“wow!”

Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Tiburon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Established in 2013, owners Renzo and Crystal were honeymooning in Tiburon and came across the vacant restaurant on a romantic stroll on Main St. They put a lot of love into the renovations to enhance the beautiful spot. Executive Chef Renzo has been a restauranteur for over 15 years and his new wife Crystal is happy to assist with the front of house. The name Luna Blu means blue moon in Italian, it relates to their honeymoon and also something special and rare "once in a blue moon". Serving weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. We are business partners of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Program, which means we only serve sustainable seafood. Also our meat and poultry is all naturally raised and from small farms. We serve as much organic produce as possible. Luna Blu is perfect for a romantic meal or large groups, we recommend reservations. We hope to create many more happy and special memories here.
Bend, Oregon
“wow!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were a party of five, promptly seated outdoors for a great lunch experience. The staff was very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. The food exceeded our expectations. I did not study the wine list, but we enjoyed a very nice California Chardonnay. We shared a delicious starter of burrata cheese on toast, topped with tartufo...YUM! Others at the table enjoyed the tuna tartare, the mussels, the spaghetti carbonara, and the cioppino. We would definitely return, given the opportunity. Try it!

• Visited August 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Charming Bay Side Restaurant”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The owner was not only there to greet us, but along with her husband, the chef, bid us farewell after our meal. The service was very attentive. We all enjoyed our meals. I had a lovely salad. My husband loved the cioppino. My grandson had a panini. We would surely eat there our next time in Tiburon.

Tiburon, California, United States
“Excellent contemporary Italian”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I ate here 7/2014 and it was very good. The staff was very attentive and the food was excellent.

They have a small wine list but the selection is good and the mark up is slightly less than half of retail. They have several selections by the glass and a full bar.

Unfortunately, when we made our reservation we didn't specify an outdoor table and had to sit inside, so if you want the view be sure to ask when you reserve.

San Mateo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New and BLU....Luna Blu makes my Day”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I love bringing people new to the Bay Area to special places that I have discovered. My latest discovery is Luna Blu in Tiburon. With a skyline view of SF, cozy atmosphere right on the water....it's all about the CUISINE.
RENZO (owner) who has mastered the Italian art of blending flavors, and Crystal (owner) who puts the special touch to everything, made us feel pampered at Luna Blu.
The special cheeses, the blended flavors, the fresh ingredients cooked with true detail delighted all of us. Combined with a great wine list and special desserts Luna Blu made me the "man in the know" with my guests. Can't beat that.

1 Thank mindbrkr
“On the waterfront”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Another great Italian restaurant in Tiburon. We had a view of the water in this popular eatery. It was quite crowded on a Monday night. Service was great and food was excellent. The chef came by and spoke with us....always a nice touch. Luna Blue should not be missed.

Visited July 2014