“Great location”

The Lodge at Tiburon
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tiburon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We have stayed at the lodge many times. Our friends live nearby so we are able to walk to their home and most restaurants and shops. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The staff is friendly and accommodating. On one visit our room was over the kitchen. Not a good place to be. On this visit they wanted to put us in that location and we asked if we could be somewhere quieter. Although the room was not ready, it was worth the wait. A quiet room near the elevator. The lodge at tiburon is our go to place whenever we visit tiburon.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Lodge at Tiburon

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have now stayed at The Lodge twice. The first time we were on the west side of the hotel above the Tavern (restaurant) and it was on the noisy side. There was also an air conditioning/refrigerator unit near us that made a lot of noise. This last time, in June, we were on the East side of the hotel and above the pool. It was much quieter and it helped that our room was on the end. We were also staying mid week and got to use the pool and have it all to ourselves; we felt like it was our own private pool. By Friday the pool area got busier, which is understandable. Our room was really very nice and clean. The front desk staff were all very friendly and even let us check in hours early.
The two drawbacks, which I feel like is important for the hotel to know that customers care about these things. Housekeeping - We were out the door each morning by 10am and took the do not disturb sign off each time, we made sure we did. We would return about 3pm to freshen up before meeting up with family and twice, 2 days in a row, our room had not been serviced by housekeeping by this time. Both times, we just needed fresh towels and we had used the coffee maker, so we needed fresh supplies for the next day. We werent even requesting new sheets. We felt like we werent comfortable in the room until it had been done, not wanting to be interrupted if we wanted to shower or nap. I can understand if it's because they have a large number of rooms to turnaround for new arrivals, but the hotel wasnt that full midweek. Even if it's about a reduced staff during the week, dont make someone feel like they've been forgotten. In fact both times we saw housekeeping carts in the halls but couldnt find the person.
The other point to bring up is with the Tavern/restaurant. We only had breakfast there once because the service just wasnt what we hoped for. We had enjoyed a cup of coffee from our room but got to the restaurant and sat for 10 minutes before we got coffee or even our orders taken. The host was very friendly and nice but then scolded the bus boy right in front of us for not helping us immediately. We saw our waiter only twice when he took our order and brought our order but then to get a check or refills on coffee wasnt happening. My husband went out to the lobby to refill on coffee and the host noticed this but then didnt even apologize. Shouldnt that be a sign that we were feeling a little forgotten in the restaurant? We were seated right by the host station too! A breakfast that should've taken less than an hour ended up being over an hour. If you're short staffed or dealing with problems, tell the customers, be upfront about it. Set up a self serve coffee station - there are ways to make people feel more taken care of. Another example, they were out of spinach, half the things on the menu had spinach in them, tell the customers before they order. And never scold an employee in front of customers!

Room Tip: Ask if there's construction going on and ask to be away from it. They are doing improvements at...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had really high hopes for this hotel, but unfortunately it fell short of my expectations. My daughter and I stayed 2 nights at the Lodge in July and I was not overly impressed, which was extremely disappointing considering the price we paid to stay here. Chief complaint was noise... our room was next to the elevator and it was extremely loud. We were awaken several times in the night by it's loud banging sound. The walls here are extremely thin, so if you are looking for a peaceful, quiet retreat, DONT STAY HERE.

3  Thank Tammy S
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The two stars is for the location and the bar. Tiburon is darling and it was a great place for my friend to get married. We had a lot of fun mingling in the bar but other than that, I wasn't impressed at all. The room was very basic and I've stayed at chain hotels that had nice rooms. We checked in and found dirty underwear behind one of the bedside tables while looking for an outlet. When I called the front desk and told them, they barely offered an apology. Housekeeping came and if I wasn't off to a wedding, I would have made a bigger deal. There just isn't anything special about this place and if you want to visit Tiburon, I'd recommend staying in the city and just taking the ferry over for a day.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jaime P
Will F, General Manager at The Lodge at Tiburon, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Jamie C.

Please accept my deepest apologies. I am very disappointed to learn of your experience. We are using this terrible lapse as an important learning opportunity. While it can be said that our rooms are not palatial or spectacular, we pride ourselves on keeping them spotlessly clean and comfortable. I hope our other reviews can convince you that this was an exception to those usual standards. I am also shocked to read of your service experience. This is another way we strive to demonstrate value to our guests, with warm and genuine hospitality, treating every guest as a treasured friend and responding to rare complaints with care and compassion. Again, I apologize for your cool treatment as well as the carelessness that lead to your complaint.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have occasion to return to Tiburon. I would very much like to entice you return for the experience you should have had the first time. I'm confident you'll see how we earned so many other positive reviews.

Best regards,

Will Farrow

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here for one night to get away from the heat of Vacaville and enjoy some R&R. The Lodge offers clean, updated rooms about one block from the waterfront and has a great pool/spa and restaurant. We ate there for breakfast and had the pancakes, french toast and bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon which was all fantastic. The waiter was also very attentive. We would have given the hotel five stars except for a few reasons. We arrived at the hotel at 4pm and room was not ready; we had to wait about 20 minutes. This was surprising since check in time is 3:00. Also, our room was very loud; you could here every step from the people in the room above us and the central lighting in the gathering areas outside was very bright making it difficult to sleep. Lastly, when we made the reservation, the system asked us if we wanted to upgrade to a room with a balcony which would cost $15 extra. We did pay the extra money however the balcony is not worth it for this room (#232) as the view looks down on the rooftop of one of the buildings.

Room Tip: Choose third floor rooms
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our family stayed for one night and wished we could have stayed another. The location is great and within walking distance to the ferry and the great restaurants and shops in this quaint town. The staff was so helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The gathering places outside were very inviting. We could not have asked for more.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I drove from Portland Oregon to Tiburon with our puppy and the Lodge at Tiburon made us extremely happy! The town is so quaint and quiet and literally right on the water. We had a pet friendly room and even received a list of pet areas at checkin. A night walk around town was safe and quiet! The Mexican restaurant was great, huge portions. The room was fantastic as well, I wish we could have stayed more than 1 night. Next morning had breakfast at a cute cafe that allowed dogs outside and then drove thru San Fran. My husband and I plan to return as soon as we can!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiburon
Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa
Hotel Sausalito
Hotel Sausalito
#4 of 4 in Sausalito
Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Been to The Lodge at Tiburon? Share your experiences!