I occupied a standard studio room for one week.
The hotel is located within walking distance (10 minutes) of the Del Amo Fashion Mall.
The room door opened into a kitchenette area with microwave, stainless steel sink, coffee maker and refrigerator. Next was a good sized work desk and office chair and a comfortable seating area. The furniture was dark wood and the furnishings (bedspread, seating) in grey material. This gave a rather gloomy appearance to the room. An individual air conditioning unit was located at floor level beside the window.
The hand basin was located outside of the bathroom in a wooden storage cabinet. The bathroom featured tub/shower combination and toilet.
Serve yourself breakfast is available on the 2nd Floor. There was a reasonable choice of items on offer: cereals, juices (poor quaility & watery), tea, coffee, fruit, yoghurts etc as well as two waffle machines, which made excellent waffles. There was also bacon, hash browns etc, which were stone cold on the two occasions I tried them.
There were some good things about the hotel and other things less good.
First, the good:
• Excellent, very pleasant staff.
• High standard of housekeeping. The rooms were maintained in spotless condition.
• Modern, touch-with-card room key.
• Very comfortable queen size bed.
• Reasonable rates.
• Entirely non-smoking establishment.
• Complimentary wi-fi.
• High quality flat screen TV.
• Hotel is located in a safe area.
And the not-so-good:
• Thin walls. One night I was woken (and kept awake for several hours) by the occupant of the next room snoring.
• The toilet was not firmly attached to the floor and rocked when you sat on it.
• There was no stopper in the hand basin, consequently wasting a lot of water.
• The room overlooked two parking lots, which were lit at night. The windows of the room had wooden shutters, which were inadequate for darkening the room. Opposite the window and to the left of the bed, a mirrored closet resulted in the room not being dark whichever way you turned in bed.
• Despite there being a kitchenette in the room there was no provision of cups, plates, cutlery etc. Guest Services was unable to provide any explanation for this omission.
If I were to stay in Torrance again I would be happy to stay at the Best Western Plus Avita Suites. The good things listed above were very good. I would, however, equip myself with some ear plugs and an eye mask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New All Suites Hotel, Modern contemporary decor, Pillowtop beds,100% Non Smoking, Business Center with Printer/Fax/Copy, Fitness Center, Complimentary Full Hot Breakfast. Welcome Gift, Fresh Baked Cookies, and Bottled Water upon check in. Room Amenities include 32"Sharp LCD with DirecTV HDTV, In Room KEYPR Tablets, Wet Bar with Refrigerator & Microwave, Large Desk with Ergonomic Chair, Sofa, Dual Line Speaker Phones, Free Wireless and Wired highspeed internet, MP3 Clock radio player, Bath&Body Works toiletries, 250 count Linens, and DVD Player. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Best Western, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Avita Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Avita Hotel Torrance
- Best Western Torrance