We made a weekend trip to the Lodge in Tiburon simply to meet up with friends and drink in the Bay Area ambiance for a couple days. Having stayed there once before about 15 years ago, I was pleased to see they have done much to keep the property up-to-date, despite the somewhat telling architecture reminiscent of the early 1960s. The rooms have been redecorated from a palette of rich earth-tones, the furnishings are modern and of better quality than the typical hotel appointments, and the bed was luxurious with crisp linens and a luxuriously padded mattress.
While the rooms are not overly spacious, the hotel does have a nice patio area with a small swimming-pool and an inviting outdoor Jacuzzi with a couple small palapas with bench swings that offered protection from the misty fog so common to the area. We were particularly enamored with the outdoor (gas-powered) fire pit surrounded by big wooden rocking chairs – going at full-tilt for the duration of our stay. I was a bit taken aback by the $15.00 glass of Pinot Noir at the hotel bar, and it appeared that the hotel restaurant was similarly pricey-to-scale, but I guess ambiance has its price. In fact, there’s not much in Tiburon (maybe nothing) that caters to the budget traveler.
The hotel lies just a block or so from Main Street where most of the eateries can be found, along with the ferry terminal for boat connections to Angel Island and San Francisco. We enjoyed poking around the boutique shops and walking amidst the homes of the rich and famous. It’s just a short drive to Muir Woods and the Marin Headlands, both of which offer a lot or options for getting out and stretching your legs.
In short, great location. Nicely appointed (but pricey) hotel equally well-suited for a family outing or a romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Nestled. Across the spectacular San Francisco Bay, The Lodge at Tiburon is an easy, sublime escape from the noise of the city. Only steps away from the Bay docks, the hotel provides a quaint retreat nestled among the cafes, boutiques and galleries of Tiburon and is adorned with relaxing décor and an inviting ambiance. The Lodge at Tiburon offers quintessential Northern California living at its best, striving to offer a personalized experience tailored to guest’s individual needs and interests, from the complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program, including the I-pad wall. Gilchrist and Soames bath and body products, high-tech efficiencies and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. The on-property restaurant, Tiburon Tavern, serves a delicious selection of locally farmed elevated comfort cuisine. With two outdoor patios and two indoor fireplaces, Tiburon Tavern is the ideal place to relax and enjoy an evening with family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodge at Tiburon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Tiburon Hotel Tiburon
- Larkspur Collection Tiburon
- Hotel Tiburon Larkspur Collection
- Tiburon Lodge