During our 6 night stay at bounty island we felt cheated as we were paying alot of money for the accommodation in the private bure and also 78 fijian dollars per person per day for "buffet food and drinks". However, bounty island doesnt provide drinking water. Their tap water that they attempted to serve us at meal time is filtered sea water so tasted like plain salt water and had small bits of seaweed in it. Not only does it taste horrible it upsets your stomach. We approached staff about this problem and you get told to go and buy bottled water from the bar. We then find out that the staff all have a tank of fresh water in their rooms so how are we supposed to drink this water if the staff obviously cant?! Apart from this, the food is okay just very repetitive and left overs from the meals before, rooms are right on the water and are clean and majority of the staff are lovely people as fijian people are. But the resort is run by an American man who is very shady and hangs around smoking and drinking non stop who pretended the water was only salty because of a storm the night before we arrived but it never got better and as it turns out the water has always been filted sea water at bounty island. Would have been a great experience if it wasnt for this water problem. Honestly goes along way! How hard can it be to give everyone free bottled water or have tank water for every one not just give it under the table to people who complain that is not fair for all of your other visitors. Fix this problem bounty and I can assure you, you would do alot better and be a very popular place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bounty Island Resort 'Jewel of the Mamanucas' One of Fiji's most laid back islands and closest island resorts to the mainland, we are conveniently located 8nm from Denarau or Vuda Marina's in the Mamanuca Group of islands. A short road journey to either marina and a 25 minute boat ride is all that' required before reaching our tropical paradise. Alternatively helicopter transfers are available. The island offers 48 acres of untouched tropical gardens surrounded by golden sandy beaches, clear pristine waters and a marine reserve that provides spectacular snorkelling. We are also home to the largest semi submersible in the world, the 18m long Seaview, which resides off our shores year round providing a fantastic tour around the reef. Tropical WaterSports, our in house water sports provider, are also the only operators in Fiji with the new water sport 'Fly boarding'. Bounty Island Resort offers fantastic, affordable accommodation. Our resort is ideal for every traveller, setting the standard for the Fiji Islands in low cost accommodation guests can choose from a variety of room types from basic dormitories to private bures to suit any budget, all of these set in lush, tropical, landscaped gardens. Lay back, kick your shoes off and chill out at this truly relaxing natural island paradise. The magnificent views across the pristine South Pacific make this the ideal place to relax. The pool area is the popular meeting spot for guests and home to the 'Village Cruiser' bar where our talented bar staff can mix you up an Island cocktail or maybe just a cappuccino. Your stay comes with an island atmosphere, camaraderie, and friendships that last a lifetime. At Bounty Island Resort there is so much to do. Snorkelling equipment is complimentary to our in-house guests and Tropical WaterSports also operate a PADI certified Dive Shop and as well as Scuba diving also offer Fishing, Kayaking, SUPing (Stand Up Paddleboards), Flyboarding, Guided Snorkelling and Water-skiing/Wake-Boarding. Bounty Island is also ideal for conference and other group tours. Our Chiefly 'Bure Kalou' can hold 200 guests theatre style and group/team building activities are our speciality. Of course catering is available and we have 6 covered, open sided bures on the beach where you can admire the views whilst being served your food. Enjoy a warm, friendly, personalized and affordable tropical island experience at Bounty Island Resort!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bounty Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bounty Island Hotel Mamanuca Islands
- Bounty Island Mamanuca Islands