“Thin walls, small rooms.”

Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed for 1 night at New Years Eve. We wanted a nice quiet hotel to have a lazy new years eve. This hotel looked good (recent renovation) so we stayed here. As it was New Years Eve it was busy, so we managed to get a queens suite (and paid more obviously). The room had all the facilities of a suite, but somehow squeezed into a normal room. It was difficult to get around it - whoever planned that room out should not be allowed to do it again. The walls are thin too. I can't blame the hotel for noisy neighbours but when we checked in the clerk made us sign a agreement not to be noisy, so it really irked me that the guy next door kept us awake with his sex sounds around 9pm and then wishing his friends in new york a happy new year at 10 and then again at midnight. I shouldn't be able to hear these things in a separate room and no one should have to hear a stranger make the noises I heard before going to bed. In the dark sometimes I can still hear the moans.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony H
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Avita Suites

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The accomodations were okay; however, the personel there were professional, helpful and accomodating. Having a free hot breakfast was really nice to start your day. I love that there was a little kitchenette there with a microwave and refrigerator helps if you want to heat up left over. The area is well-populated with restaurants and shops for convenience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2013

For visiting the City of Torrance, which is a thriving city just south of the City of Los Angeles and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the Torrance Best Western Avita Suites Hotel is a very good place to stay, to work and to relax. Plenty of stores and places to eat are nearby, because it is very close to the large Del Amo Fashion Square shopping center, which has been a major southern California shopping center for many years. The guest rooms are very nice, with walk-in showers, and kitchenettes with microwaves, coffee-makers and small refrigerators. The front desk staff will provide you with 2 bottles of water when you check in. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay again at this hotel if I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here back in August but this time I brought the kids (9 and 10 yr old) with me. Again this place was top notch and cant say anything bad. There were four of us in a two queen room and there was plenty of room.

The free breakfast was a hit with the kids especially the waffle maker. The breakfast is nothing fancy and kind of your typical little buffet. The scrambled eggs were not the best but for me it worked out nicely and was convienient.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a great hotel. Well worth the value. The Suite was well decorated and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good with a large variety to choose from. We will definiately stay here again when traveling in the Torrance, California area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel is so peaceful, and the staff welcomed me as if I was coming to stay at their home. Very warm and friendly, and they worked to make sure that I had everything that I needed. With the bed at my home I have been having problems with back pains upon waking up, however I had none of that when sleeping on the beds at the Best Western PLUS Avita Suites.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stay at this hotel each time we go to Torrance to visit our family. We stayed at a different hotel on one of our visits and were very disappointed. The next time, we were back at Best Western Avita Suites. The breakfast is varied with something for every appetite and the hostesses are great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
Staybridge Suites Torrance
Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn
Miyako Hybrid Hotel
Miyako Hybrid Hotel
#2 of 20 in Torrance
Residence Inn Los Angeles Torrance/Redondo Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Avita Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Avita Suites

Address: 3531 Torrance Boulevard, Torrance, CA 90503-4802 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Avita Suites)
Location: United States > California > Torrance
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#1 Business Hotel in Torrance
#1 Family Hotel in Torrance
#3 Romantic Hotel in Torrance
Price Range: $158 - $206 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Plus Avita Suites 2.5*
Brand New All Suites Hotel, Modern contemporary decor, Pillowtop beds,100% Non Smoking, Business Center with Printer/Fax/Copy, Fitness Center, Complimentary Full Hot Breakfast. Welcome Gift, Fresh Baked Cookies, and Bottled Water upon check in. Room Amenities include 32"Sharp LCD with DirecTV HDTV, In Room KEYPR Tablets, Wet Bar with Refrigerator & Microwave, Large Desk with Ergonomic Chair, Sofa, Dual Line Speaker Phones, Free Wireless and Wired highspeed internet, MP3 Clock radio player, Bath&Body Works toiletries, 250 count Linens, and DVD Player. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Avita Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Avita Hotel Torrance