“Must Stay!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
San Jose, California
“Must Stay!!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed last week at a Best Western in SF and have to say there is a night and day difference. The Avita Suites are the best Best Western stay that I have ever had!! The front counter person was awesome with responsiveness and gave exceptional service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Avita Suites from June 29th - July 1st and we were so impressed. My wife and kids loved everything about the property. The hotel staff was excellent. Every time you walked in the door they smiled and said hello and asked if everything was okay. The Manager - Mike - was a pleasure. The hotel really operates and feels like an upscale brand. I'm not sure the age of the hotel but it looks and feels like it is brand new. The rooms were in excellent condition and very spacious. The breakfast was the best that we have had in a hotel - and it was included with the room. We would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the LA area and look forward to going back. Thank you to everyone at the hotel for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Riverside, California
Reviewed July 17, 2012

A reasonably priced place to relax near the beaches of South Bay. The beach towns of Manhatten, Hermosa, Redondo and Torrance are very close with their wide range of bars and restaurants and of course the excellent sandy beaches. I will stay there again in the near future. The rooms are appointed very well and clean and well maintained,

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I needed to be close to Torrance Memorial Hospital on July 13, 2012 since I was going to be an outpatient there. I was told not to drive home and to rest overnight by the medical staff. I had made sure the day before that the hotel rooms have windows that you can open for fresh air as I have allergie. Also, wanted to make sure I could leave my car in the parking lot in the AM so I could check in later in the day during check in time. Mauricio, the day time desk attendant was very nice and told me not to worry about my car. The evening attendant, Greecia was just as nice and helpful. (They are a brother and sister - very polite and very courteous). The hotel was superclean, the AC was great and so was the window - very quiet at night even though Torrance Blvd is busy. Free buisness center is great. My room had two queen beds and was a very nice size. I am sensitive to artificial scents and the room was lightly sented, but aired out nicely with the open window. Only complaint was breakfast - No fresh eggs or oatmeal. Oatmeal is instant out of the self open package. I just had the coffee. Overall, I had a great stay. I already recommended this place to my relatives back east.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have only showers with an indented seat and other rooms have a bath/shower combo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Calgary, AB
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Being that we were doing a road trip, we did not have any prebooked hotels. I just had a list in each city where we would possibly stop. We chose Torrance because my best friend lives there and we wanted to be close to them.
We arrived late, about 930 pm from our road trip in the Sequoia National Park. Wasn't sure we would get a room...this hotel had great reviews in tripadvisor, so it was our first choice since we've been staying at BW during our trip anyway. The lobby again smelled like a spa, a welcome comfort after a long day ;) I asked the receptionist and he said they were almost fully booked, (this was a Sunday night) the only room available was the handicap room situated near the elevators, the laundry room and computer room. We were tired....exhausted, I should say after a whole day of driving and hiking among the trees, so we took it. We weren't sure how long we were staying anyway. The room was great, a little smaller, but it was fine. It had the kitchenette, the refrigerator, the tv and the comfortable bed, and most importantly, it was clean.
We ended up staying here for 6 days since our plans to go to San Diego did not pan out.. I had to book each additional day when we got back to the hotel. On our last two nights, the lady at the reception desk said they were fully booked for the next few days and we could not possibly extend, so we booked at the Marriott across the street. It would have been a hassle to move as we had about 3-4 hrs wait between check out and check in time. Just happened to say "too bad you guys are fully booked and we have to move. I would have preferred to stay." The guy in reception checked and informed us that they weren't. He,too, was wondering why we were told they we're full. We ended up staying, good thing I could cancel my other booking before 6 pm. We stayed in a different room this time...just for a change. We were surprised to see the difference in size from our first room. But I still prefer our first one. Only because when it was time to go to bed, the sheets weren't changed ( I think because they were wrinkled, had hair on them, even on the pillows!!!) so I called reception, she came and brought a sheet, but I got her to come in and showed her how the pillows had hair too and stuff, so I asked her if we could change everything. She obliged, said sorry for the inconvenience... I said I didn't mind changing them myself since she said she was by herself.
Except for that minor set back, our overall stay here was great. The breakfast was very good, the same stuff but very good service. The one time I asked if I could bring my waffle and coffee to the room because I was all alone, she said no, but came to me a few seconds later and said okay, as
long as I brought the plate back, which I did.
We washed our laundry too, which was actually great since it only costs a dollar to wash and seventy five cents to dry...which was even too much as our clothes were dry way before the cycle was done.
We had a great stay at this hotel and now I know where to stay next time we visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Avita Suites, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
On behalf of everyone at the Best Western Avita Suites, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. Here at the Best Western we strive to keep bedding free of any hair, we have different methods in order to try and maintain this with all our clean bedding. I am sorry for the incident that occurred during your stay regarding the bedding and miscommunication. We look forward to you visiting our property again.
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel property had great room suites for the price. The room was clean, clean, clean. I couldn't believe this BW property does not allow pet and no smoking which was my decision in
making reservations here. Also, you can get two queen beds instead of two double beds that other competitors were offering at a higher cost. The property is about 5 miles in from the 405
freeway which can be troubling when you want to get to the hotel or freeway quickly but during the weekends it was no problem. But the good thing is that it is close to Costco with a gas station, King's Hawaiian Bakery & Restaurant, and one of the largest shopping mall (Del Amo Fashion Center) which is the second largest mall in the United States.

Overall the hotel is clean and also small but quaint. The front desk was small but the person who is working there can see anyone that comes in. There is a flat panel monitor on a wall that
had Sigalert which you can interact with to see Los Angeles' real time freeway travel conditions. What I like is the elevator access to the rooms. In a way this is additional security to not allow anyone immediate access to the rooms.

The variety of breakfast items were very good but the quality was just ok. If you want a good breakfast you might want to consider some place else. Just getting a cup of coffee is also undesirable. Even though Starbucks and McDonalds is ok with their coffee, spend the time
to go there instead of getting a BW's brewed cup of coffee. You'll thank me for this, I'm sure, if you are brave enough to try it.

I would definitely stay here again if I am in Torrance, Ca and I must say I thought the cost of the hotel was a comfortable price to pay for the room. So I rate this a 9 out of 10, excluding the breakfast.

I do like pets too.

Room Tip: All rooms are above the second floor, and entry is only made through the lobby. If you use common s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank alohawailea
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I unfortunately needed to find a place to stay for an extended length of time because my Grandma was in critical condition at a hospital in Torrance. After doing a little research online I found this little "gem" of a hotel! The location was perfect as it was quick and easy to get to from the airport while being close to the hospital, 405 freeway and loads of good restuarants. I knew I was going to be doing work while I was out there so the business center and free wifi was very convienient. When I arrived to the hotel I was kindly greeted and checked into a modern, well-designed suite that made my stay very pleasant. I am a little OCD when it comes to cleanliness so I really appreciated how immaculate my suite was and also how comfortable the bed was. The compliementary hot breakfast buffet was a nice perk as well. When I visit my Grandma I will definately stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn
Miyako Hybrid Hotel
Miyako Hybrid Hotel
#2 of 20 in Torrance
Residence Inn Los Angeles Torrance/Redondo Beach
Staybridge Suites Torrance

Been to Best Western Plus Avita Suites? Share your experiences!