“A Perfect Trip”

Couloir Wines - Straight Line Wine Tasting Room
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Tasting Room is permanently closed. Please visit us by appointment in Calistoga, CA. Visit our website to learn more.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Whether you live in San Francisco Bay area or are just visiting, this is a perfect trip to a wonderful town for some great wine tasting without having to travel all the way to the Napa/Sonoma area. The tasting room has a charming ambiance and the wine is nothing short of spectacular. You're right on the bay within walking distance to some great restaurants to boot! Go, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Richard L

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Everything i was poured knocked my socks off. Granted, located in a beautiful spot and great weather while i was there, so not too much could upset me at that point, but was amazed at how delcious and approachable all the wines were. Ended up taking a bunch home with me and signing up for the mailing list (which I almost never do). I live in the Bay Area, so easy access for me, but I will certianly add this destination to my "must see" list for those staying SF and looking for a ferry trip on the Bay to Tiburon.

3  Thank Mike Z
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I love this cute wine bar, with a lovely patio and excellent wines! John grant is a truly wonderful winemaker, I'm looking forward to his new and past wines.

2  Thank Ingrid E
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to the tasting room last weekend with the whole family, including kids and grandma, and everyone had a great time in between wine tasting, playing with the dog and drawing with street chalk!

2  Thank andreaskemp
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This wine tasting room is elegant and classy. I love the personal attention that you get when you walk in. There is indoor seating at the bar/tables, or you can enjoy the outdoor patio seating as well. The place has a modern decor and is perfect to relax and sip some of the delicious, hand-crafted Straight Line or Couloir wines. You won't be disappointed if you make a stop here. In addition, the owners are also dog-friendly and child-friendly. They have a dog water bowl and bed on the patio where your pup can relax, and an area for your children to create chalk drawings on the enclosed patio.

1  Thank MollyWineLover