“Highly recommend!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Sorn B&B and Inns
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Sorn Inn to celebrate our anniversary and we really couldn't fault it. We stayed in the Sinclair Suite which was very spacious with a comfortable super king size bed. The bathroom was immaculate and the shower powerful. We ate dinner and breakfast in the establishment and the food was excellent - totally lived up to the wonderful things we'd heard. I'm so happy to have discovered The Sorn Inn and I really hope to go back some day!

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Fortunate indeed that the closest B&B to the place I needed to be was the Sorn. Friendly staff, very nice room (I was lucky they gave me the big room as I happened to be the only one staying those nights). The smaller room is a bit tight but the quality of the breakfast makes up for that anyway.

Makes the long journey up from England much more bearable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
UAE
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Had read a good review of the restaurant in a newspaper article, and while visiting the area decided on here for lunch.We were not disappointed. Beautifully, tender steak pie followed by excellent rum and raisin rice pudding. Couldn't fault anything. Would have loved to have tried the main restaurant for an evening meal as we were impressed with our lunch. Would definitely recommend it and would certainly return when in the area again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Restaurant only for a family meal. We had previously visited the Sorn Inn in March with our daughter and son-in-law who live locally. Happy to report that the food still excellent and service A1. Indeed, it could give plenty of restaurants in London a run for their money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
kilmarnock
Reviewed February 15, 2011

had lunch, we have eaten this restaurant infrequently over the last 8 years
by and large it has been fine vying from superb to iffy .
Had lunch today did not enjoy beef was chewy gravy was not to my taste
we had the main portion which came in a miniature soup bowl , we would not have liked to seen the small portion as we have male friends who would have had a better appetitte
than the portion provided.
As I said previously we have visited you over the years. ,was not comfortable with the bar/waiter he took my card I entered my pin he then took it to the end of the bar where it was out of view I assume all is well but made me uncomfortable
ps where is the nice lady that used to be behide the bar ?? ,

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eliz45
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I moved close to the area a year or so ago, happened upon the Sorn Inn and decided to take lunch there. The service and the food were exceptional and I have taken family and clients to dinner there several times now, never disappointed. On a personal note the smoked haddock is the best I have ever tasted and makes my mouth water just writing about it. Would recommend this restaurant highly for celebration meals also.. we due to eat there again this month to stay and looking forward to it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Had an amazing meal here the other night.. One of the best Gastropubs I have been to in the UK.. Starter, main and and pudding were all first class - the steak in particular. Service was great and to have the chef out and talking to us, even better. Next time, I am up that way, I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sorn
The Fairburn Hotel
The Fenwick Hotel
The Fenwick Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fenwick
Blackaddie Country House Hotel

Been to The Sorn Inn? Share your experiences!