1,820 results
All reviews great location san francisco angel island fire pit within walking distance outdoor fireplace hotel restaurant main street heated pool ferry ride upon check restaurants and shops easy access muir woods wine country marin county golden gate
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Positives: Great location, short walk to restaurants, shops, etc.. Also small local park with views across the bay of the city of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. Staff was friendly, no complaints. The "lodge" has a very nice outdoor seating area with fireplace and comfortable seating. Self serve parking. I am not sure the term "lodge" fits, that seems a stretch. If you had an old Howard Johnson Inn, with a very small elevator (too small to fit a luggage cart and 2 people) sent my wife up while I ran up the steps to meet her on the 3rd floor. Oh, I forgot the "lodge" has no bell staff. I did get to the third floor as my wife was attempting to get the wedged in luggage cart off the elevator (didn't hear the end of it though). Anyway, if you gutted the old motel/ hotel and nicely upgraded the rooms, lobby, and outdoor areas that is what you have here. Think it is overpriced for what it is, but its Tiburon, and it is the only "lodge" in town. Suggest you let your wife/ significant other go first to the room and send the elevator down for you and the luggage!! She might even give you a tip :)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
sietse1472, General Manager at The Lodge at Tiburon, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear 1oldmanriver,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on The Lodge at Tiburon. I am glad to hear that you find the Lodge to be in a great location to many activities and that it suits you well for your travels to San Francisco. Also, I am happy to hear that my staff is able to provide friendly service during your stay. I do apologize that you did not have any assistance up to your room with your belongings. We do hope that you choose the Lodge to stay at in the future if you visit the Bay Area. If so please let me know and we would be happy to provide you with bell services to assist with your luggage up to the room at any time of your stay.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The Lodge has a great staff, great restaurant on site, and still the best bed I have ever slept in. I prefer to stay here even when I have to be in the city the next day. Close location to the ferry is a good way to start the day.

Been staying here a few times a year over the past 5 years. Never a bad experience.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank loren w
sietse1472, General Manager at The Lodge at Tiburon, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear loren w,
Thank you very much for your review on The Lodge at Tiburon. I appreciate your feedback and I am glad that you choose the Lodge to stay for your time in the Bay Area. I am happy to hear that our beds are able to suit you comfortably for your stay. I take great appreciation for having a staff that can accommodate our guests for a pleasant stay. Please let me know when you next visit the Bay Area and I would gladly assist with making your future reservations with The Lodge.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

After reading reviews we determined a 3rd story (top level) room was the best option and had a lovely king size bed with balcony overlooking the courtyard. Initially, I thought our room was too close to the elevator but found that it was actually the best location in regards to not hearing sounds from other adjacent rooms. We did use the hot tub and found it to be very clean and relaxing, as well as the pool. We had a late lunch in the Tavern and found the food to be very good indeed, the wine a bit on the expensive side but a good selection. I will agree with the reviewers on toilet paper/tissue quality (It really should be upgraded) as well as the showers. The showers were a pleasant surprise as typically you get "the Marin Drip" in hotels in the area. This was a powerful, but not needle-stinging powerful, shower. Note as well to close balcony doors when retiring as sounds echo tremendously in the courtyard. We rented bikes, available from the hotel, and enjoyed a coastal ride along the shore. Also did a bit of fishing off the pier with some luck :)

Room tip: Book on the 3rd floor.

Dear july22sue,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on The Lodge at Tiburon. I am very happy to hear that you had a chance to use many of the amenities we have to offer. I do hope that you enjoyed your Belvedere room and hope that you were able to utilize the balcony during your stay. Also, I am glad that the hot tub and pool provided a pleasant way to relax for your vacation. Our restaurant the Tiburon Tavern has a very nice lunch menu, as well as a very nice dinner menu with different nightly specials. We hope that you choose the Lodge to stay at again in the future if your travels bring you back to the Bay Area. Please let me know if you return to the Tiburon area we would gladly make your future accommodations at the Lodge.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed 2 nights.First night was awful.We had a room on the first floor,but were woken up at 5:00AM by the noise in the room above us.You could hear every footstep and the TV.Front desk very accomodating and moved us to a lovely king room upstairs.When booking this hotel be sure do book upstairs.We were not the only people complaining about noise on first floor.

Room tip: upstairs only

Dear sheriki,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on The Lodge at Tiburon. I want to apologize for the inconvenience of the noise issue that occurred during your stay with us. I am happy to hear that our front desk staff was able to accommodate you with a room move, which sounds like it was a better location for your stay. We do hope that you visit us again at The Lodge in the future. Please let me know and I would be happy to arrange future reservations for an upper room floor for your next stay.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I travel to this area for work fairly often & have stayed just about everywhere at least once. My search is over - this is where I want to stay going forward.
Shower: incredible. Honestly I think this is the best shower I have EVER had in any hotel!
Bed: oh so comfortable right down to the big down pillows
Location: Tiburon is gorgeous no matter where you are and from the Lodge you can walk this town easily.
Wi-fi: good strength & reliability
Parking: on site and private lot
Coffee in room: good, just should have more packets to brew for those that like more than 4oz in the morning.
Pool/Hot Tub: never used it, but always saw people in it ... even later in the evening so I'd assume it's pretty nice.

The only areas that I'd recommend stepping it up:
- Tissues/Toilet paper: they're too cheap for this level of hotel
- Towels: need to be less scratchy and more fluffy
- Trashcan: why oh why is there not a trashcan in the bathroom?

Room tip: King bed is HUGE & super comfy!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
sietse1472, General Manager at The Lodge at Tiburon, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Erica G,
Thank you for taking the time and writing a nice review about The Lodge at Tiburon. I am very happy to hear that you have chosen The Lodge as your destination to stay for work visits. Thank you for sharing the amenities that you enjoy that makes your stay memorable. The beds that we have at the hotel are quite comfortable and help our guests relax when needed. We hope that we will get a chance to see you again in the near future for your next work visit and make it a comfortable stay as always.