All reviewsbeachfront burefishair conmeal planday tripbaby turtlesother resortspaddle boardingspent nightswater sportsbuffet styledorm roombreakfast and lunchhigh tidecoral reeffiji timetable tennis
Reviewed April 22, 2011

nice bure-right on the beach, beach was not what we imagined, nice sandy beach.... nop not at all---the beach was full of seeweed and the staff couldnt manage to claen it up, just a little but the little was almost nothing so the beach was dirty as...
the staff was very unfriendly, we ask for another flat sheet and the answer of the housekeeping lady was: i dont give u anything , we r not washing our laundry on the island and i wont get any new sheet until the end of the week. the was she ws talking was really rude. the same for the bar staff, we ask for some cocktails and wanted big daddy to explain us wahts inside but he couldnt bother cuz he wanted to play pool and didnt want to get disturbed. all in all : there r heaps islands where u can go and get more for the holidays u pay for it! for example beach combo, really friendly staff and the food is a way better and more choice

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We had an amazing stay at bounty island over the new year period 2010/11! Arriving, we weren't sure what to expect in our beachfront bure, but were pleasantly surprised to find air conditioning and an extra bed. (the room had specified no air con and only one double bed). The room was a little run down but exceptionally clean and presentable. It was definitely getting what you pay for but we were really stoked! We were literally 5-10 meters from the water depending on the tide and had a lovely shady hammock right outside our bure. The beach was great, a few rocks and bits of coral but that's standard for Fiji anyway and it miles better than denerau. We had a storm one night, and the following day they even had someone clearing everything that had washed up on the beach. The food was pretty good, lots available at the buffet lunch and breakfasts and always really nice dinners. The only thing I will say is that it got a little repetitive, but their average say is two nights and they do what they do well so we didn't mind too much. All the staff were amazing with the typical Fijian hospitality. Stay clear of the English dive instructor though, he's a complete sleaze and unproffesional, especially considering that he's often guiding people through first time dives. The reef is excellent, not so much in terms of coral, but there are heaps of awesome fish so it's definitely worth a snorkel or a dive. The pool and bar area is nice, the pool is small but the ocean is beautiful so we spent most of our time there. The bar is always fun at happy hour, and not too expensive for Fiji prices. Socially, everyone that was there while we were were always keen for a chat. And new years eve was a blast with the staff making a real effort for everyone to have a special night. I highly recommend bounty island!

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank op9876
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Together with my wife we spent 4 nites on bounty island just before christmas.We paid $518nzd for the stay plus transfers
overall it was great it is only 2star and that is what the bures are but as other reviews have said beachfront and snorkeling are great
we had no problem with the food i actually thought some off the meals were quite good considering it was included in the price
I would not want to pay the rack rate which is around 250 or 260 a nite
We were looking for a hut under a coconut tree on the beach with no little rugrats running around and that is what bounty island is.I would go back and stay again but only if the price is similar to what we paid. If you are looking for 4 or 5 star its not for you

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rossdd
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed in Bounty Island as we had a short time in Nadi and didn't want to spend time travelling to one of the other islands. It took just over 30 minutes from Denarau port and we were on the beach by 10am. It is a very small island with friendly staff. The cost of stay includes food which was fine and we had a great stay. The happy hour was very good with reasonable prices for the cocktails. Vinaka.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank HamzahPasha
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I did a day trip out to Bounty Island (we were staying near Port Denerau)
It was amazing, the weather was perfect, we went snorkelling and generally hung out at the beach the whole day. You must also visit the turtle pond!!

Now for the bad side. I got the WORST food poisoning of my life from the lunch they served. DO NOT EAT THIS FOOD. It must have been sitting in the sun for I don't know how long, it looked very tired, there were flies on top of the meats and salads. Hygiene/food handling definitely needs improvement.

Luckily I was staying at the Westin where a 24/7 medical service was available, I had to be hospitalised for severe dehydration, put on a drip, and given pethidine for pain relief. This all cost a LOT of money (the particular call out service was not covered by travel insurance), and as you can imagine, ruined the entire holiday. I was sick for several weeks on my return home. Please don't eat the food here. I am just grateful that I was not staying on the island, as medical help would not have been readily available.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends