“Noisy but clean hotel”

Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Honest review: Pros: Location in terms of accessibility, newer hotel, clean rooms, includes free wifi, parking and breakfast.

Issues: Noise. You have practically 3 choices of rooms....ones that face the side of a very noisy road even at night....with very very poor window noise insulation or you face the back of some ventilation systems that you look out to from your room or the ones that face the parking lot where the noise between the thin walls in unbearable. It was simply awful. All 3 floors in the hotel have some form of common guest high traffic areas (breakfast room, laundry room-open 24hrs and tiny gym room....people are talking loudly and you can hear very word spoken....very poor room to room wall noise insulation.

The staff was polite and professional...can't blame them, they can't do much in terms of improving the guest experience of noisy rooms...

Overall, if you are a light sleeper, I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Good luck with that!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bodhi M

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My family and I stayed here in June 7 for two nights. I I am a little late on this review. The stay was fantastic! The rooms were cozy and seemed new and updated.: Suite-2 Queen Beds, Non-Smoking, 32-Inch LCD TV, Wet Bar, Microwave And Refrigerator, Pillowtop Bed, Full Breakfast. I was in at two queen suite with a couch that turns into a bed. I think all the rooms are this way or most of them. I may be wrong though. The given shampoos and soaps in the rooms smelled great for a Best Western.The WiFi- worked good. I called the front desk to ask a few questions. My questions were answered! The breakfast was great and was good tasting. The lady serving the breakfast was friendly and working hard! I left a tip. I did not use the exercise or business center. The only downside was no pool. However, having no pool was not a big deal for my stay (Did rate Terrible because there is no pool). In the end a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: I do not think this Best Western has a pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

stayed here while getting work done on our home which was just a few blocks away so we were in and out of this place. We liked the hotel and would stay again. Everyone was very nice and helpful and specially the complimentary breakfast was good and so was the hospitality of the workers there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is either new or recently renovated. The rooms are modern and well appointed. There's a big desk and great lighting for working and even a magnifying mirror for makeup. The bed is comfy and the rooms are quiet. Breakfast is served on attractive china plates and there's a nice variety of real food. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Friendly and efficient staff through out the hotel. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. If I am in the area again I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I debated this location and hotel because I was unfamiliar with the Los Angeles area and wanted to make sure I was close to where we would be vacationing. This hotel was great. It was very clean, which was my major priority. They offered free Wi-Fi and parking. The daily breakfast (which included homemade waffles, bacon, sausage, bagels, toast {all varieties}, yogurt, fruit, granola, milk and juices) was an added bonus. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The first thing my husband wanted when we landed in LA was some "authentic" Mexican food, Mericio (spelling) at the front desk not only recommended a good location, but printed the directions off for us even after we told him we had a GPS. They also provided a coin operated laundry room, which was convenient. I was able to return from my vacation without having to worry about doing laundry. The location of the hotel to the LA, Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan and Long Beach areas was great. We found this hotel to be a gem!!! We would stay here again and recommend this hotel for our friends and family. The only thing was missing was a pool, but who needs a pool when you have the beaches of California at your doorsteps.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jill G
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel is tucked away with several others on Torrance Boulevard, but check it out. Our suite was huge for a hotel room. And the cost was very reasonable. We had a nice size living room area that had a sectional sofa, flat-screen TV and writing desk. At one end of this space was a full sink, microwave and small refrigerator. And tons of storage space if you need it. The bedroom was separated from the rest of the unit and had its own flat-screen. The bathroom was clean and well-equipped with the usual complimentary items. We really enjoyed our stay, and would book again on our next trip to the South Bay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business