“Dog friendly pub”
Review of The Sorn Inn

The Sorn Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sorn B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friend and i went to the sorn inn on the way home from our holidays. We stopped in as there website said dogs were welcome in the bar and i'm happy to say they are.They gave the dogs water and treats which was much appreciated. Our food was lovely and they also do small portions which was enough for us at lunch time. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This review should have been written after our first or second visit, however after a third and equally fantastic visit and over night stay, I really had to put my thoughts in writing.

The Sorn Inn, is a fantastic venue for family meal, romantic meal, large group or even a solo lunch. Food is exceptional, great tasting and superb value for money with great produce. Wine list is fantastic with a new addition "Chocolate Box" being amongst our favourites.

We always get a great welcome, treated like regulars and this was even on our first visit last year.

On this particular visit, we decided to stay over night so we did not drive back to Glasgow, and we asked for a large room, and the room we got (Piper Suite) was perfect. Large, spacious, clean, beautifully decorated and we also had our own wee sitting area. Perfect room for travelling with a small child. We did bring our own travel cot, not sure if they had any, so maybe check before you go.

We enjoyed a fantastic 4 course (cheese and desert) and lovely wine, in a relaxed, comfortable setting with great service from all.

The following morning we enjoyed a fantastic breakfast with home made marmalade and jam, and great conversation with one of the proprietors (George Grant).

This is a venue worthy of Michelin recognition - consistently great.

Have been and will continue to recommend to everyone!

Room Tip: Piper Suite - Enough Said
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Family members have stayed here a few times and have raved over their stay and meals. Having recently stayed for two weekend nights recently, I can now understand why they all enjoyed it so much. Food was excellent (thanks Craig), as we're the service and after care (my daughter left her favourite Teddy their, and George has kindly sent him back to us).

The cooked breakfast is truly outstanding, whilst using some quality local produce.

All meals taken in the evening were also nothing short of outstanding. Craig's marriage of ingredients, choice and modest modern presentation were a true delight, and complimented a wonderfull stay.

Thanks to ALL the staff.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We visited the Sorn Inn for 2 nights in June to break the journey to the Highlands - a good position for this. The staff were very welcoming and friendly without being too over the top. The room was lovely and the food was excellent with good choices.
Our dog also had a very warm welcome but if you are dog-free they use a designated bedroom for those with dogs.
It is in a good position on the Ayr valley Way and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The food is simply awesome. The steak was bursting with flavour and as melting as butter, the fish was perfect. Not many places live up to the expectations engendered by the reviews, but this surpassed them easily. A must visit.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My friends had been at the Sorn Inn and recommended it for a meal. I decided my partner should treat us to an overnight stay and I'm so pleased we visited.

The staff are informal, which I really liked. The check in went well and we were shown to our room. It was a bit on the small side but well equipped. I couldn't access the WiFi but as I was there for a romantic night that didn't matter. We had dinner, which was fantastic (I've reviewed it on the restaurant page) and had a few drinks after. Breakfast was another hit with us. All beautifully cooked. No Richmond sausages here! Be warned though. A cooked breakfast is not normally served on a Monday, only a Continental. Whatever you get though, I'm sure it will be great.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scotty_Trix
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Went to the Sorn Inn for a family meal for my daughters birthday, it was one of the best meals I have had in a long time! The waitress we had was excellent - friendly and approachable. Overall a fantastic place we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Guru132

Been to The Sorn Inn? Share your experiences!